OBSIDIAN - A continuation of Oblige/ObAddon [Beta 19]

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dasho

Re: OBSIDIAN - A continuation of Oblige/ObAddon [Beta 19]

Post by dasho »

I can't seem to reproduce your error with the skyboxes; I am able to successfully use the mod in your link with a generated map that has both the Sky Generator and 3D Skybox settings disabled. It works whether I put the skybox mod first or second in the load order.
roundtree
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by roundtree »

Oh geez... (plants face in hand) That means its definitely something in my autoload then (or maybe gzdoom settings). I'll let you know as soon as I find out what it is. Thank you for checking also.
dasho

Post by dasho »

Well, if you can get it to happen and have ruled out everything else, please open a Github Issue with the LOGS.txt from the run or post it here. That will ensure that I'm using the exact same settings at least.
roundtree

Post by roundtree »

I am still having the issue but have generated a fresh logs.txt file. I was going to do this yesterday but was stuck in zombie mode (4 days with no sleep). I play doom a lot when that happens. But I just tried to load a megawad generated with Obsidian with the doom1&2hdskies.pk3 file loaded after it in the mod list (using zdl v3-11 (but it says 3.2.2.3-lcferrum under version) on linux. I will attach this file but I have been playing with the skybox generator a lot, and I like it. Its cool how you can change the types of skies it uses. Sorry but I had to zip the log file. It was too large. If you need me to use standard zip format, I will reupload.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dasho

Post by dasho »

Perfect; I was able to recreate it with the logs. Please try this fix by placing the attached file into the /modules directory and overwriting what is already there (after extracting of course).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roundtree

Post by roundtree »

I tested the fix you made and it works absolutely flawless. I just wanted to say thank you very much! You know what when I tested it I turned off the skybox generator but turned on the 3D skybox and it still worked. Because I finally turned on the 3d skybox generator and tested it the other day and I was like wow! I can't believe I haven't always been using it.
roundtree

Post by roundtree »

My curiosity is killing me... I love the prefabs Obsidian places in the maps, but this one in particular is very interesting. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a legit way to get this open (not by using idclip). Don't tell me how to do it. I know there is a keycard in the back, but I want to get those guns and ammo!
dasho

Post by dasho »

As far as I know, the "gun shop" fabs are all decorative in nature to complement the flat "gun wall" textures that are usually present near them.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

It's a shame, too, seeing all that firepower just begging to be grabbed...

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”