Legion of Bones [1.05]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sotenga

Re: Legion of Bones [1.05]

Post by sotenga »

I really dig this mod a lot, it's an interesting and chaotic twist on the classic Doom enemies! However, I apologize for sounding like a badger, but have you given any thoughts to possibly altering the Cyberdemon any? I'd be interested to see what you come up with in changing them!
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Will there be compatibility for Hideous Destructor in the future?
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

EddieMann wrote:Will there be compatibility for Hideous Destructor in the future?
I doubt that, considering how much HD changes monsters.

But I did see one mod called "Universal Destructor", which apparently makes monster packs compatible with HD.
It might be worth looking into.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I'd like to suggest a cyberdemon replacement - the amalgam.

The amalgam is a huge collection of bones from countless other demons fused together into a single creature. It is weaker than the cyberdemon, but can heal itself by absorbing the remains of other demons. It is equipped with two shoulder-mounted grenade launchers and a plasma cannon which fires larger plasma balls than the plasma rifle, but at a slower rate. When killed, its remains break apart and re-form into a few skeleton imps, skeleton demons and a single slayer knight.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Just downloaded this mod today, and started a run on DooM II The Way id Did with Trailblazer, using FreeDOOM Phase 2 as .IWAD just for fun. It's pretty cool seeing enemies change from their FreeDOOM sprites into their Legion of Bones sprites that are based on id's sprites. Pretty interesting and fun monster mod in general.

But the main reason I'm here is because I have Random Deaths & Decorations and I know it has a death animation for the Pain Elemental where it doesn't explode and leaves a corpse. Would you feel up to speaking with RD&D's creators and maybe including that Pain Elemental death anim in this mod? I know PEs aren't exactly liked to begin with, and having them resurrect into an arguably more dangerous form would make already tough encounters harder; but this would allow regular PEs to appear on Double Death mode and be able to revive as their LoB version. It would make the mod feel just a bit more complete.

Apologies if anyone's posted about this before me.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

Hello, SpacemanStrife! I played with your bestiary in several wads, and I think your project is one of the most interesting mods for DOOM. But I have only one question for you: "How is the process of updating your mod progressing?" It's already 2021 in the yard, and we haven't seen the Bone Cyberdemon aka Amalgam for about 4 years. Can you at least take a screenshot of the new monster to see that you haven't abandoned your mod? I would very much like to see this bestiary finally finished.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Probably one of the Best Monster Mods i've used in a long time. Might I suggest having the option to make the resurrection time random? As in between x and y seconds determined by the user
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I love this mod and have used it in a few of my videos it goes well with spooky maps.
My latest Bones vid

It would be nice to have the option to turn off the ghost versions of demons so I can enjoy the boney ones more.
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Legion of Bones [1.02]

Post by Shatter-Thought[V-4] »

ValeriePalerie wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 pm Works like a charm with High Noon Drifter, thematically and mechanically; the extra ammoless attacks you get are kinda perfect for dealing with extra monsters in DD mode.
OOoh I LOVE THIS! That's a perfect combo! <3

That said, I really love this monster pack, it's very creative and one of the most entertaining ones you can find, giving you a nice unique challenge and feel that can push you well and make things all around more freaky.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

very cool, but tanks performance at large monster counts (500+), turning some maps into slideshow
Trashbag

Post by Trashbag »

Loving this WAD as a substitute for Nightmare. I only wish the options were a bit more robust.

I would have liked to have some more randomness in my playthrough. A set respawn timer is too easy to plan around. A random chance for enemies to revive, a variable time for them to revive within, maybe a random chance for certain enemies (maybe specifically non-respawn enemies) to spawn as normal or Boned.

I want the CHAOS.
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

Trashbag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:38 pm Loving this WAD as a substitute for Nightmare. I only wish the options were a bit more robust.

I would have liked to have some more randomness in my playthrough. A set respawn timer is too easy to plan around. A random chance for enemies to revive, a variable time for them to revive within, maybe a random chance for certain enemies (maybe specifically non-respawn enemies) to spawn as normal or Boned.

I want the CHAOS.
While I don't have everything you're wanting, I made a mod to randomize the respawn time. It does add that touch of unpredictability to it! Just a note, since all it does is randomize a CVAR every tick, if you kill more then one enemy in a single frame, they will all have the same respawn time. Either way, have at it, and do what you wish!
Attachments
som_lobrnd.pk3
(703 Bytes) Downloaded 15 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”