GZDoom 4.10.0 released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

HorseJockey
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: GZDoom 4.10.0 released

Post by HorseJockey »

Marisa the Magician wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:22 pm Actually it's Frame 0000 A 0 "name:frame"
Thanks Marisa, appreciate it.
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

Make the new scaled angle changes at frame rate opt-in behind new flag `SPF_SCALEDNOLERP`.
Could you please explain, how to use this and what exactly this mean? As I understand, I should give actor in decorate or zscript definition a flag +SPF_SCALEDNOLERP, so this actor will rotate with more than 35 fps framerate?
mjr4077au
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mjr4077au »

theleo_ua wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 am
Make the new scaled angle changes at frame rate opt-in behind new flag `SPF_SCALEDNOLERP`.
Could you please explain, how to use this and what exactly this mean? As I understand, I should give actor in decorate or zscript definition a flag +SPF_SCALEDNOLERP, so this actor will rotate with more than 35 fps framerate?
If you're calling SetPitch/SetAngle/SetRoll against an actor and (currently) are only doing it once per tic, using this flag will scale the adjustment you request within the renderer without forcing the engine into full interpolation mode for that tic. When the entire tic is interpolating, instead of having your mouse polled at 144 fps or whatever you might be capping the fps at, it polls at 35 fps which can be noticable to those sensitive to input lag.

I will be submitting a change to the underlying implementation so that it doesn't matter if you change an actor's pitch/yaw/roll multiple times within a tic, but it still needs to be behind this new flag because there's mods out there doing very weird shit that can't be grandfathered in.

This is similar to how Raze does input adjustments. The only time synchronised input is ever forced upon a player in Raze is when mouse input is to be locked by the game, or you're using one of Shadow Warrior's sector object vehicles, such as the boat or tank (but I will be looking at those at some point in the future).
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

A heartfelt thanks as always to the entire team for pushing a new entry of GZ into the realm. :)
Deybar_TECH
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Deybar_TECH »

Quaternion support + A_ChangeModel

this is very interesting.........
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I'm not sure where to post this, but I need help. Deleting the GZdoom saves in the documents folder doesn't actually get rid of them, when I open the app.
mjr4077au
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mjr4077au »

Bobby wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:06 pm I'm not sure where to post this, but I need help. Deleting the GZdoom saves in the documents folder doesn't actually get rid of them, when I open the app.
viewforum.php?f=50
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

ARM64 build was redone from scratch, with an updated version of ZMusic and libjpeg-turbo.
Youda0008

Post by Youda0008 »

I didn't know in which forum category i should ask this, so i'm asking here.

Can you please tell me, in which version GZDoom changed the base directory for the -loadgame parameter? I noticed that in old versions -loadgame expected path relative to the current working directory, but in this newest version it expects a path relative to the -savedir parameter, or the default data directory which is "Saved Games\GZDoom\IWAD name", but i haven't found out where exactly this change happened.
I only found that in 4.9 the config directory and data directory changed, but i'm not sure if the -loadgame base dir was part of it or not.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”