DoomRLA EXTENDED [1.1c] - Two new classes! More stuff!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
quarterpipe

Re: DoomRLA EXTENDED [0.9be] - New class, the Sarge!

Post by quarterpipe »

The modpack reviser is a bit scuffed. It picks a random non-blacklisted modpack and stores it to i, but then it redefines i to spawn the modpack(s), so it actually just spits out the first non-blacklisted modpack.
Dan_The_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 pm
TheSlayer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 pm Hey CutManMike, just wanted to say i'm loving the work with what you've done plus the Corruption Cards (legit they've added alot of more fun replaying WADs)
as for a possible idea, do you think it's possible to work a Random option into the mod when choosing a class?
so like one time you pick it you're the Renegade, but the next time you pick it you're playing the Sarge etc. etc.
a "Random" class would be cool too, one that changes every map. (would need some carryover for things like mod space and things, or maybe can make the cap lower without losing some, but unable to pickup new ones until you use below the limit)
What, like an Ultra Nanomaniac? lmao
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

quarterpipe wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:16 am
Dan_The_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 pm a "Random" class would be cool too, one that changes every map. (would need some carryover for things like mod space and things, or maybe can make the cap lower without losing some, but unable to pickup new ones until you use below the limit)
What, like an Ultra Nanomaniac? lmao
I guess, but more of a meta-option
like, it's not really a class so much as just a "random" option that changes per-map. it would pair well with corruption cards and other roguelite elements from RLA
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

When Sarge schlups up the mini-missile pistol, it takes an entire rocket to fire one shot, where normally you get a whole reload (6 shots) for a single rocket. Unsure what other fringe cases there might be like this one.

Love this mod, by the way. Cheers.
quarterpipe

Post by quarterpipe »

I think the gizmo handler's SpawnGizmo fails on maps that don't have any actors, or something. The hub map in Compendium is an example. It causes a hard crash.

You also lose any soul traps, radar devices, and probably filled soul traps whenever you change levels. I think it's because Inventory.InterhubAmount defaults to 1 instead of Inventory.MaxAmount (why?!) because specifying InterhubAmount fixes it.
Last edited by quarterpipe on Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armage

Post by Armage »

Hi! Your mod works in DoomRPG SE Rebalance in LZDoom?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the bumping.

But since the thread states that the mod needs a ZScript version of GZDoom, i think it would also be a nice thing to state that the mod won't work with LZDoom too.

It brings up an error during boot:

Code: Select all

DRLAX_0.9beta.pk3:zscript/drlax/familiars/familiarbase.zscript, line 773: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PreTravelled
I unfortunately don't know if that's the only error that keeps it from being compatible with LZDoom tho.
Eggs
Location: "I see nothing, I was not here, I did not even get up this morning!"

Post by Eggs »

I had the chance to play this in multiplayer with a friend and it mostly works, however it seems familiars cause a de sync, it shouldn't be enough to majorly impact a co op experience as the chance to get a familiar in co op is a bit rare, I'm not sure if the other classes cause any problems (It was a sarge+ tech run) if i get another chance to play this co op i may see if any more problems come up
EDIT
Discovered a few extra bugs
Nomad is unplayable in multiplayer as it causes de sync
Dropping radar devices causes a de sync for some reason
I havent tested but the other added inventory items could be also affected
Mephistofel_666
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Mephistofel_666 »

Doesn't work with LZDoom 3.88b
"Execution could not continue. 2 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"

Device:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 N970 2.5 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5470 (512 MB DDR3)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
GZDoom works slowly on all modes at low graphics settings. :cry:
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LZDoom's ZScript version may be too old to run this. Are you able to try GZDoom in OpenGL ES mode?
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Eggs wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:44 am
Discovered a few extra bugs
Nomad is unplayable in multiplayer as it causes de sync
Dropping radar devices causes a de sync for some reason
I havent tested but the other added inventory items could be also affected
-radar instantly de-syncs players in co-op when used or dropped.
-Nomad CAN cause de-sync depends on the gun or something, haven't nailed it down.

-the little machine that expects a specific recipe gun might need to be less specific.. it asked for a demolition combat pistol which isn't a particularly good choice to make but a demolition ammo gun would be a good choice.
Mephistofel_666
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Post by Mephistofel_666 »

wildweasel wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:32 am LZDoom's ZScript version may be too old to run this. Are you able to try GZDoom in OpenGL ES mode?
Yes, I tried it. GZDoom runs slowly on my laptop in both modes (software and hardware). My video chip is not fast enough (Radeon Mobility HD 5470)... although it runs Dying Light on ultra-low graphics settings :D
MutantMods
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MutantMods »

I go into detail about this here! In case someone is looking for footage of what this mod adds.

Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Morgul »

I love this extended version of RLA, can't go back after playing with it
Would be even more awesome to have a melee based class
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Buckethell II wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:57 pm Would be even more awesome to have a melee based class
I would like to make one but beyond certain shenanigans, the options for melee play in this mod is limited mostly to default doom hitscan punches and chainsaws, which I don't find that useful (ESPECIALLY against higher tier DRLAmonsters). Don't get me wrong I think the one-two-uppercut is fun and fantastic, but DRLA is fun because of the weapon variety and how they work with the classes. I would end up having to make my own weapons for DRLA if I wanted a melee class, but under the hood it's a bit tricky as DRLA's code is so oldschool (plus I would not want to rob the author of the mod, yholl, the fun of making new weapons).

I did experiment with a class that shortened the range of projectile weapons massively and converted the damage to melee, but it didn't feel that interesting (plus due to old code again, had issues).
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

how viable would it be to make a generic/freeform version of DRLA classes that can work with any mod? (obviously technician and other mod-related classes would need a new perk)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”