Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
june gloom
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Ashes Afterglow TC - quick update page 111

Post by june gloom »

Out of boredom, and because I like to do little things to make Ashes feel more like its own game and not just a Doom mod, I made custom ENDOOM screens for both episodes in jval's ENDEDIT tool. Get them here.

edit: here's some screenshots
Spoiler: screenshots
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

Merry Irradiated Xmas to y'all.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

If you want weight and whatnot, you can try Hideous Destructor gameplay mod, there's even a short Ashes mapset for it.
june gloom
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by june gloom »

doomduck wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:31 am
Plasmazippo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:07 am Sounds good. Did you post it in the Nashmove thread already?
I didn't. I'll assume it's fine to post it here. Here you go.
One is for Ashes 2063 Enriched and the other is for Afterglow.
You should know that this has actually broken jumps for Afterglow (I didn't try the 2063 version.) Are you sure this thing disables itself when you get on the bike?
doomduck

Post by doomduck »

june gloom wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:55 pm You should know that this has actually broken jumps for Afterglow (I didn't try the 2063 version.) Are you sure this thing disables itself when you get on the bike?
It seems to work 90% of the time but then in some instances it just stops working for some reason, and I really not sure what causes that...

I recently did a full playthrough of Afterglow with the mod and it never stopped working for me, but I also remember that some time ago, I played through 2063 and it did stop working in the Highway Holocaust level, leaving me with no way to progress without cheating.

Again, I'm not sure what could be causing this. I'll have a look at the code and see if there's any way to fix that. Unfortunately, if you wanna progress with the mod in it's current state and it has stopped working, you're gonna have to noclip. Sorry about that. :(
Ihavequestions
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ihavequestions »

doomduck wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:14 amI recently did a full playthrough of Afterglow with the mod and it never stopped working for me, but I also remember that some time ago, I played through 2063 and it did stop working in the Highway Holocaust level, leaving me with no way to progress without cheating.
Can you check for the game EXE versions you were using, respectively? (FYI, the still-current standalone version is g4.7.1.)
doomduck

Post by doomduck »

Ihavequestions wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:37 pm Can you check for the game EXE versions you were using, respectively? (FYI, the still-current standalone version is g4.7.1.)
If I recall correctly, I was actually using LZDoom at the time. It could be related to that.
Ihavequestions

Post by Ihavequestions »

Well, that may be related, although I can't recall if I've ever used Nashmove with LZDoom in Ashes. I remember reporting graphical glitches in Ashes on LZDoom which had been subsequently fixed.

Anyway, I've been a bit busy recently but will try out your mod in the next few days, and report my findings.
MonoculusRift

Post by MonoculusRift »

Serathis wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:58 am If you want weight and whatnot, you can try Hideous Destructor gameplay mod, there's even a short Ashes mapset for it.
Are you talking about SpecOps's "Hideous Remaster"?
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

MonoculusRift wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:25 pm
Serathis wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:58 am If you want weight and whatnot, you can try Hideous Destructor gameplay mod, there's even a short Ashes mapset for it.
Are you talking about SpecOps's "Hideous Remaster"?
yes
Ihavequestions

Post by Ihavequestions »

doomduck wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:56 pm[...]
It seems to me that your mod deactivetes itself fully once you mount the bike, and does not reactivate itself after dismounting. Only if you change maps not riding the bike, it will come into effect again. It also seems to have a higher player speed.
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

That's likely because, as far as I understand the DECORATE code, Scav on foot is a different player entity than Scav on a bike. Not sure how much this could help, but feels worth mentioning.
vovando

Re: (Enriched Update) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by vovando »

Vostyok wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:13 am @Kasprc0rp - there are 5 potential spores you can find in dome, you only need 1 to progress the quest. If you have sold them all, open console and type 'give questspores'. I'm currently fixing this quest with alternate solutions.

@Rex705 I have actually been discretely watching your playthrough and it has been quite interesting. Especially that gorgeous shader. Thinking of giving the Mac10 lantern usage, but tbh, I try not to drop you in the dark with the worst stuff if I can help it.
Hi @Vostyok, I only registered to submit a bug report (I do believe it actually is a quest-breaking bug/oversight) for this quest in the current Ashes: Stand Alone Version 1.03 (from moddb.com/mods/ashes-2063/downloads). I almost went insane and spent several hours questioning everyone on every map, going through tunnels, trying all kinds of combinations in quest taking between Baron and the Raiders boss until I decided to google it and behold — found your reply. This basically means that I was missing a quest item in the form of the spores. The same spores which I collected 5 of and unknowingly sold ALL of them before deciding to check out Raiders for the first time. So basically I'm both happy and very frustrated right now... I think this quest needs a serious rework, because raiders boss says "talk to locals/keep your eyes peeled" and nothing in any of interactions with him or anywhere along the line do spores come up in the slightest. If anything he even sounds concerned about the people and the situation so I thought this was where the quest was heading — to convince people to rebel against the elite and not what it turned out to be. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Anyway, I propose to at least disallow player to sell more than 3 spores. At least. Still, it's not great for players who missed the other two by accident, but it's a start.

I'd also like to note that there's a typo in the last conversation with Athena: "...it is designed to sterilize and area and prevent future occupation..." the first and being in place of a "an".

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, please let me know and I'll try to look for any available dev contacts to submit this report.
Last edited by vovando on Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

If anything, I think the spores should be respawnable upon entering the botanical gardens after going through it once. You can set a trigger on a linedef or sector using ACS or ZScript to that effect.
Ihavequestions

Post by Ihavequestions »

Trying the 32-bit build of GZDoom (4.7.1) on my old PC build from 2011, I also tried the Ashes Biodome, since it's a very demanding map, and got these artifacts where you can see through walls from within the traincar but not when you step outside at either terminus.

Has anyone else observed such?
green.jpg
lights.jpg

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”