La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Evil Jim 12

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.85b Daina's new Voice

Post by Evil Jim 12 »

Hi New member here. I'm Liking Daina's new voice. Suits the character better. I'm appreciative of it. Will Nari get custom voice lines too Hege Cactus? My fav of the 3
cause she like Curly Brace.

Have you ever thought of making a custom La tailor girl themed Episode or Map. Hell even make a whole indie game out of it?
TwelvNighn129
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TwelvNighn129 »

Hey, can i borrow your character sprites? We are working on a wad, and we need it for our character. We will give you credit if you let us use it.
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

You know, as much as I love this mod, I have some critiques that I'd like to see addressed:
I love all of the armors and want to use more of them, but what I find myself doing instead of switching between them constantly is just sticking to one and upgrading it. Then, if I lose it, I'll just an hero to restart instead of getting a new outfit.

I think this is down to two issues: Outfit rarity and power disparity between them. A lot of wads just don't work well with this mod, and while this can be fixed to a degree by messing with obsidian, you then lose the structure of manmade wads. But sometimes they just don't give you much if any armor to work with, so you're stuck with what you have. This is worse considering how weak you are while nude. Slaughter wads in particular are a massive pain. This also means that getting upgraded clothes (the most interesting ones IMO) can take multiple levels if either the RNG just doesn't give you the right ones or if there simply aren't many spawns in the first place. Or both.

There's also the power disparity. Once you get a really good outfit like the string bikini, using practically anything else is just a flat out downgrade. And some have gimmicks that are so bad they're not worth taking if you have anything else available. And some are simply not interesting compared to others. If you gave me the choice between the sailor outfit and the black bikini, I'm always going to pick the sailor outfit. It's just weird that with so many options, I never try out more than a few of them.

Two other minor issues I find are 1: The coolgun sucks in like 90% of scenarios. it's almost always more efficient to use any other weapon, especially when ammo is scarce (it usually is). But that's to be expected, because cryo weapons in doom mods just universally kind of suck due to their habit of devouring ammo and causing the frozen death state. In this mod it's mostly just the ammo consumption and utility. I'll almost always use the pulse rifle or scrapper over it. Or hell, even the K9000 if I have the sailor or string bikini. The second minor issue is that while the idea of making the environment suit its own armor was novel and it's very funny, it also really breaks certain levels even in vanilla doom 2 due to those certain levels mandating the use of an environment suit powerup to not take damage through a toxic floor segment. The prime example is in the Hell On Earth Starter Pack nuclear reactor level where you have to take one of those into the reactor or you'll take enough damage to either destroy your outfit or kill you. Forced damage never feels good, and forced armor removal feels just as bad, so I'd personally rethink this considering the fact that unlike blue and green armor, the environment suit was previously a temporary powerup. Oh, and as an aside, I'd really like either a warning that the kamui destroys your current outfit or an option to toggle that feature.

Now if I had to give any suggestions for how to fix these issues, if you think they are issues at all, I would say...
1: You could add rarity manipulation options to the mod menu. Either changing what items are replaced with what, or changing how rare certain items are. Or both. This way you could remove outfits you don't like or ones that ruin the balance. Oh, and the aforementioned kamui thing.
2: Add a function to remove your current outfit WITHOUT destroying it. This would solve both the outfit dedication issue and the environment suit issue. Probably. Either way it would definitely incentivize more experimentation with how each set modifies weapon behavior.
3: Generally just better incentivize switching outfits rather than sticking to a single one. Because the life fibers simply aren't abundant enough to sacrifice for most of the time.
4: Maybe give a slight buff to the coolgun's utility. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly, but I feel like it's lacking.

And before I forget to mention it, I have one rather serious issue that I mentioned earlier in this thread but didn't really elaborate on. The flashing effect of faster firing weapons like the upgraded pulse rifle (mostly from the string bikini) that lights up the entire sector you're in, the fact that the lightning gun projectiles can sometimes be so big that literally cover my entire screen in yellow for a split second --- both of those plus the behavior of the voidsphere produce strobing effects that can cause seizures in epileptic people and headaches in those who are merely sensitive to bright and flashing lights. And my experience has been that I can't use the weapons for very long or they cause splitting headaches. And yes, I've tried messing with the toggle in the options menu to remove "flashing", but it simply doesn't work. I don't know why, I just know it doesn't stop the strobing effect. I believe in my previous post about it I actually mentioned a way to remove those flashes and what causes them. That info isn't really useful to anyone who doesn't know how to use SLADE or another editor to directly modify the files or where to look for them.

