DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

Armage

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA Extended build]

Post by Armage »

Oh, ok, really thanks! So i will keep 1 for danger level.

And what is the changes of the 10/10/2022 build of DoomRPG?
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 pm Oh, ok, really thanks! So i will keep 1 for danger level.

- compatibility patch updates (example: new version Corruption Cards);
- minor bug fixes;
- minor balance changes.
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:48 pm
Armage wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 pm Oh, ok, really thanks! So i will keep 1 for danger level.

- compatibility patch updates (example: new version Corruption Cards);
- minor bug fixes;
- minor balance changes.
Nice, thanks!

What is absolute monster limit? I see this in difficulty settings. I don't know too what is room or floor constraint for monsters spawns.

And i liked the option to expand monsters from 100% to 200% amount limit per map and the option to not follow the map spawner, so if i understand right (correct me if i'm wrong) an Mancubus can spawn instead Cacodemon, for example.

And i'm here to report a bug (i don't try this new version). I'm using a version of 25/09/2022.

The find secrets quest is not completing. I completed in the first time in the first level, but when i try repeat the same level to grind find secrets, not working anymore.

Before, in previous updates, anytime i complete an find secret quest, i can repeat in the same level. I don't know if this is a change and is intentional, or an bug.

Thanks for your attention.
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

Nice, thanks!

What is absolute monster limit? I see this in difficulty settings. I don't know too what is room or floor constraint for monsters spawns.

And i liked the option to expand monsters from 100% to 200% amount limit per map and the option to not follow the map spawner, so if i understand right (correct me if i'm wrong) an Mancubus can spawn instead Cacodemon, for example.

And i'm here to report a bug (i don't try this new version). I'm using a version of 25/09/2022.

The find secrets quest is not completing. I completed in the first time in the first level, but when i try repeat the same level to grind find secrets, not working anymore.

Before, in previous updates, anytime i complete an find secret quest, i can repeat in the same level. I don't know if this is a change and is intentional, or an bug.

The find secrets mission only accounts unique secrets. If you revealed one, it's no longer unique; thus it no longer applies towards the mission, so you need to visit new levels with unrevealed secrets to complete it. You better turn game tips on load on, since it displays a lot of those explanations on DoomRPG's mechanics. It's in the configuration menu for DoomRPG somewhere.
Armage

Post by Armage »

CzudakCzudak wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:19 am
Nice, thanks!

The find secrets mission only accounts unique secrets. If you revealed one, it's no longer unique; thus it no longer applies towards the mission, so you need to visit new levels with unrevealed secrets to complete it. You better turn game tips on load on, since it displays a lot of those explanations on DoomRPG's mechanics. It's in the configuration menu for DoomRPG somewhere.
Oh, ok, thanks!

Anyway, i already have this tip option on.
Armage

Post by Armage »

And one more thing, about pick items in a level, works normal. I can repeat anytime in the same level and continue to pick items and complete this quest.

I don't see another pages to select quests, like before. Only have 1 page available. In another updates have more than one page to select quests.

And an bug i see, maybe on my own machine here, is phase device item icon disappeared on shop. Only appears an "a".

Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

Astonishing rebalance, I'm loving it
A few things I noticed: for some reasons I can't store nor sell extra lives (I don't like them, so I wish I could at least sell those)
Another thing I noticed is that I can't buy specific ammunitions, is there a specific reason for that ?
It would also be nice to have some kind of options to customize the rank gains, as often it's a chore to grind them
Also, are you planning on adding some skills to gather all items in the map around the player ? I am asking that because sometimes it's really frustrating searching for the last item in the map, often out of bounds... so it would be nice to have a skill about that, or something similar for monsters, as they could get stuck in unreachable teleport closets
Other than these four things I didn't noticed anything else, truly a blast
Thank you
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 am I don't see another pages to select quests, like before. Only have 1 page available. In another updates have more than one page to select quests.
Pay attention to the choice of difficulty for the quests. They must be appropriate for the rank. You can also lower the difficulty of the quests.
Armage wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 am And an bug i see, maybe on my own machine here, is phase device item icon disappeared on shop. Only appears an "a".
Strange bug. With what set and order of mods you launched the game?
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Astonishing rebalance, I'm loving it
A few things I noticed: for some reasons I can't store nor sell extra lives (I don't like them, so I wish I could at least sell those)
Thanks feedback! I added the ability to sell Extra Life in the last update (look for it in the Powerups tab).

