Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
osjclatchford

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Post by osjclatchford »

nice!

funny but I'm posting a tnt sky2 texture today too!

this ones animated:
https://i.ibb.co/4KMqSsb/OSJC-tnt-sky2.gif
I posted as a link rather than the direct image as its 1024 wide and thats apparrently a bit big for here...

I used the tnt sky that Mek did, but with my onwn edit of the tnt galaxy int here.
the anim for the twinkly star is inspired by the hint-globe shining animation from duke nukem2...

*edit*
here:
https://i.ibb.co/vqQpcpK/OSJC-tnt-sky2-classic.gif
is version2, much more classic and I've moved the twinkly star over to one side somewhat, in order to make it a feature of that side of the sky instead of making it a part of the nebula side, which I felt distracted from both the nebula and the galaxy... 

Talking of which I've also reworked the galaxy somewhat to look a little more detailed and brighter as the one above was a little dowdier than even the original sky...

*edit2*
revisisted this fence today to add some barbed wire and to make sure the 'bent-up' one lines up with the regular ones better on the right side.
osjc_tnt_fence2.png
osjc_tnt_fence2.png (18.26 KiB) Viewed 5747 times
its also a bit darker. making it less obstructive on map its designed for (tnt's map20)
tntfence.jpg
rather happy with it.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

True-colour version of the new PIVY3 patch I just submitted to Freedoom:

osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

thats lovely!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

🏳️‍🌈

Based on an idea I saw elsewhere:

It's the time of year for all big companies to show solidarity by (cynically?) changing their logos for a month.
(Or maybe I'm the cynic?)
I'm sure that in the far-flung future* caring companies like the UAC will still be doing this.

No point in posting the actual texture because it's a shonky mess of a quick 5 minute edit.

Original res one was no less shonky:

*some sources indicate that Doom1 is set in 2022!

[edit] Meh! Not the one in the pic, but potentially usable I guess. Not in Doom palette. :P
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I believe UAC would do that, but for it to show up in the game would require the bases all got overrun by demons and zombies during June. Unless the doors have electronic components that automatically recolor the logos when their internal clocks recognize June has started. That makes me think it would be funny if zdoom could swap in silly immersion-breaking content on certain dates like Rise of the Triad.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

If they can establish bases on the Martian moons and invent teleports to other dimensions, they should be able to have logo-changing doors. :D

I was actually wondering about the date idea myself for something different (basically a map that I made for my friend where I thought it would be cool if some of the decorations and decor were different if he played it on his birthday). I don't recall if ACS can interrogate the system date or not though. I know it's been discussed before but I don't remember if it actually made it in.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

It occurs to me that one of the latest editions of the pride flag, and I know because saw it on a bag of skittles yesterday, has a sideways triangle with trans and non-binary colors. That could definitely go in the middle of the uac symbol.
pridedoor2_1.png
pridedoor2_1.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
This looks horrible but it is more about convincing others that you are inclusive than aesthetics.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yes, that Daniel Quasar design has been gaining traction recently. The location for the additional colours in the UAC logo makes sense and works pretty well. Good shout.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

SO today I used slade to do these recolours of quake's lava texture but in the doom liquid colours.
Although intended for use with KDIZD they'll work with any map you want I suppose. 
just view it with the flat warping effect for best visuals. they're not perfect but ok I suppose

*edit*

just updated these to fix some stray green int he slime and slime2 (which are at either end) and redone the contrast on the green...
Winterwings
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Winterwings »

Simple up and down arrow switches with corresponding brightmaps all made from scratch in ~15 minutes.

EDIT : Slight improvement to lit brightmaps, added green glow around the arrows.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Winterwings

Post by Winterwings »

Here's a big one
Numbered switches with brightmaps, also made from scratch.

BIGDOOR1 Edit with unlocking lights

I use these to make either password locked doors or sequence unlocking doors with some ACS trickery and SetLineTexture.
zrrion the insect

Made some hell themed elevator textures including arrow variants, doesn't show up well on the icon face variant but whatever
Winterwings

Post by Winterwings »

Whoa, these are cool :D
Just a question, have you thought of making some new hell-themed doors... i'm kinda short on those and would love some cool looking doors for hellish levels.
zrrion the insect

hell versions of the existing UAC door textures would be an interesting task. Not sure what I would do for those but if I find time I will certainly try something out

Return to “Resources”