(1,2) Bullet count is basically impossible to do while maintaining compatibility, as far as I can tell, because of the way hitscan attacks work. Same deal with blast radius -- that's baked into the actor definition.Dan_The_Noob wrote: ↑Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:20 pm thinking of ideas for player/weapon upgrades while playing a bunch recently.
1. projectile/bullet count.
2. blast radius/damage radius
3. move speed
4. health regen
5. some trade-off type upgrades (+X%/X damage for -X% fire rate) or something and other things like thing (maybe the inverse, +X fire rate for -X damage)
6. maybe shift dark harvest to a player perk and make it less effective per stack somehow? or capped.
also, please make homing prioritise enemies nearest the crosshair or something maybe? because currently they jus hit the floor or ceiling if the closest enemy is flying
(3) I've considered this and keep going back and forth on it. Movespeed increases are obviously useful but could also break levels by letting the player make jumps they're not meant to be able to, and too high movespeed is hard to control. (In some games like XEvil stacking too many move upgrades lets you clip through walls, but gzDoom probably doesn't have this issue?)
(4) Health regen I've avoided because I don't want anything that encourages shoot-n-scoot tactics or parking yourself in a safe room to recover between fights -- everything in GB that restores health (or other resources) requires you to fight things, and that's an intentional design choice.
(5) Also something I've considered but haven't pulled the trigger on -- someone earlier in the thread suggested "+damage but also +ammo usage" as another tradeoff idea. Maybe someday?
(6) This is what Scavenge Blood/Lead/Steel are already.
Nope. That's something I want to add at some point -- possibly along with HUD elements showing you what stacks enemies have -- but UI work is hard and I don't like it.
Might be possible, not something I ever thought of but if it is possible it wouldn't be hard to add, I think -- another one for the notes file.Shatter-Thought[V-4] wrote: ↑Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm I have a small idea to present for more esoteric players: A "Choice Timer" players can toggle on to force them to make a choice, elsewise the powerup is randomly chosen.
I concede I have zero idea if this is possible, just throwing this idea out.