Walpurgis 0.99 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eharper256

Re: Walpurgis 0.97 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!]

Post by eharper256 »

prossnip42 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:29 am While playing Elementalism there's just a bunch of exclamation marks everywhere. What's your load order for this exactly?
Load Elementalism Phase1 Full Release 1.3, THEN Walpurgis afterwards, and then the Walpurgis+Elementalism Patch after that.

Obviously with a Doom2 iwad or a Wadsmoosh.

As a general rule of thumb, load Walp last always, after levels. This is actually the case with all gameplay mods as nearly always they need to intercept a map's spawners to run correctly.

The only exception to the always last rule is for any hi-res texture mods you use.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

start .\Gzdoom.exe -file Element.pk3 Epatch.pk3 walpurg.pk3

I made a .BAT of this and ran with doom2 iwad and it just loads up doom2 maps. am i doing this wrong?
I did rename these for ease of making said batch.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Crudux Cruo wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:48 pm start .\Gzdoom.exe -file Element.pk3 Epatch.pk3 walpurg.pk3

I made a .BAT of this and ran with doom2 iwad and it just loads up doom2 maps. am i doing this wrong?
I did rename these for ease of making said batch.
I wouldn't know about using a batch file these days, not used them since the old DOS days haha. Make sure you load the patch AFTER both Elementalism and Walpurgis or else it will have no effect (it is patching both my pk3 and elem's pk3). If you've ever done something like Skyrim modding with MO2, its a similar process; the thing at the bottom of the order takes priority.

For sorting load order correctly, I'd always recommend directly editing your gzdoom_(user).ini or gzdoom_portable.ini in your GZ directory (depending on version).

For example, my loadorder for Elementalism is currently this:

Or use an launcher program if you hate editing text files.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Brand new 2022 Trailer!

The old one was getting a bit out of date (it was originally for 0.92 which seems an age ago!) so it was time I refreshed it. Hope you like it! :)
PresBarackbar

Re: Walpurgis 0.97 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW TRAILER!]

Post by PresBarackbar »

For some reason I also can't get the Elementalism patch to work. Im loading it exactly like you described and it just dumps me into MAP01.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

PresBarackbar wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:14 am For some reason I also can't get the Elementalism patch to work. Im loading it exactly like you described and it just dumps me into MAP01.
Bleh, done some checking myself. It ~did~ work fine with the Doom2 iwad, but then apparently adding in the Wadsmoosh support has partly messed up iwad support (HOW!) :shock: .

You can still play fine by starting MAP01 with character of choice as normal and typing

Code: Select all

map hub
into the console. Just for some reason the mapinfo is just refusing to work to redirect you automatically now.

I'll see if I can understand why it's melted like this; some quick tests were not able to resolve it.

It still works fine with a Wadsmoosh too.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

Thanks, can confirm it works by warping to the hub map!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

PresBarackbar wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:09 pm Thanks, can confirm it works by warping to the hub map!
No problem. My suspicion is that its somehow competing with Walp 0.97's new Doom II intermission screens but the behaviour is not consistent. I'm honestly baffled by this after two hours of trying different things that are all ignored, and have asked about it in the help forum to see if anyone else has any ideas. :?
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Just spent the last 5 days in Hospital. Campylobacteriosis is no joke :stuppor: when you're immunosuppressed like I am. Strangely enough, this means no Walp work has been done for awhile and I think I still need more recovery time. Even so, I hope you're all enjoying 0.97 as it stands.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

eharper256 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:57 pm Just spent the last 5 days in Hospital. Campylobacteriosis is no joke :stuppor: when you're immunosuppressed like I am. Strangely enough, this means no Walp work has been done for awhile and I think I still need more recovery time. Even so, I hope you're all enjoying 0.97 as it stands.
Holy cow dude, I hope you're on the mend! I've been really enjoying the latest update.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

PresBarackbar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:17 pm
eharper256 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:57 pm Just spent the last 5 days in Hospital. Campylobacteriosis is no joke :stuppor: when you're immunosuppressed like I am. Strangely enough, this means no Walp work has been done for awhile and I think I still need more recovery time. Even so, I hope you're all enjoying 0.97 as it stands.
Holy cow dude, I hope you're on the mend! I've been really enjoying the latest update.
Thanks; it was not a good experience, but several powerful antibiotics later and at least I'm not longer having to run to the toilet 3 times an hour. :shock:
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

New video!

Been a while since I've done a Heretic map again, so here we are. This is a single large map called "The Great Hall" by thebiomage. Very pretty map with lots of cool detailing; really making good use of those stock textures, and with a chunk of interesting encounter setups as well.

I set myself up for hell apparently in the secret area; which was an optional super-hard set of waves, the final one of which killed me 10 times (you only see the first death in the video, I cropped out the others with a subtitle explaining it, and eventually just god-moded that small specific section since I couldn't escape this either).

This video was also apparently cursed and made Vegas kill my system twice whilst attempting to render it, so I had to slap together pieces in AviDemux instead. Fun times.

You can get this map here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/132553
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Big thanks to UnknDoomer for covering Walp as the Druid with Penumbra and Myrmidon in Shadows of Chronos, some of those rare good Hexen megawads:

Check out their thread here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/132248
RedClairefield

Post by RedClairefield »

The Dragon's Cane secondary fire is dizzying to use, I'd rather prefer if it didn't violently shake my camera up and down.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

RedClairefield wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:06 pm The Dragon's Cane secondary fire is dizzying to use, I'd rather prefer if it didn't violently shake my camera up and down.
Yep, this has already been raised as recent feedback and will be added for 0.98. :)

Camera suppression already exists for the Hammer's similar camera thing in the options menu if you want to use that (the "Stop, Not Hammertime!" option), but when I added that way back at request, the Druid didn't exist yet (lol).

If you're up for a minor bit of code alteration yourself in SLADE; you can go to line 116 (GeyserSlam2 section) in Actors/DruidDagon.txt and delete all the references to A_SetPitch(pitch+8,SPF_INTERPOLATE); or A_SetPitch(pitch-8,SPF_INTERPOLATE); between 116 and 128 as a stopgap measure. Be careful not to remove or fiddle with any other surrounding brackets (delete ONLY that specific text, including from the "A_" up to the final semicolon if there is one), and you should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestion though, and hope you're otherwise enjoying the mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”