Inferno Suture - Burn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LossForWords

Inferno Suture - Burn

Post by LossForWords »

The year is 2050.
Experiments with advanced dimensional warping has created deep fissures in our reality, causing monstrosities from parallel dimensions to bleed through ours.
You are Jack "Brute" Hughes, one of many mercenaries tasked with locating the epicenter of these dimensional wounds, sealing them permanently and destroying anything that comes out of it, codenamed "Inferno Suture".
Spoiler: Weapons:
Spoiler: Screenshots:
Spoiler: Videos:
Download Here
Last edited by LossForWords on Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vista_Owner

Re: Inferno Suture - Burn

Post by Vista_Owner »

Your trailer fits the name

A loss for word
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Fun Mod. The Sprite Work Is fantastic and smooth,while also giving a "futuristic" and scavenger" vibe to the weapons. Few things i noticed:The sprite for crouching sprite switches to a different one and when picking up the stealth suit power-up the firing sound for the weapons gets lower,almost quiet.Will see what else i find :D
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

I'm aware of the crouching error, i'm waiting on those sprites, however, the stealth suit's effect is intentional, since non-explosive weapons are completely silenced.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes!

Congratulations friend! I was glad i could have a go at this mod, the work here is outstanding as usual.
I'll give this a go again whenever possible.
=)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive, polished and badass weapon mod overall! Nice usage of heavy metal, post-apocalyptic breadbagfly's weapon sprites. They fit the mod so much!! And maybe it's because of shotguns but i feel i'm spending a lot of ammo than usual. Feels like it's intentional because you're so much powerful to mow baddies down with such new weapons. I found it unique and also amusing to play.

And there's one more extra detail i found impressive. That's the Stealth Suit being able to muffle your weapons' firing sound. Outstanding job with that!
Spoiler: One weird looking Feedback has arrived from the another dimension!
And that's about it! I like this mod already and it's happy to see bread's sprites in action, too. Excellent work!!

Spoiler: And lastly
Yokoreta
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Yokoreta »

Damn, that plasma rifle felt awesome to use I love it
Maybe adding a death screen like your previous mods?
tei tenga

Post by tei tenga »

this rules. so much style
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

I'm really enjoying this so far! The consistent art direction with the weapon sprites and punchy feedback is fantastic. I will say the current trailer almost does it a disservice though and might be worth editing another one to truly showcase the mod. Great work regardless!
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Updated the thread with a couple of vídeos.
Definitively recommend checking those out, especially this playthrough:
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Captain J wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:32 am
- Amputator goes nuts when it launches a sawblade and i love it so much! However, wish i could stack up sawblades because it's hard to retrieve a launched blade after it flies out of the map. And no, picking up a Backpack doesn't help.

Noted, raised ammo cap to 5.

- GAT-38 Pistol ejects 3 casings after doing the secondary fire. Maybe that's canon like that's how it works, but it still spawns the wrong amount of casings if you fire just one or two shots.

Yes, that's how the altfire works, it compresses three bullets into a single ricocheting projectile.

- EBS PDW can be quite tedious to kill a horde of enemies because of this welder heat cooling aspect. I admit that it's totally clever, but it would be nice if it cools off itself slowly.

I don't wanna add a cooldown, that would make the laser too situational, but i do wanna rework how the PDW's overheat state works.

- NCL launcher IS powerful, but crowd control wise? Well, the splash damage is not effective enough to clean a group of baddies.

Noted. Will play around with the blast radius.

Also it fires Nitricetylene Canisters. What's Nitricetylene, btw? Dangerous version of Nitroglycerin?

Nitricetylene is a highly combustible orange paste used in demoliition sites, as it's cheaper, easier to produce, more versatile and more powerful than dynamite.
NCL can be used in small doses to blow the locks and hinges off a door as much as it can be used in high ammounts to bring down buildings.

- Explosive Barrels in this mod explodes right after they take damage. In fact, it's way too immediate it would softlock the game if you aren't lucky in some maps like Barrels o' Fun.

Noted. Thanks for the feedback.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Update.

Raised the health of the barrels, increased the blast radius of the NCL Launcher, raised the saw blade cap to 5, and changed the overheated SMG's firemode into a less accurate, but more powerful 3-round burst.
Randomguy7
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randomguy7 »

what's the mapset you're playing on in the trailer?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

First one is Dimension of the Boomed, second one, i dunno. Scythe X, maybe?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

LossForWords wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:26 pm I'm aware of the crouching error, i'm waiting on those sprites, however, the stealth suit's effect is intentional, since non-explosive weapons are completely silenced.
Crouch sprites added.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”