Supplice - Out now on Steam!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Supplice - Wishlist on Steam!

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Enjay wrote:Well, calling the Doom engine "idTech" is a retrofit anyway. idTech wasn't a term coined until idTech 5 (Rage Engine). Which partly explains all the weird point-something versions listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech

So, not the latest version of idTech - the latest version of the Doom engine as wildweasel said. ;)
Fair enough!
Captain J wrote:Overall, i enjoyed Supplice a lot especially the Marathon-esq messages! Neato reference :D
Indeed! Also, they are well-written and in the case of the very last transmission as well as the hidden alien terminals, rather scary... :3:
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Only played one level so far but I loved it! The gunplay feels really nice and chunky. The rotary shotgun altfire was a big winner, and the mortar was a blast to use. I also loved the zoom on the assault rifle; it was more useful than I would have thought. The markers on the map kept me from getting too lost (my short term memory is garbage), and I liked the messages on the consoles for the sake of world building and advancing through the level. The enemy design was nicely done, and the enemies don't fit the Doom roles too closely. They were each interesting and threatening in their own way.

It's VERY polished, and the music unsurprisingly rules. I wouldn't say it feels TOO different from Doom, but it feels amazing so that's not exactly a complaint.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Speaking of the weapons, I was rewatching the trailer and I was surprised to find out that there is going to be a double-barreled shotgun. For the longest time, I thought the Rotary Shotgun was it because of the way it looked: as I pointed out in the Steam forum, it did not even occur to me that the weapon was actually triple-barreled. Maybe it would be better to alter the weapon's appearance so that the barrels are positioned in a way similar to the Dead Space's Assault Rifle and thus make it clear that it is first and foremost a single-shot shotgun? :?

Another gripe I have with the arsenal - but this one is on me and definitely not Mekworx's fault - is that I am so used to Marathon's dual-wield weapons that once I acquire a second Assault Rifle, I keep expecting the secondary fire to shoot the right rifle rather than activate the zoom function. I guess I will have to get used to that. :P
Captain Ventris wrote:the mortar was a blast to use.
I see what you did there! :lol:
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Thanks again to everyone who continues to leave us comments and feedback! If you run into any issues, please let us know. We're compiling a list of proposed changes based off of the feedback we've received so far.
Captain J wrote:I have waited for so long and i'm totally happy with the result. Good work guys!! I've beaten all maps in normal difficulty and of course i'm impressed. The quality of mapping, textures and enemy designs are over the top and definitely fit together. Also i think this game mostly focuses on ambushes and traps, giving me a fair challenge instead of annoying me. Although it's still at demo state, the wait was worth it.
Thanks for playing and for the kind words Captain J! I really appreciate the feedback and bug reports as well. Let me address a few of them:
I can't jump or crouch. Is this game's going to be as mega-traditional as possible?
That's correct, no jumping or crouching allowed. This is partially a hold-over from when the project as a Boom-compatible endeavor; the 2 maps in the demo are from that era. We decided that in order to keep things simple map design-wise, we'd keep jumping and crouching out. So it's partially inertia from the old project and partially a specific design choice.
I don't know if you can change the tag name without making another variation, but Assault Rifle's tag name remains a Noun form once it gets dual.
I actually asked Pillowblaster about this shortly before the demo released, but he wasn't sure if it was possible or not. It bugs me too though :P. An intermediate solution would be to change the name to "Assault Rifle(s)", but I'm not super keen on that either.
Assault Rifle's Laser Pointer kinda has stuttering movements and shakes intensely if it's closer to the ceiling. Crosshair still helps with the aim tbh!
I noticed this a while back but figured it was just an oddity with how ZDoom handles physics. It's meant to be a mostly visual addition, not so much a gameplay one. But I'll bring it up with Pillow and see if he can do anything about it.
While i do really love how powerful the Rotary Shotgun is, its Primary Fire? Not too much. Maybe i'm still addicted to the good ol' vanilla trope of "One Imp, one Shell.", but you're usually guaranteed to spend one more shell at laser throwing mook even though it took point blank shot to the face. Basically it's more Spend-y since Alternate Fire costs an extra shell.
The Rotary Shotgun is pretty different compared to the Doom Shotgun. The primary fire is faster firing but (I think) does a bit less damage. Alt-fire costs three shells to fire though, which is partially why its so powerful. We might adjust the firing speed vs. damage output at some point, but right now its just meant to function a little differently from the vanilla Doom shottie.

