[DeusDoom: Augmentations] adding Deus Ex augmentations to Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DeusDoom: adding Deus Ex augmentations to Doom

Post by cyber_cool »

-Ghost- wrote:Good to see another update! Do you think you'll be adding other stuff from Deus Ex, like the various gear you can carry? More augs would be cool too, maybe blending the original DX ones with some of the more useful sequel ones.
Since I am still insisting on DeusDoom being a universal mod, I am only thinknig of maybe something like a separate mod for DX-like body parts damage system in the future. A separate items/weapons mod would be indeed cool when I manage to properly rip first-person models from the game. For now I gonna be balancing the monsters' augmentations, maybe adding compatibility for some other promising mods.
cyber_cool

Re: [DeusDoom: Augmentations] adding Deus Ex augmentations to Doom

Post by cyber_cool »

Okay, big changes time. I separated augmentations and core functionality (UI system, various utilities, EyeLib), so in order to run DeusDoom: Augmentations you need to have DeusDoom: Core loaded. Links in the original post have been updated.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Oooh! I cannot lie, but I was just thinking about this mod after I watched a long review of the game to see the funny take of it, and it made me think how a Doom mod would be like in particular too.
But oh! Does that mean we will be able to stuff our faces with packs of cigars and smoke until Denton falls over and bleeds? :D
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Updated the mod, with changes being:
  • Better integration with the core mod - upgrade canisters and bioelectric cells now show up in inventory interface and take up space.
  • 3D models for bioelectric cells and augmentation canister
  • Fixed the hard crash bug
  • Improved performance of certain augmentations and monster augmentations system

cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Starman the Blaziken wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:05 am Oooh! I cannot lie, but I was just thinking about this mod after I watched a long review of the game to see the funny take of it, and it made me think how a Doom mod would be like in particular too.
But oh! Does that mean we will be able to stuff our faces with packs of cigars and smoke until Denton falls over and bleeds? :D
Well, wait til I make [DeusDoom: Items]. One day.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Checked to see if the new version still works with HDest. Patch doesn't work 'cause of the new medical system going, but it seems even without it, there's some funny thing going on with the menu logo stuff.

cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

ZikShadow wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:16 pm Checked to see if the new version still works with HDest. Patch doesn't work 'cause of the new medical system going, but it seems even without it, there's some funny thing going on with the menu logo stuff.
I would like to look into the issue, but it seems I can't even run gzdoom with HDest as of right now, due to some engine bug in the Linux version.
I still will appreciate a load order list, since judging by the error log, it looks like the core mod is loaded 2 times for some reason.
Maybe i'll be able to fix it once the bug is gone, but can't say anything for sure right now.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I double checked, "HDest -> DeusDoom Core -> DeusDoom Augs -> DeusDoom HDest patch", same as what's mentioned in the main page. I'm confounded myself as to why it happened.

I managed to get the initial combo to run after removing the titlemap and the logo stuff, but the HDest patch itself is unfortunately outdated. The medical system's been changed, and the way to count blues as well.

cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

ZikShadow wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:34 pm I double checked, "HDest -> DeusDoom Core -> DeusDoom Augs -> DeusDoom HDest patch", same as what's mentioned in the main page. I'm confounded myself as to why it happened.
I managed to get the initial combo to run after removing the titlemap and the logo stuff, but the HDest patch itself is unfortunately outdated. The medical system's been changed, and the way to count blues as well.
Managed to find and fix the bug. Turns out HDest also has a zscript file named "decorations.zs", so it led to a name conflict (unfortunately, gzdoom still doesn't handle this crap). It only affected the core mod.
As for the patch, sorry, but I am not going to continue maintaining it. I have zero assurance that it won't break in 3 days when Matt decides to make revenants fly or something. Gonna remove it from the OG thread post.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Thanks for the fix! Also, perfectly understandable. I'm grateful that it could work for so long, though I suggest to not remove it at all.
People who are interested to see how it works could be told to run an earlier stable of HDest itself, after all. Benefits of having Git-style releases having a full historical setup ready to be downloaded.

