[UPDATED] Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.6

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hakrosinteractive
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [UPDATED] Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.6

Post by hakrosinteractive »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:After a really annoying bug with Doom Runner thats been there for a year or so, I've been looking for another launcher and I do like the sound of this one. The only thing I can't stand, similar to the Doom Launcher called "Doom Launcher," it seems to me like if you want to add a bunch of mods/wads you have on your PC, you have to do so one at a time. It gets really annoying and tedious for someone like me who has 34.9 GB of mods and maps.

I do want to like this one. I just personally don't want to deal with all the work it takes to import all my mods right now. I get that this has a big focus on downloading mods via the launcher, but a lot of the time I imagine a mod will either not be available in the launcher for download yet, or will be outdated.

EDIT: I also haven't found a way to use command line arguments, which is a deal breaker since I use separate save folders and configs.
Hi, I'm sorry it take too much time to answer you.

It is very simple if you want to add multiple elements at once, you just have to do it through the windows explorer.

Take a look at the folder structure and copy the contents to the program's data folder.

The program will scan the folders directly and add correct files.

However, I recommend copying the contents, not moving them, because in the current version the program restructures the data when it is opened and this would modify your current structure.

I am trying to fix it in the next version.

Greetings and thanks for use my program.
hakrosinteractive

Red Helix wrote:
mamaluigisbagel wrote:After a really annoying bug with Doom Runner thats been there for a year or so, I've been looking for another launcher and I do like the sound of this one. The only thing I can't stand, similar to the Doom Launcher called "Doom Launcher," it seems to me like if you want to add a bunch of mods/wads you have on your PC, you have to do so one at a time. It gets really annoying and tedious for someone like me who has 34.9 GB of mods and maps.
I was having this problem with doom runner, but I realized yesterday I can just open up an explorer window, shift click and drag and drop all at once into the mods folder. Try it out, it might not be what you're after but it works p well.
Just that.
LoreCannon

Post by LoreCannon »

I think this is so close to being a one-stop solution for a lot of new doom players out there - with one catch, its currently not possible to select more than one item at a time to download from the content explorer. Being able to select all the maps, for example, would go a long ways to building large content libraries for players quickly. That'd be my only major addition at the moment Hakros.
hakrosinteractive

LoreCannon wrote:I think this is so close to being a one-stop solution for a lot of new doom players out there - with one catch, its currently not possible to select more than one item at a time to download from the content explorer. Being able to select all the maps, for example, would go a long ways to building large content libraries for players quickly. That'd be my only major addition at the moment Hakros.
Thanks for your suggestion but that option is limited precisely by the capacity of the server.
Keep in mind that it is a service that I must pay on my own since the contributions are rather zero.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

If you want to put up a Patreon page or something to help cover server costs that is fine.

Just please remember not to paywall any content that is not your own. (Paywalling special launcher features, or early releases, is fine, however - or even other perks like Discord roles and private channels)
hakrosinteractive

Rachael wrote:If you want to put up a Patreon page or something to help cover server costs that is fine.

Just please remember not to paywall any content that is not your own. (Paywalling special launcher features, or early releases, is fine, however - or even other perks like Discord roles and private channels)
Yes, of course I had no intention of charging for the program precisely because the contents do not belong to me.
While it's true that for the maintenance of the server it is a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion :-D!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Understandable. But you should not feel alone footing the server bill if the costs ever get out of control for you.

I like the concept of this, it's kind of like doing a Doom distro, you even get a package manager.
hakrosinteractive

Rachael wrote:Understandable. But you should not feel alone footing the server bill if the costs ever get out of control for you.
I like the concept of this, it's kind of like doing a Doom distro, you even get a package manager.
Thanks, that was my intention.

Create a repository with the best contents from doom's community and that at the same time was attractive and easy to use for anyone who wants to discover these fantastic projects.

:mrgreen:
macius

Post by macius »

Cool launcher, congrats!!

But, can you add an option to load different INI config files to different gameplay mods/presets? If i not wrong, the loaded ini is the same for all presets, wich is not very convenient.

Thanks for your work!
hakrosinteractive

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll check it out for next release !!
gayzad

Post by gayzad »

this looks epic, gonna check it out
hakrosinteractive

gayzad wrote:this looks epic, gonna check it out
Thanks, I'll hope you like it :) !!
WiredNet

Post by WiredNet »

I'm trying to add a new map wad through the content manager, but it says I must select a category. But there are no categories to choose from.
hakrosinteractive

WiredNet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:37 am I'm trying to add a new map wad through the content manager, but it says I must select a category. But there are no categories to choose from.
Sorry for the late answer, you can type any word to create a category

Return to “Launchers”