Dragon Sector (Remake) Mapset

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Daryn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Professional X64
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dragon Sector (Remake) Mapset

Post by Daryn »

We've just released version 0.43 of the mod. You can find it here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... 3-released

We've fixed a few things based on feedback we've gotten here. While we're not tying our mod to Project Brutality, we are designing around it, since that's what we enjoy playing. For this release, though, we removed the need for Double Jump to reach 100% secrets in Map 3 and fixed a progression problem in Map 4.

I've also starting improving that security hardware, and implemented an alert system so you can tell how far along it is from turning on you. I've also added a cooldown timer, so that if you don't hit the security hardware, its alert level will go down. This should make them a lot more forgiving to use, but still a threat if you aren't careful.

Thanks! We hope you enjoy the fixes. More to come as we have time.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

thank you, playing though 0.43 and its great so far
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

Just wanted to drop a note here to let everyone know we've released 0.50 of Dragon Sector. Be sure to read the notes on this release. The biggest change in thie version is the debut of our fifth map, the Nuclear Station, which draws inspiration from E1M1.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... 0-released

We're still hard at work on it, but we're pleased with what we've been able to do so far.

Hope you all enjoy it!
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

May want to put a disclaimer that it's not entirely compatible with GZD 4.10.0. The game boots up just fine, but freezes during screen melt transition into the level (with or without mods). Oddly enough, loading the relighting mod somehow bypasses this issue..no idea as to why though.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

BROS_ETT_311 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:45 pm May want to put a disclaimer that it's not entirely compatible with GZD 4.10.0. The game boots up just fine, but freezes during screen melt transition into the level (with or without mods). Oddly enough, loading the relighting mod somehow bypasses this issue..no idea as to why though.
Yeah, we did mention the crash. I've just done a full check of all the maps on 4.10 and they all work. Just for whatever reason, trying to start a game doesn't. The solution we found was to load into the map directly.

Right now, I'm preparing the 0.51 pk3, and testing that. I am able to start up the game without crashing.

EDIT: The crash seems to be related to skill 4 or above. Below that it loads fine. I'll have to add that to my report.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

And here is version 0.51.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... 51-out-now

As is mentioned in the news post, there is a crash with 4.9/10 if you start the game from the menu. The latest details on this are that the Skill level being 4 or higher is part of it. This crash also only seems to happen on Windows, as Marisa wasn't able to get the crash on Linux on any skill level. we're keeping an eye on it, and if they need anything from me, I'll bend over backwards and forwards to help.

The full pack we release is bundles with 4.7.1 which doesn't have this issue.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Daryn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 pm And here is version 0.51.

As is mentioned in the news post, there is a crash with 4.9/10 if you start the game from the menu. The latest details on this are that the Skill level being 4 or higher is part of it. This crash also only seems to happen on Windows, as Marisa wasn't able to get the crash on Linux on any skill level. we're keeping an eye on it, and if they need anything from me, I'll bend over backwards and forwards to help.

Ah my mistake! Hadn't realized the crash was mentioned on the moddb page, but glad to know it's on everyone's radar. :)
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

The new version causes a hang on starting a new game on my system (using gzdoom-x64-g4.11pre-76-g4c0b5cbb3).
I found that changing the "Screen Wipe Style" setting in the display option to NOT "Melt" works for me.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

NovaRain wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm The new version causes a hang on starting a new game on my system (using gzdoom-x64-g4.11pre-76-g4c0b5cbb3).
I found that changing the "Screen Wipe Style" setting in the display option to NOT "Melt" works for me.
Interesting. Melt is the default, but I wonder why it only crashes on new game. Level to level is fine. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try this out.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

BROS_ETT_311 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:16 pm
Daryn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 pm And here is version 0.51.

Ah my mistake! Hadn't realized the crash was mentioned on the moddb page, but glad to know it's on everyone's radar. :)
Yep. I spent a good bit of time trying to figure it out, but it seems to be specific to Windows so far that we can see. I'm very pleased for the feedback, though. Shows we're not the only ones running into it.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

We're back with the release of 0.52. For this release we're now requiring 4.10 for scripting purposes, but we recommend the 4.11 dev builds to be able to run the maps without crashing at startup.

As always, we thank you all for all of the help and all of the support you've all given us. I hope you'll enjoy what we're putting out, and we can't wait to show you the next map!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... 52-is-here
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

Hello!

Back again with a new update to Dragon Sector. For this version, we're making 4.11 a requirement. Since the crash bug is fixed in the Devbuilds, may as well just move ahead.

There are a number of fixes in this version. You can get it, and read more about it, here.

https://www.moddb.com/news/version-053-is-now-available
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

We've just updated Dragon Sector to 0.54. There's a good many fixes to all of the maps. Hopefully, you give it a shot. We're working hard on it, but Map 6 is not yet ready to be shown. For now, we just had to get these fixes we've been accumulating out.

Enjoy!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... o-download
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

It's been a little over a month since our last update, but it's time we let the cat out of the bag with this new release!

Map 6 of Dragon Sector, called Facilities Support is now released! Version 0.60 brings with it a number of fixes and additions, so be sure to give the log a read through. The Mod is available here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-secto ... ticlesform

Thank you all for the support, and the help. We genuinely appreciate it!
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

For some reason it seems security drones and turrets cannot damage (or kill) the end boss of map06, I watched it being spammed by their plasma balls over 5 mins but it behaves like nothing happen.

Return to “Levels”