Welcome to Break Point, a 9-map Doom II UDMF episode featuring colorful 3D environments from some of the best and brightest of modern GZDoom mappers.
This idea for this set was originally conjured up as an experiment for myself to see if I could stop mapping with marble for a minute and make a techbase. Along the way, I picked up jazzmaster9, Guardsoul, Remmirath, and Velvetic, and we came together to make an episode that I hope will please players of a wide range of play styles and tastes.
IDGAMES FILE: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... breakpoint
BACKUP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jl64JE ... sp=sharing
- Please use GZDoom 4.8 series for this- newer/older versions are untested and may crash or have unintended side effects.
- Supercharge 2.9 is included in this PK3. Loading other mods on top may have unintended side effects or crashes.
- Maps are tested both in continuous and pistol start. Supercharge has a pistol start feature you can use for ease of pistol-starting each map.
- Please play in Vulkan mode, or hardware mode if your hardware does not support Vulkan. You may need a beefier computer to play this as maps take full advantage of current GZDoom/UDMF options.
- Please have dynamic lights and brightmaps enabled for best visual effects.
- To my fellow mappers! This would have been a lesser quality project without your expertise and guidance. Big thanks to Remmirath who did much of the graphical gussying-up.
- To my playtesters: Bridgeburner56, Insane_Gazebo, ginc, ProverbialGamer, Ennello, Pegleg, Biodegradable, notTyrone, Numnzel, and if I forgot you I apologize!
- To Jimmy for his bespoke track for the secret map.
- To ukiro for OTEX.
- To Tango for Supercharge. It is my favorite mod to work with and has enhanced gameplay experience tremendously for this set.
- To anyone and everyone who plays this set, leaves feedback, etc.