DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

CzudakCzudak

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA Extended build]

Post by CzudakCzudak »

Armage wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:58 am
CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:46 am @Lucker42 Why don't you mention that switching the preferred renderer to Vulkan in the options might considerably boost framerate even on older graphic cards (starting at Radeon HD 7000 and GeForce 600/700; they are from late 2011/early 2012) in the first post of the thread? With the newest drivers for the given card, it's almost certain it will give top performance available, because the whole Vulkan been configured for performance, and GZDoom readily adopts new Vulkan improvements the moment they happen.
I used the Toaster Mod, disabled options to get performance, and no results.

Unfortunately here in my low end machine i can't run GZDoom. I get the "you don't have OpenGL 3.3..." message.

And if i try GZDoom 3.7.1 (any version), or my fps drop a lot playing vanilla Doom or i can't run.

EDIT: I get the OpenGL 3.3 message same in GZDoom 3.7.1 :(
You can start GZDoom v4.8.2 in Vulkan API rendering mode right away by adding "+vid_preferbackend 1" to it in the command line. However, I don't know where it should go in the launcher for DoomRPG. Maybe @lucker42 will know where.
Armage

Post by Armage »

CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:27 am
Armage wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:58 am
CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:46 am @Lucker42 Why don't you mention that switching the preferred renderer to Vulkan in the options might considerably boost framerate even on older graphic cards (starting at Radeon HD 7000 and GeForce 600/700; they are from late 2011/early 2012) in the first post of the thread? With the newest drivers for the given card, it's almost certain it will give top performance available, because the whole Vulkan been configured for performance, and GZDoom readily adopts new Vulkan improvements the moment they happen.
I used the Toaster Mod, disabled options to get performance, and no results.

Unfortunately here in my low end machine i can't run GZDoom. I get the "you don't have OpenGL 3.3..." message.

And if i try GZDoom 3.7.1 (any version), or my fps drop a lot playing vanilla Doom or i can't run.

EDIT: I get the OpenGL 3.3 message same in GZDoom 3.7.1 :(
You can start GZDoom v4.8.2 in Vulkan API rendering mode right away by adding "+vid_preferbackend 1" to it in the command line. However, I don't know where it should go in the launcher for DoomRPG. Maybe @lucker42 will know where.
Hi! Oh, ok!

EDIT: I try in custom command but same message about OpenGL 3.3. Anyway, thanks for the tip.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:46 am @Lucker42 Why don't you mention that switching the preferred renderer to Vulkan in the options might considerably boost framerate even on older graphic cards (starting at Radeon HD 7000 and GeForce 600/700; they are from late 2011/early 2012) in the first post of the thread?
I haven't tested it, so I can't say anything about it.
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

I decided to wrap those medicals' sprites up today. This time I paid attention to as many details as possible and even made the properly aligned brightmaps with the fake grayscale instead of just white that somehow "spills" onto the neighboring pixels with their base blended color when I have anti aliasing enabled. Additionally, the medical collection now has rivets, clasps, and buckles, hah. I tweaked the base Doom's stimpack and medikit too, so please use their sprites as well (including their brightmaps), if anything; otherwise my neurosis gonna activate and I will get hostile towards nearby livestock and fish.

Since the quota crap is still on, I will only leave the link to the archive with the stuff: https://mega.nz/file/Z5VBGayT#ZhrNUWbGm ... Xy5KaMgQpI
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.30e:
- added Pandemonia Monsters v2.2 compatibility (thanks to Ron Dallas).

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.

CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:15 pm Since the quota crap is still on, I will only leave the link to the archive with the stuff: https://mega.nz/file/Z5VBGayT#ZhrNUWbGm ... Xy5KaMgQpI
I'll see what I can do about that in my spare time.
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

I'll see what I can do about that in my spare time.
Lol, just kidding. If you don't want to use them or only use selectively, then it's OK either; after all, I can simply make them into a new package to load with the other mods for my personal use.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that many some brightmaps in the new folder for them in this modification don't have offset set like normal sprites and it's apparent they don't work without that (based on my tests). Just a heads up.
Armage

Post by Armage »

Hi.

Please lucker, see if is possible release an update for performance for low end machines.

Here i don't have Vulkan or OpenGL 3.3 to play with GZDoom.