I'll forward the rest of the bugs you mentioned to the team. Thank you again for taking the time to report them, its very much appreciated!
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Speaking of the weapons, I was rewatching the trailer and I was surprised to find out that there is going to be a double-barreled shotgun. For the longest time, I thought the Rotary Shotgun was it because of the way it looked: as I pointed out in the Steam forum, it did not even occur to me that the weapon was actually triple-barreled. Maybe it would be better to alter the weapon's appearance so that the barrels are positioned in a way similar to the Dead Space's Assault Rifle and thus make it clear that it is first and foremost a single-shot shotgun? :?
You might be surprised to learn that the double-barreled weapon in the trailer is pretty far from a shotgun ;). It's almost the antithesis of a shotgun actually; currently its one of the most long-range capable weapons in the game. As far as the Rotary Shotgun's design, I can see what you mean. I'll bring it up with Cage and see what he thinks (or he may read this and he can respond).
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Mechadon wrote:You might be surprised to learn that the double-barreled weapon in the trailer is pretty far from a shotgun ;). It's almost the antithesis of a shotgun actually; currently its one of the most long-range capable weapons in the game.
It is not? I admit, at first, I assumed it was some sort of machine gun like Duke Nukem 3D's Chaingun, but then I noticed it was using what appears to be green shotgun shells. In any case, I am looking forward to seeing this thing in action!

And while you are here, can you tell me how exactly the Pilebunker's alternative function works? I have been able to kill enemies with it, but I am not really sure I understand how: it looks like the weapon produces a gust of wind, but it does not appear to be able to remotely activate shootable switches.

Finally, it seems like MWHEELUP and MWHEELDOWN cannot be used to zoom in and out the automap. Which is odd, as I do not experience the same issue when playing Doom with GZDoom.

Oh yeah, and will the final release allow the player to overstack armor points? Right now, I can overstack health points, but when I grab armor pickups, the armor bar stays the same.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Managed to play the demo courtesy of someone who Doesn't mind installing Steam. It's everything you guys promised it would be - fast paced, good mapping, original designs beautiful artwork, satisfying weapons, cool enemies and much more. Great job.

I don't know if you are bothered or not but turning on developer mode 2 reveals a lot of warnings on startup:

Code: Select all

Resolved self-referencing texture by picking an older entry for ARGGA0
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/hiveteeth.txt" line 49:
Truncation of floating point value
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/hiveteeth.txt" line 49:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/hiveteeth.txt" line 50:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/hiveteeth.txt" line 50:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/hiveteeth.txt" line 51:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/ui/canvas.txt" line 109:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/ui/canvas.txt" line 113:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hazardousbarrel.txt" line 39:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hazardousbarrel.txt" line 39:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hazardousbarrel.txt" line 40:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hazardousbarrel.txt" line 40:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hazardousbarrel.txt" line 41:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/nuclearbarrel.txt" line 29:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/nuclearbarrel.txt" line 29:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/nuclearbarrel.txt" line 30:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/nuclearbarrel.txt" line 30:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/nuclearbarrel.txt" line 31:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/basemonster.txt" line 123:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/basemonster.txt" line 123:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/basemonster.txt" line 124:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/basemonster.txt" line 124:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/basemonster.txt" line 125:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/shesonfire.txt" line 20:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/shesonfire.txt" line 20:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 101:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 101:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 102:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 102:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 103:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 108:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 108:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 109:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 109:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 110:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 116:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 116:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 117:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 117:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 118:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 123:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 123:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 124:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 124:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 125:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 128:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 128:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 129:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 129:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 130:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 135:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 135:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 136:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 136:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 137:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 142:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 142:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 143:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 143:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 144:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 149:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 149:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 150:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 150:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 151:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 156:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 156:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 157:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 157:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 158:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 163:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 163:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 164:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 164:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 165:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 168:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 168:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 169:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 169:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 170:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 202:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 202:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 203:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 203:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 204:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 209:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 209:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 210:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 210:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 211:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 228:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 228:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 229:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 229:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 230:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 233:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 233:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 234:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 234:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 235:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 251:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 251:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 252:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 252:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 253:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 275:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 275:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 276:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 276:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 277:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 280:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 280:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 281:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 281:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 282:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 299:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 299:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 300:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 300:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 301:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 304:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 304:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 305:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 305:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/gibson.txt" line 306:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalson.txt" line 175:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalson.txt" line 175:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalson.txt" line 176:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalson.txt" line 176:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalson.txt" line 177:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 29:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 29:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 30:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 30:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 31:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 37:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 37:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 38:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 38:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 39:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 44:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 44:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 45:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 45:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 46:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 52:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 52:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 53:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 53:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 54:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 59:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 59:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 60:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 60:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 61:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 64:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 64:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 65:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 65:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 66:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 71:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 71:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 72:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 72:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/basestuff/metalgibson.txt" line 73:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/cereberog.txt" line 70:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/cereberog.txt" line 70:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/cereberog.txt" line 71:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/cereberog.txt" line 71:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/monsters/cereberog.txt" line 72:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hostile_turret.txt" line 100:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hostile_turret.txt" line 100:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hostile_turret.txt" line 101:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hostile_turret.txt" line 101:
Script warning, "supplice_demo.ipk3:zactors/hazards/hostile_turret.txt" line 102:
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

