Model culling is too aggressive

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
[]Dot

Model culling is too aggressive

Post by []Dot »

Tested Platform: Linux Mint 21
Engine version: GZDoom 4.7.0

For the weapon models I am working on I have right now the problem that the model culling is too aggressive and it becomes even more apparent when I try to implement a iron sight feature. On Blender I set the camera position to (0, 0, 0) so that the weapon model is aligned around this camera position as it seems to match that of GZDoom 3d model weapon view.

Yes I know the weapon model rig is far from complete but its only there to showcase the problem. The assets are not done by me in case anyone is wondering and I did provided a credits.txt file at the PK3 file. Due to attachment limits here I am forced to upload the files somewhere else: https://u.smutty.horse/mjkxhwumzav.zip

Edit: It seems commenting out the "Scale" variable makes the model culling much less aggressive, not completely but its less jarring without it. Also I could not replicate this issues on models with fairly low amount of triangle count.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”