(Tentative title ATM, If you have any idea for a different name that'd be better, please let me know. Otherwise, it’ll stay when it gets released)
Introduction“Long ago, there was a world named Parthoris that was divided upon various territories and the great seven kingdoms across the land, remaining in peace for some time. Until that one fateful day, Parthoris fell into darkness when it was invaded by a Serpent Rider named D’Sparil along with his army called Order of The Sign. The Sidhes went into hiding after they were overwhelmed by the forces of the Abyss and D’Sparil reigned supreme across the lands of Parthoris. Eventually from out of the fires, A new hero arose from the shadows and took up arms to not only combat the forces of the Abyss but also D’Sparil himself. Thus begins the journey to avenge the fallen and save Parthoris from facing its annihilation into the Abyss…”
This originally started back in late 2018 as a little gameplay mod that fixes some of the things I didn't like about Heretic. As time goes on over the past few years, it eventually evolved into an ambitious gameplay mod after several layoffs, burnouts and a few restarts. Heretic Silverspring Fortress is an enhancement gameplay mod for Heretic, it aims to overhaul most of the gameplay with hexen-like classes, RPG system, and other aspects inspired from Heretic II and the rest of Hexen series. As of now, this mod is currently in W.I.P and some things are subject to change.
The upcoming features are:
- Overhauls to the gameplay (mostly)
- New monsters with exception of the randomizer
- Playable classes
- RPG System, leveling and class abilities/spells
- Alt-fire for all weapons, powered as well
- Few additional inventory items
- Various additional particle effects
Code: Select all
Classes/Weapons: 25% Bestiary: 40% Pickups: 60% RPG Elements: 0%
Since this mod is still under W.I.P and the only person working on this, I really need help on 2 main issues:
1. The Classes/Weapons as I really lack resources since I’m not really good at making sprites and Heretic/Hexen never get enough stuff nowadays. In other words, sprites for player classes and weapons.
2. RPG System, I severely lack knowledge on how to make RPG mechanics and I think this one is a genuine pain in the arse to me.
Any kind of help will be much appreciated, even outside of 2 main issues that I’m currently facing with.