Played your demo and came to say it's absolutely excellent and fun! =D

The only criticism I have is that I think the game's colors (textures and weapons I mean) are a little over the top. I'm sure it's intentional by you and meant to have a really arcade-y kind of feel, which I love and I'm certainly not opposed to more color, but I think it's a bit much tbh. From green, to blue, to purple, to orange, sometimes in the same level, and weapons that go from red, to green, to purple, to blue, and it just doesn't feel very natural like that, in fact feels a tad silly. Your monsters, on the other hand, have very natural colors and are toned down more. I doubt you have any intention to change it, I'm just putting it out there. I guess you're also limited by your palette, because if you turned your greens etc. to less saturated colors for floors and walls, then you wouldn't have the deeper greens for lights, trees, etc. Does that maybe have something to do with it?

But, other than that... oh my, so much fun! =D And great writing so far, too! You guys should be proud of your work!

EDIT: oh, yeah, and also the tech pillar sprite I would say looks really weird when you change your angle and it moves around. I know vanilla does that too obviously, but it seems like it's much more noticeable in Supplice for some reason. I wonder if you'd consider making it a voxel? at least as an option? I don't know, maybe you'd rather that be something modders did considering how much work you guys have already done.
Cage

Post by Cage »

Hey everyone, we got a date!

We're proud to announce that Supplice will be coming out in Early Access on March 30th, 2023!

We're aiming towards releasing a third of the game - two episodes with distinct themes and different challenges! Each episode has at least one complex level (similar to what you've seen in the demo) so the initial release is going to be a decent chunk of the game. :)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

So excited. I can’t wait for March! This is top billing on my wishlist for sure.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

This already looked commercially polished years ago. So glad it finally goes to release.
UmbrellAssassin

Post by UmbrellAssassin »

Cage wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:18 am Hey everyone, we got a date!

We're proud to announce that Supplice will be coming out in Early Access on March 30th, 2023!

We're aiming towards releasing a third of the game - two episodes with distinct themes and different challenges! Each episode has at least one complex level (similar to what you've seen in the demo) so the initial release is going to be a decent chunk of the game. :)
Great! I've played the demo too many times.
You guys are doing awesome work.
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

Hey, I have a question for the devs: did you guys decide to enable jump/crouch? I was watching one of your clips on twitter, and I thought I saw jumping, but not sure. If so, that's cool :)

And also, I had a question for Cage if he doesn't mind: you don't have to go into super detail or anything, I don't want to take too much of your time, but I was curious about the burning/on-fire sprites for every monster... did you manually make every single one, or do you have some shortcut for applying that effect to every sprite?

Thanks again for taking time to answer! :D I want to re-emphasize how much I love your game... I've played the demo so many times, looking VERY, VERY forward to buying your game and playing it my guys, you should be very proud of your hard work :D
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

this videogame is now available for the princely sum of fifteen of your united states dollars

Five levels are available, with plans for five more every couple of months until about this time next year, at which point it'll be considered Dunzo and the price'll go up a bit.

Congrats to the team on shipping! Well, shipping the first bit, anyway. Got five more bits to go!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Eeeeey that's a brilliant news! Happy to hear that it's on early access now. I wish you guys all the best with your endeavors on finishing the project!!
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Hey Kinsie! Thanks for doing my job for me :D

We've been working really hard on this, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”