DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

Post by kadu522 »

So for posterity i managed to load the mod perfectly fine useing doomrunner. other launchers should work fine. but the one included on the mod download is not working for some reason.

Other then that everything works perfectly fine!

Also weapon capacity i'm pretty sure is not removable as it is a core gameplay mechanic expecialy in DRLA, while you can raise it with capacity stats you will want to curate your weapons as you go.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.31d:

Fixed crashes when playing with the mod Corruption Cards 4.5a, in cases of Map Events:
- Megaboss;
- One-Monster;
- Feeding Frenzy;
- Overmind.

For details, click here.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.31e:

- DRLA Extended compat: now can banish Familiars with the Unsummon skill (use overdrive for this). For those who do not know how to use overdrive: Press the run button + the button to use the skill;
- fix "Legendoom Lite health pickups not working". For details, click here;
- now to disassemble the item you have to pay some credits (for the balance);
- changed the formula for calculating ammo capacity when "Natural Stats Leveling" is enabled. Now the player with this setting will not have double ammo capacity advantage;
- changed the formula for gaining experience for Capacity stat when "Natural Stats Leveling" is enabled. Now experience is gained if a character carries three or more items;
- reduced inventory capacity for use items. 6 at start, and 1 for every 5th level of Capacity (or for every 8th if "Natural Stats Leveling" enabled).

Warning: once you banish Familiars, you will not be able to bring them back. You will have to find new ones (or find them again).

Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Hello; great update; may I ask an option to pause any other actions when using shopping/skill menu in the future? To avoid conflict with other movement mods such as Zmovement or Jumpstart.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Unregret wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 am Hello; great update; may I ask an option to pause any other actions when using shopping/skill menu in the future? To avoid conflict with other movement mods such as Zmovement or Jumpstart.
Now the character does not move when you use the menu of shop/skills. Or what do you mean?
Unregret

Post by Unregret »

lucker42 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:40 am
Unregret wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 am Hello; great update; may I ask an option to pause any other actions when using shopping/skill menu in the future? To avoid conflict with other movement mods such as Zmovement or Jumpstart.
Now the character does not move when you use the menu of shop/skills. Or what do you mean?
Well some mods use the same dash function as "+speed" crouch button which is one of DoomRL essential control. When using skill menu and "+speed" button to switch tabs, the players also dash around. I don't know how to fix this.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Does anyone know if there is any option to distribute automatically the points (strengh, regen, lucky, etc...)

I looked in the options and didn't find it, I think Kyle873's version had it.

And I couldn't run doom 1 even with the compatibility option, it only opens doom 2.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Unregret wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:07 pm
lucker42 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:40 am
Well some mods use the same dash function as "+speed" crouch button which is one of DoomRL essential control. When using skill menu and "+speed" button to switch tabs, the players also dash around. I don't know how to fix this.
When I have time, I'll see how it works with these mods
Doctrine Gamer wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:44 pm Does anyone know if there is any option to distribute automatically the points (strengh, regen, lucky, etc...)

I looked in the options and didn't find it, I think Kyle873's version had it.

And I couldn't run doom 1 even with the compatibility option, it only opens doom 2.
Rebalance is built on the Doom RPG Sumwunn's Edition version. For whatever reason, this feature was no longer there.

As for Doom 1, I recommend using WadSmoosh to play Doom 1, Sigil, Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.31f:

- DoomRL Arsenal compat: changed formulas for dropping for armor/weapons DRLA Arsenal. Now there is a more pronounced difference in chances between gradations (Exotic > Superrior > Unique > Demonic > Legendary). The cases when find several unique items in a row or vice versa - get a succession of standard items - are minimized. But it also depends on luck and map level (depending on your settings);
- DoomRL Arsenal Extended compat: the Nomad class can now carry all DoomRPG items between levels of the following types: Powerups/Stims/Augs/Turrets. The concept of the Nomad class remains intact, he still throws out weapons/armor/modpacks (except for the best pistol and demonic artifact);
- changed recipes for assembling Exotic/Unique armor (armor that can break is now cheaper to assemble);
- the Regeneration Sphere formula has been changed. Now this sphere is more useful in the early stages of the game, and is not imbalanced in the later stage;
- Time Freeze Sphere now works for 15 seconds (instead of 10). The cost of the sphere in the store is equivalent to the cost of Vial Chrono;
- now regeneration and freezing time spheres can appear on maps instead of other spheres (not much chance);
- money drop is reduced.