EDIT: Tried doing it myself. Somewhat works with 410a, the latest stable. Still has some crashes, though I can't figure out if it's on DD's end or HDest's. Either way, a decent preliminary for a non-programmer.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0tpbsm7n ... t.zip/file
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I wonder if you could just cut out some of the augs and make it work? I feel like most of the conflicts are tied into the regen aug, would taking it out or replacing it help?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

The version above I uploaded has both blues check and medical checks fixed, which was what's causing the crashes in the first place. I don't know about the other mechanics, but they seem to be working okay from what I observe in the short time testing the lot.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Hey, I guess the mod isn't dead! A few augmentations have been reworked, and the legendary system is going to be reworked soon.
Meanwhile, here is a list of changes:
  • Agility enhancement still gives an ability to dash and improved deceleration. However, it also gives following abilities:
    - Level 2: You can climb walls by pressing (+use) on them.
    - Level 3: You take 30% less damage while dashing.
    - Level 4: You noclip through enemies while dashing.
  • Gravitational field is completely changed. Now it slows down incoming projectiles in an AoE area. Each level increases the radius and slowdown.
  • Microfibral muscle's ability to pick up items is now in the core mod. However, only with this aug throwing items deals damage (it no longer stuns, but deals significantly more damage).
    Mass is now calculated based on height, radius and health (if applicable) of the object, instead of using Mass property.
    Microfibral muscle now also allows you to hold +use on monsters to subdue them, and then drag them around with you. You can release them, throw them (+altattack) or damage and kill them (+attack).
  • Speed enhancement now gives less speed and more jump height. Also, it has the same (but in less in numbers) improved deceleration as Agility Enhancement, so you can better control your increased speed.
  • Targeting now doesn't give garbage information like the current state or the picture. Instead, the info about augmentations has been improved (and it also displays bioenergy from level 3).
    Also, it increases the damage against selected target by a small percentage.
  • Spy drone is now much more controllable, and instead of a useless ability to mark enemies, it now can explode in regular or in EMP explosion.
    Starman the Blaziken
    Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

cyber_cool wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:09 am Hey, I guess the mod isn't dead! A few augmentations have been reworked, and the legendary system is going to be reworked soon.
    Meanwhile, here is a list of changes:
    • Agility enhancement still gives an ability to dash and improved deceleration. However, it also gives following abilities:
      - Level 2: You can climb walls by pressing (+use) on them.
      - Level 3: You take 30% less damage while dashing.
      - Level 4: You noclip through enemies while dashing.
    • Gravitational field is completely changed. Now it slows down incoming projectiles in an AoE area. Each level increases the radius and slowdown.
    • Microfibral muscle's ability to pick up items is now in the core mod. However, only with this aug throwing items deals damage (it no longer stuns, but deals significantly more damage).
      Mass is now calculated based on height, radius and health (if applicable) of the object, instead of using Mass property.
      Microfibral muscle now also allows you to hold +use on monsters to subdue them, and then drag them around with you. You can release them, throw them (+altattack) or damage and kill them (+attack).
    • Speed enhancement now gives less speed and more jump height. Also, it has the same (but in less in numbers) improved deceleration as Agility Enhancement, so you can better control your increased speed.
    • Targeting now doesn't give garbage information like the current state or the picture. Instead, the info about augmentations has been improved (and it also displays bioenergy from level 3).
      Also, it increases the damage against selected target by a small percentage.
    • Spy drone is now much more controllable, and instead of a useless ability to mark enemies, it now can explode in regular or in EMP explosion.
    Oh, so is that why the text for legendary upgrades do not appear when perfecting them right now, even when it used to show when selecting the augment again to read its info when perfected?
    cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Starman the Blaziken wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:48 pm Oh, so is that why the text for legendary upgrades do not appear when perfecting them right now, even when it used to show when selecting the augment again to read its info when perfected?
    I think it should... Idk why it doesn't happen.
    But I'll fix that and many other issues when the rework is out, currently I already reworked ADS, Agility, Ballistic protection, Cloak and Combat strength legendary upgrades.
    Spoiler: you will be able to choose between 2+ options for such upgrades. And they will suck much less ass than before.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”