Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Important update at p.17, follow me on https://twitter.com/Batandy_ for project updates

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer ou

Post by Batandy »

dragomir wrote:When i load this mode,i see a colorless level.Using latest GZdoom.
I don't exactly understand what you mean, I'd need more info to help you, try playing the game with a fresh install of Gzdoom with no existing config whatsoever.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Game start from a tutorial level,which teaches various jump method and flying kick,This level does not have any color or any texture.After completing tutorial i came to a town and it has color but some texture are missing and instead placeholder written shows.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

dragomir wrote:Game start from a tutorial level,which teaches various jump method and flying kick,This level does not have any color or any texture.After completing tutorial i came to a town and it has color but some texture are missing and instead placeholder written shows.
-Make sure to be running this mod alone without any extra mods
-Make sure to have Doom2.wad loaded along with the mod
-Make sure to have models enabled and be running the game on OpenGL or Vulkan

Again, as I said before I highly recommend just grabbing a fresh install of Gzdoom without any pre-existing config whatsoever and see what happens
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

I'm having significant lag issues. Changing the rendering API, render mode and resolution scale didn't affect anything. I have the rendering quality set to "speed" in the hardware rendering options, and I'm also not using any post-processing effects, multi-sampling or anti-aliasing. The strangest part is, when I pause the game everything appears to be normal (windmills spinning smoothly, etc.), but when I resume... the game is unplayable.
Spoiler: Specs
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Pompous Seed wrote:I'm having significant lag issues. Changing the rendering API, render mode and resolution scale didn't affect anything. I have the rendering quality set to "speed" in the hardware rendering options, and I'm also not using any post-processing effects, multi-sampling or anti-aliasing. The strangest part is, when I pause the game everything appears to be normal (windmills spinning smoothly, etc.), but when I resume... the game is unplayable.
Spoiler: Specs
Please try
1) Wiping the gzdoom config clean just to make sure, I've had slowdowns caused by keeping the same config with different versions
2) In Options/Golden Souls 3 Options > set Extra Light Effects to 0 and see if the performance improves, it should be set to 1 by default (and 2 is the "eyecandy benchmark" mode)
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Ah yes, wiping the config did the trick. Thank you!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

New video!
VicBorAng

Post by VicBorAng »

Well now. This is good. I'm loving this
It's looking really good from the trailers. :D

Limbotropolis seems to have come a long, long way. :wub:

And that new survival horror themed level... looks amazing.

"There might be less levels then in golden souls 2"
Well. That's all right. Golden Souls 2 had A LOT of maps.

Besides, With Limbotropolis, that ocean city map, and that one survival horror city map. Plus a few other things i've seen.
It seems we are getting a fill of "City" maps.

The thing i thought i'd see from the penultimate world of Golden Souls 2.
Now it seems that itch will be scratched.

So you know. I am content.
Nodding

Post by Nodding »

This looks great!

Do not worry if it is not as "big" as GS2, levels with attention to detail like the shown horror level shows how much you have grown as a developer and how kick ass the game is going to be!

Can't wait for a release!
Delinquent

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer out!

Post by Delinquent »

I love this so far! Quick question regarding the currently available trophies: I recognize most of them (High Noon Drifter, Treasure Tech, Combined Arms, Adventures of Square) but I'm not sure what mods the thief and imp girl are from.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer out!

Post by Batandy »

Zdoom forums has been my home since my very first projects, Retro Encounter and Golden Souls 1, however, due to the recent events, I can no longer call it so, atleast until I see this place change for the better.

As saddening as it is, I won't be posting updates in this thread (or any other of my threads) anymore. I'll leave this thread open with the hope that one day I can come back here and call it home, again, but for now, I stand with my friends for a better, united Doom community.

I will continue working on Golden Souls 3 as usual and you can find my progress mostly on my Twitter, for releases and announcements you have my Itch.io and Youtube pages.
https://twitter.com/Batandy_
https://batandy.itch.io/
https://www.youtube.com/@AndreaGori

Thank you for following me here through all these years.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”