New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
ahmadmob
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by ahmadmob »

hello! new here and this seems like a very nice community :)
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

Welcome <3 ^_^
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

Hi, my name is Patrick. I've been a frequent visitor of these forums for many years. I've had a passion for Doom for the past 30 years and have even dabbled in modding and coding.

Not only am I a fan of Doom, but I am also dedicated to fitness and health. Doom has become a sort of religion to me and my wife fully understands this passion.

I've had the pleasure of interacting with John Romero in the past, during his time at Ion Storm, and he always took the time to answer any questions I had. I even have a CD of John Romero talking in my car, so that in the event of a car accident, his voice will be the last thing I hear.

It's crazy to think back to when I was younger, and how I used to daydream about mods for Doom. Now, all of those mods have come to fruition and have even surpassed my expectations.

I've witnessed the evolution of technology firsthand, from the days of floppy disks to the advanced AI we have now. It's truly amazing to see how far computers have come.

For me, the PC is the ultimate gaming experience. There's nothing better than sitting back, relaxing with a cup of coffee and immersing yourself in a game.
CandiceJoy
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

tuintje wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm Hi, my name is Patrick. I've been a frequent visitor of these forums for many years. I've had a passion for Doom for the past 30 years and have even dabbled in modding and coding.

Not only am I a fan of Doom, but I am also dedicated to fitness and health. Doom has become a sort of religion to me and my wife fully understands this passion.

I've had the pleasure of interacting with John Romero in the past, during his time at Ion Storm, and he always took the time to answer any questions I had. I even have a CD of John Romero talking in my car, so that in the event of a car accident, his voice will be the last thing I hear.

It's crazy to think back to when I was younger, and how I used to daydream about mods for Doom. Now, all of those mods have come to fruition and have even surpassed my expectations.

I've witnessed the evolution of technology firsthand, from the days of floppy disks to the advanced AI we have now. It's truly amazing to see how far computers have come.

For me, the PC is the ultimate gaming experience. There's nothing better than sitting back, relaxing with a cup of coffee and immersing yourself in a game.
Glad you're here ^_^ <3
doubway
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by doubway »

hi all,

according to the forum rules I had to get a start from here, and I think which I am looking forward to have a bright future support from here.
Matt Eldrydge

Post by Matt Eldrydge »

Hello everyone! I'm Matt, a vtuber who has been playing a number of Doom mods for around five months now. Glad to make your acquaintance!

I've made this account to better interact with the folks who make mods, but feel free to PM me if you'd like me to check out what you're working on!

That's all I have to say, hope you all have a good day!
WildWoodsmith
Operating System Version (Optional): Pop_OS!
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by WildWoodsmith »

Yo. I'm Matt. I do woodworking (hence the username) and I love old computer games. I'd like to make my own little doom clone, so I'm here.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Matt Eldrydge wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:43 pm Hello everyone! I'm Matt, a vtuber who has been playing a number of Doom mods for around five months now.
Nice to see you on here, always enjoy watching your playthroughs. Also big thanks for doing the ArmyOfOz ones, made me want to replay Bauhaus :D .
Matt Eldrydge

Post by Matt Eldrydge »

DeeDeeOZ wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:02 pm Nice to see you on here, always enjoy watching your playthroughs. Also big thanks for doing the ArmyOfOz ones, made me want to replay Bauhaus :D .
You're welcome, I'm always glad to help! I also have something planned for Payback! :D
GamingKat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by GamingKat »

Hi, all. I had an account, but it was deactivated, so I signed up for a new account.

I have a private message to send, but the feature is locked, so I'll have to write a few more posts...
DeadHeartProductions
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Eastern North Southlandia, West Side. Formerly NeoTerraNova

Post by DeadHeartProductions »

Greetings, everyone. Formerly NeoTerraNova, here. Though, I doubt anyone remembers, I wasn't exactly super active anywhere. Anyway, my account was disabled for inactivity, so I decided to just make a new one. It's just as well. My wife passed away last year after a long illness (partly the reason for my inactivity, too), and I have fused our "production companies" together into Dead Heart Productions in her memory, so I figured a User Name change would be fine. I intend to keep modding. Perhaps in the future, I'll try to release something, if I think I've made anything of value to the community.

It's good to be back.
DeadHeartProductions
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Eastern North Southlandia, West Side. Formerly NeoTerraNova

Post by DeadHeartProductions »

[quote="Matt Eldrydge" post_id=1237792 time=1678315382 user_id=37753]
Hello everyone!
[/quote]

VTubing ain't easy. I casually follow a few, and just hearing about what they go through is nuts. I subbed to you on YT, and if you do some Live stuff, I'll try to catch it.
[name_withheld]

Post by [name_withheld] »

Hello everyone! I used to go by the name KingKill33 on Doomworld a million years ago, and released a couple 1024 maps in some compilation megawads. I recently decided to get back into making maps and thought this would be a good place to start as far as getting help with issues I've been running into with random scripting, picking up different modding ideas and tips, and generally enjoying how far DooM has managed to come in 30 years.
julmust
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by julmust »

MyHouse.wad brought me here.

I started doing idTech mods back in the 90's, which eventually landed me a job in the games industry. I haven't been involved in big mods in Doom, but in Q3 I was part of the Urban Terror crew and in Half-Life I was part of the They Hunger crew. Now I am a teacher - and I am back where it all started. Like myhouse.wad, I have an unfinished project with a friend (not dead though). I love TC's and enjoy seeing modders bend GZDOOM to new places.
AliciaPendragon
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

Ah shit, is it too late for an introduction? Well fuck it. Gonna introduce myself anyways

Hello there! I'm Alicia, she/her, trans, all that jazz. I actually started my Doom Journey with Doom 3 BFG Edition way back on the PS3. Good compilation, and seeing videos of Seregant Mark IV's Brutal Doom as well. I hunted down some IWAD copys of Doom 2 and Plutonia, downloaded ZDoom on my Mac and the rest was history. Started off with Brutal Doom before beginning to expand my repritoire of mods, especially as I heard about them be it from IcarusLives, Twitter, whatever. It helped develop my love for Boomer Shooters and my extremel love for Doom.

As my pfp indicates, I am also a huge fan of the Touhou Project(Matter of fact it was Untitled's Touhou Doom that got me into it so without Doom I would never have been into Touhou probably) as well as Fate, if the Pendragon is any indication

Nice to meet everyone!
Last edited by AliciaPendragon on Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”