DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DrFrnknsprtr

Re: DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Post by DrFrnknsprtr »

Reinchard2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:22 am
DrFrnknsprtr wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:47 am Original Res Textures for these work well believe it or not, been experimenting with GIMP and palettes to do the materials at doom res since some things get crunched in the resize process, and it has little performance cost, BIMP for GIMP was highly helpful in this btw
Source?
https://imgur.com/zozQd3d did this with the D64 PBR Textures, I think initial res was 4 x and I brought it down to 1 x
Reinchard2

Re: DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Post by Reinchard2 »

Marbface:
Spoiler:
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

When trying to use this on Delta touch I get a shader error about parallax something .any idea if that's fixable ?
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:59 pm When trying to use this on Delta touch I get a shader error about parallax something .any idea if that's fixable ?
Hard to say because I never used this port. Interestingly, someone mentioned a few pages earlier that he used Delta Touch and everything worked fine for him. I'm guessing this port doesn't support parallax shader, maybe? If so, just delete a few lines from gldefs (those containing "Shader "shaders/texture/parallax.fp/parallax2.fp"" and "Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/*texture_name_here.png"").

So for example you should have something like this:

material Texture "tekwall4"
{
normal "materials/normalmaps/tekwall4.png"
metallic "materials/metallic/tekwall4.png"
roughness "materials/roughness/tekwall4.png"
ao "materials/ao/ao_blank2.png"
}

instead of this:

{
Shader "shaders/texture/parallax2.fp"
Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/tekwall4.png"
}
generic name guy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by generic name guy »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:59 pm When trying to use this on Delta touch I get a shader error about parallax something .any idea if that's fixable ?
Download the 2 shaders in the folder. https://mega.nz/folder/Ovp2iRiR#YwQl-i-DDgBLiIliDXLqSw
generic name guy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by generic name guy »

Reinchard2 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:02 am
Hard to say because I never used this port. Interestingly, someone mentioned a few pages earlier that he used Delta Touch and everything worked fine for him. I'm guessing this port doesn't support parallax shader, maybe? If so, just delete a few lines from gldefs (those containing "Shader "shaders/texture/parallax.fp/parallax2.fp"" and "Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/*texture_name_here.png"").

So for example you should have something like this:

{
}

instead of this:

{
Shader "shaders/texture/parallax2.fp"
Texture tex_heightmap "materials/heightmaps/tekwall4.png"
}
This might work, but to my knowledge, shaders in GZDoom are compiled when you launch the game.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Update:
Added new tekwall, sladrip animation, nukedge1 and lots of flats. All flats for episode 1 are done. As for textures there are still few to be done: brnsmal, comp2, lite2, sw1brn2, sw1brngn and that's all.
Links to version 1K, 512 and 256 are updated in opening post.
SaucepanSF

Post by SaucepanSF »

Keep going man! Your dedication to this is appreciated, and not going un-noticed.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

@SaucepanSF
Thanks, good to hear that!

Playing second episode with 256 (only twice the size of original) version of my pbr textures and Project Relight:

cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

This works great on delta touch using generics shader fix, but one thing I cannot see are bullet holes, using dbulletchips ornnash decals I shoot any wall ans cannot see the holes. Mayne I'm doing something wrong.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

I just checked and for me decals show up normally. Maybe problem is related to some add-ons you're using.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Some work on episode 2 texture set
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Reinchard2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:26 am Some work on episode 2 texture set
Spoiler:
Holy moly that looks incredible! Really looking like a 3d environment.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

Reinchard2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:07 am I just checked and for me decals show up normally. Maybe problem is related to some add-ons you're using.
For some reason my decals were set to 1. Lol
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

New version of sp_rock:
Spoiler:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”