Hakros Pattern Editor 1.2.5

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hakrosinteractive
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Hakros Pattern Editor 1.2.5

Post by hakrosinteractive »

Hi, everyone

I have created this application for Windows, the simplest and easy to use texture editor for classic DOOM games as well HERETIC and HEXEN, you can combine any pre-existing texture/image to create your own textures in a few steps and repacking them into a new PK3 texture file to use them with your maps, or you can just use them as images in your wad files directly.

Discover the endless possibilities :-D !!

Reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1nFKJurZck

Screenshots

You can easily combine any texture

Textures

You can use any image or texture to combine them and generate new textures. You can optionally download the hakrostex.dat file (my own textures pack) with 36.000 realistic material textures files from download section.

Install instructions

This software requires .NET Framework 4.6.1, you can find it here

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/downloa ... x?id=49982

Download
You can get the tool from the official website:
https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-pattern-editor

Last edited by hakrosinteractive on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nash

Re: Hakros Pattern Editor 1.2.5

Post by Nash »

I haven't looked too closely at this app yet, but - what's the licensing on those source textures there? Are they your own creations (as in, 100% your own original work and NOT rips from other commercial games or other textuer packs?), and what are the usage terms here?
hakrosinteractive
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hakrosinteractive »

Nash wrote:I haven't looked too closely at this app yet, but - what's the licensing on those source textures there? Are they your own creations (as in, 100% your own original work and NOT rips from other commercial games or other textuer packs?), and what are the usage terms here?
Usage permissions

You are free to redistribute, wholly or partially, these assets with your levels, but I ask that you please do not modify lump or texture names.
You are also free to modify these textures, but please consider using patches to form new textures where possible, rather than adding new lumps.
If you use the pack on your wads please mention me in the credits as "Hakros" or directly as "HakrosTex" you also can use the "HakrosTex logo" on the wad's titlepic or wad's credits image.
You are allowed to use this files on any project for NON-COMMERCIAL purposes only.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Hi, I wanted to try your application, but Windows Defender flags it and removes the executable.

It says "Threat detected: Severe: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml; This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker".

I don't know if this is a false detection or not, but I just wanted to at least provide this feedback.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”