Apologies if I was repetitive throughout any of this. It's a bad habit.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

AvzinElkein wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 pm Also, I noticed that Sewie can't upgrade the "default" outfit more than once despite the PDA saying otherwise. Also, when I tried using Scientist altfires, vials didn't drop! In addition, Sewie has no Skykini avatar. One more thing: Sewie wearing the Tactical Uniform incorrectly shows her reload costing Strings of Life when it should be free (according to the Imgur post attached).
The Sewie default cloth thing is a WIP for
Spoiler:
Science outfit only drops from but higher level enemies and custom enemies can sometimes be an issue
Gotta fix that tactical outfit one tho
Hi New member here. I'm Liking Daina's new voice. Suits the character better. I'm appreciative of it. Will Nari get custom voice lines too Hege Cactus? My fav of the 3
cause she like Curly Brace.

Have you ever thought of making a custom La tailor girl themed Episode or Map. Hell even make a whole indie game out of it?
All characters get custom voice lines eventually
and yes I have considered both of those but dunno if I have the time for them
Hey, can i borrow your character sprites? We are working on a wad, and we need it for our character. We will give you credit if you let us use it.
Rather not, the sprites are very character specific already

You know, as much as I love this mod, I have some critiques that I'd like to see addressed:
I love all of the armors and want to use more of them, but what I find myself doing instead of switching between them constantly is just sticking to one and upgrading it. Then, if I lose it, I'll just an hero to restart instead of getting a new outfit.

I think this is down to two issues: Outfit rarity and power disparity between them. A lot of wads just don't work well with this mod, and while this can be fixed to a degree by messing with obsidian, you then lose the structure of manmade wads. But sometimes they just don't give you much if any armor to work with, so you're stuck with what you have. This is worse considering how weak you are while nude. Slaughter wads in particular are a massive pain. This also means that getting upgraded clothes (the most interesting ones IMO) can take multiple levels if either the RNG just doesn't give you the right ones or if there simply aren't many spawns in the first place. Or both.

There's also the power disparity. Once you get a really good outfit like the string bikini, using practically anything else is just a flat out downgrade. And some have gimmicks that are so bad they're not worth taking if you have anything else available. And some are simply not interesting compared to others. If you gave me the choice between the sailor outfit and the black bikini, I'm always going to pick the sailor outfit. It's just weird that with so many options, I never try out more than a few of them.
That's something you personally have to deal with
Lot of armors are for replayability and like said, RNG decides a lot. Map set dependant thing is something I can't really effect, you just gotta work with what you have
while I have lot of balance changes between outfits when I update, some outfits have their own niches and some outfits are bit better and rarer, its up to you how you play the mod.
Two other minor issues I find are 1: The coolgun sucks in like 90% of scenarios. it's almost always more efficient to use any other weapon, especially when ammo is scarce (it usually is). But that's to be expected, because cryo weapons in doom mods just universally kind of suck due to their habit of devouring ammo and causing the frozen death state. In this mod it's mostly just the ammo consumption and utility. I'll almost always use the pulse rifle or scrapper over it. Or hell, even the K9000 if I have the sailor or string bikini. The second minor issue is that while the idea of making the environment suit its own armor was novel and it's very funny, it also really breaks certain levels even in vanilla doom 2 due to those certain levels mandating the use of an environment suit powerup to not take damage through a toxic floor segment. The prime example is in the Hell On Earth Starter Pack nuclear reactor level where you have to take one of those into the reactor or you'll take enough damage to either destroy your outfit or kill you. Forced damage never feels good, and forced armor removal feels just as bad, so I'd personally rethink this considering the fact that unlike blue and green armor, the environment suit was previously a temporary powerup. Oh, and as an aside, I'd really like either a warning that the kamui destroys your current outfit or an option to toggle that feature.
Coolgun is great for not leaving corpses and some outfits make it more deadlier, guess you havent gotten good combos with it.
You can pick up the enviromental outfit and use it as a inventory item, did you not notice this?
Kamui point is fair but it has its own issues when it comes to being able to keep other outfits.

Now if I had to give any suggestions for how to fix these issues, if you think they are issues at all, I would say...
1: You could add rarity manipulation options to the mod menu. Either changing what items are replaced with what, or changing how rare certain items are. Or both. This way you could remove outfits you don't like or ones that ruin the balance. Oh, and the aforementioned kamui thing.
2: Add a function to remove your current outfit WITHOUT destroying it. This would solve both the outfit dedication issue and the environment suit issue. Probably. Either way it would definitely incentivize more experimentation with how each set modifies weapon behavior.
3: Generally just better incentivize switching outfits rather than sticking to a single one. Because the life fibers simply aren't abundant enough to sacrifice for most of the time.
4: Maybe give a slight buff to the coolgun's utility. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly, but I feel like it's lacking.
1. Eh, could be done but that sounds like an add on more like
2. That's counter productive and cannot be done as it currently is, enviromental suit issue has its fix with the temporary unit you can pack up
3. I have tried to do that but its bit hard to just figure something for it to keep it more fun
4. it will gets its niche's on future outfits
And before I forget to mention it, I have one rather serious issue that I mentioned earlier in this thread but didn't really elaborate on. The flashing effect of faster firing weapons like the upgraded pulse rifle (mostly from the string bikini) that lights up the entire sector you're in, the fact that the lightning gun projectiles can sometimes be so big that literally cover my entire screen in yellow for a split second --- both of those plus the behavior of the voidsphere produce strobing effects that can cause seizures in epileptic people and headaches in those who are merely sensitive to bright and flashing lights. And my experience has been that I can't use the weapons for very long or they cause splitting headaches. And yes, I've tried messing with the toggle in the options menu to remove "flashing", but it simply doesn't work. I don't know why, I just know it doesn't stop the strobing effect. I believe in my previous post about it I actually mentioned a way to remove those flashes and what causes them. That info isn't really useful to anyone who doesn't know how to use SLADE or another editor to directly modify the files or where to look for them.
I can try lower some of the flashings with the toggle some more but few things are bit hard to make work just like that.