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread or update via the launcher.
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Another thing I noticed is that I can't buy specific ammunitions, is there a specific reason for that ?
Maybe it's a bug. Can you describe in more detail what happens when you try to buy ammo and under what circumstances? With what set and order of mods you launched the game?
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am It would also be nice to have some kind of options to customize the rank gains, as often it's a chore to grind them
If you mean the speed of gaining experience (including the rank), it is possible to increase the intensity of experience in DoomRPG Options.
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Also, are you planning on adding some skills to gather all items in the map around the player ? I am asking that because sometimes it's really frustrating searching for the last item in the map, often out of bounds... so it would be nice to have a skill about that, or something similar for monsters, as they could get stuck in unreachable teleport closets
The game already has the skill "Magnetize" - it allows you to attract all items around the player. Or do you mean something else?
Imp Hunter

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

Post by Imp Hunter »

Hello, I'm a big fan of your mod since the earlier builds!
I'm just here to report something: is it intentional that on the mission menu on the outpost there are no missions related to Dehacked Attack monsters when using them? Like there are no "Kill 10 suicide bombers" or something. The same does not happen when using Pandemonium monsters instead.
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Morgul
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

lucker42 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:57 am
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Astonishing rebalance, I'm loving it
Thanks feedback! I added the ability to sell Extra Life in the last update (look for it in the Powerups tab).

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread or update via the launcher.
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Another thing I noticed is that I can't buy specific ammunitions, is there a specific reason for that ?
Maybe it's a bug. Can you describe in more detail what happens when you try to buy ammo and under what circumstances? With what set and order of mods you launched the game?
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am It would also be nice to have some kind of options to customize the rank gains, as often it's a chore to grind them
If you mean the speed of gaining experience (including the rank), it is possible to increase the intensity of experience in DoomRPG Options.
Buckethell II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am Also, are you planning on adding some skills to gather all items in the map around the player ? I am asking that because sometimes it's really frustrating searching for the last item in the map, often out of bounds... so it would be nice to have a skill about that, or something similar for monsters, as they could get stuck in unreachable teleport closets
The game already has the skill "Magnetize" - it allows you to attract all items around the player. Or do you mean something else?
Thanks for your answers !

- The ammo bug seems gone now, very nice
- Sorry, I didn't noticed there was also an option to regulate rank gains
- Yes, but sometimes (especially in big maps) some items are hard to find, so a "global map" item gather lvl 3 Magnetize would be very useful
- Thank you for making it possible storing/selling lives now, it would be even nicer if you could do the same for the soulspheres and megasphere

Another idea I had to customize the mod experience even more, is to make the player choose how much each stat point effects the stats, so the player itself can globally balance how the stats effects on the gameplay, depending on what WAD they're playing

Thanks again, you're doing a good work !
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Imp Hunter wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:11 am Hello, I'm a big fan of your mod since the earlier builds!
I'm just here to report something: is it intentional that on the mission menu on the outpost there are no missions related to Dehacked Attack monsters when using them? Like there are no "Kill 10 suicide bombers" or something. The same does not happen when using Pandemonium monsters instead.
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, Dechaked Attack does not assign monsters to missions. Simply because it is not done. For that reason, because it has to be done with the balance in mind, I didn't have time for that. Unfortunately.
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

Regarding suggestions from the previous comments: I would strongly recommend *NOT* giving the "Magnetize" a third level where it can grab all items from all over the map.

This will make it a 100% obligatory skill, bloat the player's power level far too quickly (even if the resulting Energy cost would require some investment in Energy stat), and would trivialize specialized items like Computer and Tracking Maps.
Cygnus1337
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cygnus1337 »

Is there any way to turn off the fast attack of their monsters? Cuz due to the gameplay, it keeps lagging away but not the Virtual Cash Drop or something cuz i turn them off and i have poor performance over my pc. Then i start to turn off every setting on the game to make it better but its still not working.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Cygnus1337 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:37 am Is there any way to turn off the fast attack of their monsters? Cuz due to the gameplay, it keeps lagging away but not the Virtual Cash Drop or something cuz i turn them off and i have poor performance over my pc. Then i start to turn off every setting on the game to make it better but its still not working.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Fast Attack"? Can I have more details?

To increase performance, you could try enabling the "Toaster Mod" in DoomRPG Options -> Performance (in case it somehow went unnoticed).
Gidon_147
Preferred Pronouns: Ask Me

Post by Gidon_147 »

Hello! First of all, I'm really really impressed at how far this pack has come in the last 2 months alone. The update rhythm is insane and so many things have been ironed out, from the formerly kinda confusing difficulty choices which are now clear as day, the compatibility additions and all these interactions fixed, to the launcher automatically helping with the load order, these are all those things i appreciate a LOT. This is a very impressive project and I'm digging it.

Now I have two questions before I update my game:

1) Is map difficulty tied to the Character or save file? When I load a saved character into a new game, will the maps start at Level one, or adapt accordingly to the character level?

2) Can I save my character, then update the game through launcher, and then reload the character into the updated game?

Thank you for your time and for this TC!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”