I'm not the only one having fps drops.

If i have knowledge to create an engine, my idea is create like a GZDoom, working like an Zandronum for low end machines and compatible with all and future mods for Doom.

Anyway, congratulations for this new update and congratulations everyone working in this mod :D
Deon

Post by Deon »

Thank you for the amazing effort put into this. I really enjoy playing it with big mapsets like a real RPG, teleporting between levels.
BigWyrm67

Post by BigWyrm67 »

I know this is a noob question but how do I use the inventory bar? I cant find the bind for it anywhere in keybinds. Cant figure out how to use armor and items. :(
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

BigWyrm67 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm I know this is a noob question but how do I use the inventory bar? I cant find the bind for it anywhere in keybinds. Cant figure out how to use armor and items. :(
The standard keys from doom are used to interact with the inventory. They are "[" , "]" , "ENTER". Or others that you set up in the standard control configuration menu.
However, there is an exception, there is a Drop Item button for weapons and armor from DRLA. This you need to go to DoomRL Options - > DRLA Controls - > Drop Item.
Armage wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 pm Please lucker, see if is possible release an update for performance for low end machines.
In the last update there were some edits in favor of optimization. If I get a chance, I will definitely try to optimize this as best I can.
Deon wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Thank you for the amazing effort put into this. I really enjoy playing it with big mapsets like a real RPG, teleporting between levels.
Thanks for the review!
rockman

Post by rockman »

Is there any way I can modify the amount of credits dropped by monsters? I just feel its way too low and I dont want to bother you guys who are already busy bug fixing and bringing in new content.
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:24 am
BigWyrm67 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm I know this is a noob question but how do I use the inventory bar? I cant find the bind for it anywhere in keybinds. Cant figure out how to use armor and items. :(
The standard keys from doom are used to interact with the inventory. They are "[" , "]" , "ENTER". Or others that you set up in the standard control configuration menu.
However, there is an exception, there is a Drop Item button for weapons and armor from DRLA. This you need to go to DoomRL Options - > DRLA Controls - > Drop Item.
Armage wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 pm Please lucker, see if is possible release an update for performance for low end machines.
In the last update there were some edits in favor of optimization. If I get a chance, I will definitely try to optimize this as best I can.
Deon wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Thank you for the amazing effort put into this. I really enjoy playing it with big mapsets like a real RPG, teleporting between levels.
Thanks for the review!
I'm so glad to hear this :D !

Because like i said, DoomRPG is my most favorite of all Doom mods.

Have everything i can think to a complete Doom experience and is the only mod i know is like an roguelike RPG of Doom.

This is the why i'm sad to see performance dropping in low end machines.

But i know, the big percentage of players have an Core i3 or superior.

This is the why i'm happy to see you will see possibilities to expand the performance.

Really thanks :)
FilthySilver
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by FilthySilver »

lucker42 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:37 pm
FilthySilver wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:25 am Is it possible to make an option where you go to the outpost after completing a level and using the teleporter to select the next level? Because I think whenever I leave the level for the outpost and come back to the level, the Corruption Card effect disappears.
There is currently no such feature in the game. Only load a level and return to the Outpost. Is there a card selection going on?
kroftek wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:05 am I have 2 issues, and would appreciate anyone's help:
-There doesn't seem to be any HP/armor/weapon/ammo stats on the HUD, I've browsed through a ton of options, but there doesn't seem to be any to enable this, am I missing something?
-PDA mouse movement doesn't seem to work, the cursor is just stuck, even though the message on the main menu says that this specific patch fixed that misbehavior.
1) Is the scale of the HUD sure it's okay? Try pressing "+" or "-"
2) Try changing the mouse settings in the options. particularly freelook
There's no card selection upon returning to the level from the outpost.
Exibius
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

FilthySilver wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:01 amThere's no card selection upon returning to the level from the outpost.
Type "ccards_allowreturnmaps true" into console. CMM recently added a cvar for this. It's off by default, though.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Exibius wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:00 pm
FilthySilver wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:01 amThere's no card selection upon returning to the level from the outpost.
Type "ccards_allowreturnmaps true" into console. CMM recently added a cvar for this. It's off by default, though.
Alright. This can also be changed in DoomRPG -> Corruption Cards Option (this is the same CVar).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”