[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [p29] Reelism 2 - Version 1.21 Released! Bugfixes 'n' such

Post by wildweasel »

BlueWarriorJames wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:56 am I wanted to see the return of the Poorly Colored Sonic OCs as a Jackpot or maybe a 999 Script on a Space Colony ARK Map.
We would be happy to help you learn how to make it, if you're willing to do a little bit of learning and maybe asking questions about the things you don't know how to do.
BlueWarriorJames
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueWarriorJames »

wildweasel wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:34 am
BlueWarriorJames wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:56 am I wanted to see the return of the Poorly Colored Sonic OCs as a Jackpot or maybe a 999 Script on a Space Colony ARK Map.
We would be happy to help you learn how to make it, if you're willing to do a little bit of learning and maybe asking questions about the things you don't know how to do.
Simple, All I need to do is to import the Sonics from Reel 1 and turn it into a Standalone slot like how Bouncy Tem did to Screaming Squirts or make a Sonic-themed Map and turn it into a 999 Script

but to coincide that, I'm gonna need some Black Arms and G.U.N. Sprites
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If you start to learn and work on your own addon like, right now, that'd be a good step to make your dream come true. So yeah, i wish you good luck.
Spoiler: Double extra and also might be a crucial feedback
EDIT: Extra feedback. Are Dog Pope II's bee projectiles invisible? I mean i can hear the sound coming from me but i can't see any of them. This takes rather great effect on Boss Rush mode since he fires A LOT when he's almost dead. I don't think this is fair since they're invisible, fast, gather up so you instantly becomes a bone-filled jello if you just stop strafing for a second. Nerfing isn't necessary but not sure about them being invisible.

EDIT2:
Fan stuff. I've made this short animation for my boss rush gameplay vid!

EDIT3:
I've been playing through a D** ** *** ********* and yeah, it gets quite hard when you're getting cluttered with explosives often. But then i've found some strange aspect from Grease is the Word reel.

Like, when i stand near at enemy spawner, it pushes me with quite a considerable force. Is this intentional or other addons i'm running are doing something strange?
BlueWarriorJames

Why are the Puppets Multi-Colored? Is this a Secret?
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

The Multi-colored puppets actually came from Bouncytem's Reelism 2 mod, meaning if you use this mod, multi-colored puppets will appear.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

https://reelism.dog/

Version 1.23 is out. More bugfixes, thanks to the streamers we've seen playing the mod online (occasionally a frankly scary amount).
Changelog wrote: SLOTS:
  • Gun Runner: No longer effects certain secrets.
MAPS:
  • Overflow: Fixed an error message appearing during the Agent 999 jackpot.
TOWN:
  • The hot dog vendor will no longer attempt to sell you his limp, processed meats if you've already bought one. Once is more than enough.
MONSTERS:
  • Trackbot: Halved damage inflicted by shots.
  • Flamebot: Fixed a minor art oversight (thanks Bouncy!)
  • Stridin' Caco: No longer makes footstep sounds while effected by Wingin' It.
  • Skeleton: Changed bone gibs to properly account for Super Bones assist.
WEAPONS:
  • Big Swingy: Big buff! Hugely increased range, damage and i-frames.
  • Knife 'n' Fork: Altfire is now effected by the Power Sneakers reel.
  • Footbaww: Now charges through frozen enemies instead of being blocked by them.
BOSSES:
  • Fighting Dialup Team: Changed death screen tooltip to something more useful.
  • Dog Pope II: Fixed a bug where getting healed by bees or dogs with the Super Bones assist active could reset their health down to 50%.
  • Ape Lincoln: Fixed a bug where the calculations for becoming more aggressive when low on health did not take the Super Bones assist into account.
  • Mega Imp: Changed the anti-hardlock code to account for the Super Bones assist because why leave a job half-finished?
  • Mega Imp: Updated shader effect to work on Delta Touch (Thanks Generic Name Guy!)
  • MF Wizard: Fixed second form not being affected by Super Bones assist.
MISC:
  • Half Damage Assist score multiplayer changed from 0.5x to 0.75x.
  • Adjusted difficulty ratings on the map select based on what we've seen on streams.
Dan_The_Noob

Re: [p31] Reelism 2 - Version 1.23 Released! More bugfixes!

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

is multiplayer working on this at all? last i tried it wasn't but not sure if it wasn't supported or was just broken before.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Dan_The_Noob wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:35 am is multiplayer working on this at all? last i tried it wasn't but not sure if it wasn't supported or was just broken before.
carBENfiber

Post by carBENfiber »

Hey there, quick question, I just downloaded the newest version of reelism2 and saw the icon file for the game. How would I go about using this? I just drag the .pk3 onto a gz doom shortcut to open the game and it wont let me customize the icon for the pk3, is there a way to like make one exe to start the game so I could use the icon? probably a dumb question but thought Id ask. Thanks!
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Kinsie wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:09 am <screenshot>
oh right, i did read that.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

carBENfiber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:47 pm Hey there, quick question, I just downloaded the newest version of reelism2 and saw the icon file for the game. How would I go about using this? I just drag the .pk3 onto a gz doom shortcut to open the game and it wont let me customize the icon for the pk3, is there a way to like make one exe to start the game so I could use the icon? probably a dumb question but thought Id ask. Thanks!
Right click GZDoom.exe and select "Create Shortcut". Right click it, select Properties. click the "Target" path, and add this at the end.

Code: Select all

-file "C:\Path To Where You Put The Mod\reelism2_v1.23.pk3"
Then select "Change Icon" and adjust to taste, before moving onto your increasingly crowded desktop. Enjoy!
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Yooooo Reelism update! Mostly just fixes, I know, but STILL.
carBENfiber

Post by carBENfiber »

Kinsie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:52 am
carBENfiber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:47 pm Hey there, quick question, I just downloaded the newest version of reelism2 and saw the icon file for the game. How would I go about using this? I just drag the .pk3 onto a gz doom shortcut to open the game and it wont let me customize the icon for the pk3, is there a way to like make one exe to start the game so I could use the icon? probably a dumb question but thought Id ask. Thanks!
Right click GZDoom.exe and select "Create Shortcut". Right click it, select Properties. click the "Target" path, and add this at the end.

Code: Select all

-file "C:\Path To Where You Put The Mod\reelism2_v1.23.pk3"
Then select "Change Icon" and adjust to taste, before moving onto your increasingly crowded desktop. Enjoy!
Thank you so much! I did not even know that was possible, I appreciate the quick and helpful reply!
SubwayShooter
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by SubwayShooter »

I genuinely hope that there will be lzdoom version, cause my PC is literally built off scraps and tech during cold war and it cannot run gzdoom without exploding
BlueWarriorJames

Will there be the Return of the "Bomber, Man" reel because instead of New Inventory Items, there will be Disposable Weapons like Duke3D's Pipe Bombs, Goldeneye's Proximity Mines, Half-Life 1's Snarks and the return of the Coin Bombs from Reelism 1.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”