No new updates just yet
But the next update will have some sound fixes and new upgradeable
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

Hege Cactus wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 am Coolgun is great for not leaving corpses and some outfits make it more deadlier, guess you havent gotten good combos with it.
You can pick up the enviromental outfit and use it as a inventory item, did you not notice this?
Kamui point is fair but it has its own issues when it comes to being able to keep other outfits.
You're right, I didn't notice that. Like, at all. I'm going to assume I have to press the use key with another outfit on while next to it, but if it's something else, please tell me. In the meantime I guess I'll just use self-imposed restrictions.
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Can you add hand model to weapon sprites, such as pistols/dual pistols in future?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Unregret wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:57 pm Can you add hand model to weapon sprites, such as pistols/dual pistols in future?
Why? That's just extra work for no reason

Update 1.88!

Download

What's new?
- Lot of bug fixes, and I mean a lot! Too many to list or remember

- New upgradable; Artic outfit! Very powerful one that super charges the ice gun to insane power level.

- Other minor fixes and tweaks, such as:
*Hazmat Lite lasts 40 secs, up from 30
*Added artic and office outfit to the patterns
*Daina's voice made louder and fixed some delays

On added note; Big shout out to DasCake for fixing one of the long time bugs; Sprite flickering
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Why? That's just extra work for no reason
Well, I feel like these small weapons are floating; thinking st must be missing while bigger one do not.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.88 stay frosty

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

"Diana's voice made louder and fixed some delays."

In a different context when reading, that just sounds funny but also scary like as if she becomes a loudspeaker singer/instrument player to headache the demons to death.
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Post by Hege Cactus »

Update 1.89

Download

What's new?
-Added plain black bikini upgrade
-Added few new Nari synergies
-Fixed some bugs
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

For me, "La Tailor Girl" is one of the most interesting gameplay mods. Glad it's still being updated.

It is a pity that it is difficult to choose a bestiary for such a fashion. No, I'm aware of the "Angelic Aviary" (A good Angelic Bestiary!) and "Stylish Hell" (A Great Hellish Bestiary!). But the last APsychicMonkey never finished! :(

It's even strange why no one decided to complete his work or even improve it? CherubCorps might have done it, but right now he's busy with his new mod, which I'm looking forward to announcing.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

By the way, is it normal that some heroines do not display clothes visually? Here I put on a Nurse's Costume on Nari, and The Skin Is Standard.

https://sun9-21.userapi.com/impg/H5ddxW ... type=album
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

LTG is a great mod, every time I play it, I discover something new. Can't wait to try out the new black bikini.

They are mods which allow you combine multiple enemy mods at once. I've seen people play LTG with AA, Stylish hell, Colorful hell, and DRLA enemies all at once. Sadly, I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Side note, I REALLY don't like Stylish Hell. I wrote a big rant about it, but decided not to post it to keep things on LTG. In general, my main gripe with SH is that it's really ugly and poorly animated.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

CherubCorps wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 pm LTG is a great mod, every time I play it, I discover something new. Can't wait to try out the new black bikini.

They are mods which allow you combine multiple enemy mods at once. I've seen people play LTG with AA, Stylish hell, Colorful hell, and DRLA enemies all at once. Sadly, I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Side note, I REALLY don't like Stylish Hell. I wrote a big rant about it, but decided not to post it to keep things on LTG. In general, my main gripe with SH is that it's really ugly and poorly animated.
Well, in terms of animation, you can find fault. And gameplay, then... It's hard to say. Depends on weapon mods. Although what to expect if the Creator abandoned his mod and disappeared? And "ugly" is a bit too much in my opinion.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Hege Cactus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:14 pm Update 1.89

Download

What's new?
-Added plain black bikini upgrade
-Added few new Nari synergies
-Fixed some bugs
What're these new synergies? (Unfortunately, I ended up dropping out of the Discord server for reasons I'd rather keep to myself.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”