Son Of A Gun - First Encounter (5 level Boom compatible map set)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orka

Son Of A Gun - First Encounter (5 level Boom compatible map set)

Post by Orka »

m_doom.png
m_doom.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
Son Of A Gun - First Encounter

"Son Of A Gun - First Encounter" is a 5 level Boom compatible map set for Doom II. The very first map is a remake of an older map that I've built aeons ago (of course I've lost that map) and the idea hit me "let's just limit myself as much as possible". So I mainly used stock Doom I / Doom II textures (among with a few recolored variants) and monsters but I also couldn't resist including some new faces in the monster roster. I think the limit helped me keep working on new ideas. I would say this is a work in progress map set but I don't wanna keep promises, so this is it. 5 maps. There's no major boss fights or anything, just 5 regular maps I felt like building. Tho the 5th one is a bit harder than the rest. Almost broke my keyboard while testing it... Will I make a "Second Encounter" edition with more maps? Who knows? I released this so it won't go to waste if I don't continue with it. My modding mood can change like the weather.

The maps have 4 player starts so in theory co-op should be possible, but only the first two maps include deathmatch spawns (and separate deathmatch arena based on the singleplayer layout).

Anyway, I don't know what else I could tell about this so here are some screenshots:
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, uh... don't play this with gameplay mods that change monsters but not the Wolfenstein SS and Commander Keen... because the mod has replacements for them: an Akimbo Uzi Dude and a Grey Imp (which throws bruiser slime balls at you). It would look kinda out of place when you are fighting robots and suddenly a punk zombie and a grey slimechucker demon joins their army. For best experience play it in prboom-plus. That's what I've tested these maps with and I've had a blast.

Here's the download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dgf9bl12 ... r.zip/file

Have fun!

Return to “Levels”