Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

Jj1117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

Post by Jj1117 »

Hey great work with this one. I have bought both the Quad and Delta Touch before and this one is great like the others.
I was wondering if we are going to get Jedi Knight series released on android or the Dark Force series? Thank you
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

I don't know if emile wants to touch the latter Jedi Knight games as while the sources were released, it was done without the rightsholders permission AFAIK
The first Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) did not have its source released, but is currently being reverse engineered as OpenJKDF2 (haven't really kept up with its progress)
Finally, the original Dark Forces is being reverse engineered by LuciusDXL as The Force Engine, and while it's fully playable it's probably too early to think about porting it to Android
Jj1117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jj1117 »

Phredreeke wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:24 am I don't know if emile wants to touch the latter Jedi Knight games as while the sources were released, it was done without the rightsholders permission AFAIK
The first Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) did not have its source released, but is currently being reverse engineered as OpenJKDF2 (haven't really kept up with its progress)
Finally, the original Dark Forces is being reverse engineered by LuciusDXL as The Force Engine, and while it's fully playable it's probably too early to think about porting it to Android
Thanks. I'll be more than willing to wait for the android release of jkdf2 and mots. It was such a classic. OPENJKDF2 is a great tool I've tried just last night. Hopefully they release an android version soon.
emile_b
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by emile_b »

New version v2.2, download here:
http://opentouchgaming.com/zeta-touch/

* Added Raze 1.5.0
* Updated EDuke32 dev to latest code
* Added Gyro 'Smart toggle' button to touch screen and gamepad
* Added Redneck Rampage : Ride Again to launcher
* Added WWII GI to launcher
* Added Quick Kick button
* Fixed Scoped Storage to work (optional). Can decrease loads times on Android 11+ if enabled

Return to “Projects”