[GZDoom] Enhanced E2M1 with better lighting

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RaZZoR

[GZDoom] Enhanced E2M1 with better lighting

Post by RaZZoR »

I present to you enhanced E2M1. Main focus was on atmospheric lighting with some design changes due to lights. Map is balanced for using with HD textures and PBR materials and runs only in GZDoom. For those who thinks it's too dark, use flashlight (obviously). Recommended mods are in description below my video. It's not perfect, but i think it's gud enough.

Port: GZDoom
WAD: Ultimate Doom, E2M1
Map format: UDMF
Mouselook: recommended
Crouch, jump: unnecessary

Link https://tinyurl.com/339hmsf6

More screens
Spoiler:
Last edited by RaZZoR on Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Hastig
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [GZDoom] Enhanced E2M1 with better lighting

Post by Professor Hastig »

:puke:
Wet floor syndrome <> better lighting!

I've yet to see even a single attempt of proper PBR use in Doom. This is certainly not it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Professor Hastig wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:36 am :puke:
Wet floor syndrome <> better lighting!

I've yet to see even a single attempt of proper PBR use in Doom. This is certainly not it.
Your opinion is noted, but perhaps you could phrase it a bit more constructively and less... "typical gamer"? Suggestions would probably be welcomed for what can be tweaked. People aren't going to get it right if all they hear is that it sucks.
Professor Hastig
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Professor Hastig »

Well, the biggest issue is of course that the floor looks like it's soaked in vaseline, so definitely less reflectiveness is needed.
I am really starting to wonder if this is all PBR can do, because it is virtually a trademark look of PBR demos.
RaZZoR

Post by RaZZoR »

PBR and other stuff are optional.
Here how map looks without it

Return to “Levels”