Walpurgis 0.99 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eharper256

Re: Walpurgis 0.97 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW TRAILER!]

Post by eharper256 »

Just a quick note to those that may be interested: OBSIDIAN now partially supports making random Hexen levels. Not very good ones or anything since its not aware that jumping, hubs, or puzzles exist at all and that items should be rarer, but hey: viewtopic.php?p=1234852
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

New video showing maps 1-4 of TDAC 1632, a mapset where each level is based on a renaissance plague or disease of some sorts from a 1600's medical census. Sounded like a fun concept, and indeed makes for some fun and mind-bending levels.

In other news, I've finished some foundational work for 0.98, and have started the long road of spriting new weapons for the slot [3] replacers. First up of those will be the Magister's Geomancy, Lapis-Flos (tentative name).

You can get this wad here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/133295
Impulse9
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Impulse9 »

Nice, thank you.
One question: ist there a way to make the enemies more difficult? Imo you are very op, also at the hardest skill...
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Impulse9 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:08 pm Nice, thank you.
One question: ist there a way to make the enemies more difficult? Imo you are very op, also at the hardest skill...
Have you checked out the difficulty options or the dimensional instability menu in the Walpurgis options? You can multiply enemy health up to x5, increase chances of Elite enemies spawning, activate Doomed Souls mode (no health pickups) and activate an enemy randomiser there. Theres a few options for you. :)

Failing that, Walpurgis automatically works with Champions and Corruption Cards.

Other monster mods like Colorful Hell can also be attached (turn off the Walp bestiary in the menu for big replacer mods though).
Impulse9

Post by Impulse9 »

Oh god. You saved my day! :-D THANKSSSSS
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Impulse9 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:01 am Oh god. You saved my day! :-D THANKSSSSS
No problem, hope you enjoy. :)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Time's just disappeared on me these last couple of weeks; January is, as always, the busiest time of the year for me at work, often with a bit of working late or overtime. This year has kind of lived up to that, so I've not managed to do much Walp due to being knackered. Still, things should pick up again soon for 0.98. I've got an interesting new plan for the Crusader's Slot 3 alternate weapon which I'm rather excited for when I get some chance to do a bit of spriting.
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

eharper256 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am Time's just disappeared on me these last couple of weeks; January is, as always, the busiest time of the year for me at work, often with a bit of working late or overtime. This year has kind of lived up to that, so I've not managed to do much Walp due to being knackered. Still, things should pick up again soon for 0.98. I've got an interesting new plan for the Crusader's Slot 3 alternate weapon which I'm rather excited for when I get some chance to do a bit of spriting.
Can't wait! Looking forward to it :D <3
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

CandiceJoy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:58 amCan't wait! Looking forward to it :D <3
Thanks. Hopefully we'll start video sample city soon (TM).
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Well, in the meantime before I do some of the required coding, here's a couple of the finished Geomancy sprites!
The idle animation at the bottom shows the magister's vein's glowing with Verdant mana, which throbs like blood between the hands. Still needs some tweaking, but so far pretty cool if I may say so. :)
Impulse9

Post by Impulse9 »

This looks very cool. Nice job dude!
headlesszombie
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by headlesszombie »

Oh my. That is sweet, was wondering what type of magic the wizard was getting for the alt slot 3. Can't wait too see what spells he will have, very excited.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Impulse9 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:46 pm This looks very cool. Nice job dude!
Thanks!
headlesszombie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:03 pm Oh my. That is sweet, was wondering what type of magic the wizard was getting for the alt slot 3. Can't wait too see what spells he will have, very excited.
Thanks. There was originally going to be something else, but then I figured, if we have fire and ice, earth and lightning are also obvious opposites, and some ideas for new and unique geomancy attacks finally struck me just after the New Year. :)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Geomancy is here!

Whew, I'm finally through my busiest work period, and that means I managed to finally get the Primary Fire of the Magister's new Geomancy, Lapis Flos, into working order. It still probably needs a couple of extra sprites at a couple of points and some further tweaks, but its finally in a state where I can show it off a bit, so here it is.

The primary fire makes you conjure boulders of various shapes and sizes. They hover in the place you summoned them (and remember their direction), and you can hold the button to continue to summon up to 18 of them in total if you have the time. When released, all the floating stones rocket off and bounce around like boulders should do, often yeeting enemies into the air and pancaking others to the ground with the fury of a dozen catapults. It's pretty rocking!
Impulse9

Re: Walpurgis 0.97 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [Geomancy Preview]

Post by Impulse9 »

Omg! This ist great!! Is it inspired by the HexArcana3-mod? There the mage also has a similiar skill...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”