[released 1.0] Batman - Rogue City

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Void Warrior

Re: [released 1.0] Batman - Rogue City

Post by Void Warrior »

I just downloaded the patched version and now everything works! Thanks! :D

Happy New Year 2023! :D
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Void Warrior wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:05 am I just downloaded the patched version and now everything works! Thanks! :D

Happy New Year 2023! :D
Glad to hear!!!! 8-) :wub:
Scorpion00
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Scorpion00 »

axredneck wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:18 pm
Scorpion00 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:11 am I was blown away by the mod's quality, even more so when I heard Gotham City Streets from the Megadrive version of Batman since I grew up around the Sega Genesis. That song is my JAM, is there a way I could get an extention of it so I can put it on my phone and head bang to it? XD
This:
https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/batman-m ... -streets-1
?
Nice, Thanks!
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

I passed this project! The answer is simple: COOL! Of course, I'm not talking about the high difficulty of passing. But I am familiar with the early works, so I will not find fault. I only have two things:

1. Killer Croc on MAP02: "Sewer" is too complicated that it is almost impossible to win. It depends more on luck (It's amazing how I honestly defeated him... :shock: );
2. I never found an Secret Exit to MAP08: "Sanctuary". I learned through SLADE that the transition should be in CITYMAP. But no matter how much I searched, I never found a way out. How do I get there at all? Not saddened by the loss, of course, but still.

And so I liked "Batman: Rogue City"! Great job! Complicated, but great. "Team RayCast", as always, pleases with high-quality projects! :D
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

This is awe-bat-some!
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Thank you guys for all the feedbacks! :)
Proydoha

Post by Proydoha »

I've played Batmod-RaycastV5.pk3 and encountered a few minor bugs.

GZDoom hard crashes during cast call when you don't dismiss Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy fast enough. My guess is that it happens because they lack an attack state.

I've encountered few rare zscript exceptions caused by grappling hook. Can't say what causes them, can't reliably replicate them. Seems like it happens more often when I spam grappling hook button.
Some of the exceptions point to Gearbox so I'm sending a copy of this screenshot to m8f but I'm sure that it is not the main reason.
Spoiler:
Most of the weapons have their tag set to "$TAG_FIST" so most of them are "Brass Knuckles" when Display Name option is turned on in GZD.

Batman Options menu has title "New Options"

Car has an icon of Doom's pistol in regular hud and Doom's clip sprite for its speed in mini hud.

It is possible to kill a hostage with tazer, gas gun projectile (not gas itself), batarang launcher, emp gun. When hostage dies it releases red cross particle.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Apologize ahead of time for bumping any chance of making an addon that has vanilla weapon drops would love to try this with various weapon mods.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”