Hexen: Cult of Despair - A WoC campaign (New 1.4A Version!)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Colerx

Re: Hexen: Cult of Despair - A WoC campaign (New 1.4A Version!)

Post by Colerx »

Great progress as usual!!!!
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Hey, any updates? How far from release?
Muleke_Trairao
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Muleke_Trairao »

Still going? :)
SFJake

Post by SFJake »

Just wanted to pop and said I got baited in thinking this mod was finished because the version is above 1.0. And its not, I was disappointed because this mod is amazing, I'd pay for something like this on Steam in a heartbeat.

If I had any personal critique I would say:

-Your secrets are repetitive. They are pretty much all the same, a little box room with some rewards. You could have more elaborate secrets, at least just a few somewhere in the world, to spice it up.

-I was disappointed in the golden tokens, having to find these hidden things is cool but what you exchange them for are simple consumables? I generally hate consumables as unique rewards to begin with, thats a personal pet peeve, its fine for simple quests but the more elaborate the task, the more disappointing it is to be given a throwaway consumable in exchange.

I really like your dungeon design, they have a Zelda-feel to them, finding keys and culiminating into a boss fight. The levels look good and play well, overall your level designing is really good and I really hope to see the full mod eventually.

Return to “Levels”