Update 1.31f Hot fix #1 (13.03.2023):
- fix "Can't pick up some rocket boxes". For details, click here;
- minor balance chages.

lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.31g:

DoomRL Arsenal compatibility changes:
- restored the function by which on the maps where appeared a unique or similar items - appears hinting to this message on the left to the top of the screen (pay attention to this to find something special);
- now each found unique or similar item increases the Danger Level (as in the original). Danger Level can be seen in the DoomRPG menu on the maps;
- Unique and Exotic weapons rearranged by priority of appearance/dropout;
- some recipes for crafting weapons through Dissasembling Device have been changed;
- fix: display HUD icons for Hellsing ARMS Casull and Anti Freak Jackal when taken together;
- fix: megasphere now gives double the player's health (previously it was at 200 HP);
- fix: megasphere now gives energy points.

DoomRPG fixes:
- changed the Natural Stats Leveling coefficient formula for monsters. Now monsters don't have to become infinitely stronger over time;
- increased the chance of dropping Vials from monsters with auras;
- crates system balance tweaks;
- fix: the "WRP30-LITE" energy shield accessory now works as described;
- fix: display the time of use of Regen Spheres in the DoomRPG menu;
- fix: "using compendium and wadsmoosh together breaks level transitions for doom 1 levels". For details, click here.

Hotfix (15.03.2023):
- more variation and less repetition of items in Crates.

Hotfix (16.03.2023):
- adapting the new item spawn and crates system for multiplayer;
- some fixes to the logic of crates system;
- fix: now Last Soul received from Pain Elemental Summoned, as well as corpses revived by Archvile Summoned - can also teleport to the player;
- fix: corrected colors of the Uncommon and Superior crates names;
- fix: "Multiplayer game: sell/store items when interacting with Mission BBS and Assembling machine with Pandemonia". For details, click here.

Hotfix (17.03.2023):
- rewritten code for AUG Summon. Now it works steadily for all player's summons and subsummons monsters (with some exceptions);
- redesigned Archvile Summoned resurrection - now all resurrected monsters become Player's Summon and get bonuses from AUG Summon. All player's summon skills now also work for resurrected monsters. Since they are part of the Summons pool - there can also be a limited number of 10 monsters;
- now need a certain amount of Demon Artifacts to learn demon summoning skills;
- other minor fixes.

Deon

Post by Deon »

Thank you for keeping this up to date and compatible with other major gameplay mods. This is one of my favourite ways to play big megawads.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Deon wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:00 am Thank you for keeping this up to date and compatible with other major gameplay mods. This is one of my favourite ways to play big megawads.
Thanks for the feedback!
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.31h:

- fix: "Starting map does not work." #400. This option now adds a start map to the teleporter when needed. For example, when you use Lexicon and/or Obsidian, you can add MAP01 to the teleporter and use that;
- fix: "runaway script, drpgweaponspawner terminated" could appear in the late stages of the game;
- minor balance changes.

Unregret

Post by Unregret »

Corruption Cards is updated to v4.6c.
Ranubis

Post by Ranubis »

I have some bugs to report:

-Soul trap doesnt work for me, i tried using it with invulnerability spheres but it just doesnt work. I think it has something to do with Roguelike Arsenal but im not sure.

-Typhon Familiar doesnt work and it crashes game when used, im playing with Corruption Cards 4.6b and Roguelike Arsenal Extended 1.1.5

Edit: Soul Trap works fine with soul spheres, Megaspheres and all that but not with Invulnerability ones, is that intentional?

-I also had a weird bug with (i think it is caused by that) a card from Corruption Cards 4.6b that make some enemies be objects, i think it could be incompatible with how enemies work on DoomRPG when they drop credits after death.
Attachments
DoomRPG + RLAX 1.1.5 Thyphon Summon Error.png

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”