DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
generic name guy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Post by generic name guy »

Reinchard2 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:43 am New version of sp_rock:
Spoiler:
really makes you FEEL like a rock
Dark-Assassin

Re: DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Looks nice, but perhaps you should try to avoid hard edge extrusions. You can see what I mean on the right side of the 2nd pic. It could use a little blending.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Dark-Assassin wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:52 pm Looks nice, but perhaps you should try to avoid hard edge extrusions. You can see what I mean on the right side of the 2nd pic. It could use a little blending.
It was exactly the same thing that I thought when I looked after a while at the end result.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

generic name guy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:49 am
Reinchard2 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:02 am
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:59 pm When trying to use this on Delta touch I get a shader error about parallax something .any idea if that's fixable ?
Hard to say because I never used this port. Interestingly, someone mentioned a few pages earlier that he used Delta Touch and everything worked fine for him. I'm guessing this port doesn't support parallax shader, maybe? If so, just delete a few lines from gldefs (those containing "Shader "shaders/texture/parallax.fp/parallax2.fp"" and "Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/*texture_name_here.png"").

So for example you should have something like this:

material Texture "tekwall4"
{
normal "materials/normalmaps/tekwall4.png"
metallic "materials/metallic/tekwall4.png"
roughness "materials/roughness/tekwall4.png"
ao "materials/ao/ao_blank2.png"
}

instead of this:

material Texture "tekwall4"
{
Shader "shaders/texture/parallax2.fp"
normal "materials/normalmaps/tekwall4.png"
metallic "materials/metallic/tekwall4.png"
roughness "materials/roughness/tekwall4.png"
ao "materials/ao/ao_blank2.png"
Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/tekwall4.png"
}
This might work, but to my knowledge, shaders in GZDoom are compiled when you launch the game.
Thanks a lot .I haven't seen the answer cause I'm not that often here .sorry
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post was created on behalf of user due to accidental use of the report tool
ZORG
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ZORG »

Well done author! The textures are the best I've seen! Even better than DHTP. True, there are a couple of questions. There were difficulties with some textures, I wanted to ask how to fix it. I play on vanilla gzdoom 4.6.1 I launch via ZDL

https://imgur.com/a/uxmXg2q
Last edited by ZORG on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”