SLADE 3 Broke my whole mod I worked on for 6 months, HELP!

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
adasiok

SLADE 3 Broke my whole mod I worked on for 6 months, HELP!

Post by adasiok »

Today I was working on my pk3 mod, it had tons of stuff but suddenly slade 3 crashed while exiting the program and it corrupted the whole mod and so the backup file. I don't know what to do now, I tried repairing it with WinRAR and it worked out but every texture was corrupted, every sound and every script. Slade 3 deleted 5 folders that contained scripts and sprites and everything, everything got deleted, im fucking sad because i was working on it everyday for 11 hours straight and a one program just broke the most important thing in my life, I have tears in my eyes. I lost everything. Nothing seems to help me, I can only rebuild it from scratch but the making of the mod itself took me 6 months, and I don't want to waste another 6 months of my life only for the same thing to possibly happen. What can I do? I'm literally depressed over a piece of files but that was the most important thing, the only thing i cared about... Slade 3 can't even open the mod files, it shows blank, everything is corrupted, EVERYTHING. Please how can i recover all the progress!!? :cry:
adasiok

Re: SLADE 3 Broke my whole mod I worked on for 6 months, HELP!

Post by adasiok »

here is the file download link https://www.mediafire.com/file/syxct6ju ... 4.pk3/file maybe someone can repair it hopefully...
Last edited by adasiok on Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Okay - I think you are actually better off than you think you are.

First thing I would do is try purging your Slade3 config, and reinstalling it from scratch.

Then, open it again in Slade, because from what I can see, everything is still there. I am not noticing anything unusual outside of work that is yet to be finished, which I would expect in an unfinished package.

If anything has been lost - it should be possible to recreate it.

I am sorry shit happened to you - it does happen - but you look to be on way better ground than you think you are, right now, you look like you are in quite a recoverable state.
adasiok

Post by adasiok »

I tried and reinstalling it but it's still not working, the content indeed is still there but not everything because there are missing folders with content and nothing works from the .pk3. Thanks for the support but recovering it will take me probably months and I already lost 6 because of this, I'm working solo on the files, my friend makes the maps so with no free time It will be extremely hard and I even think about abandoning it.. but I have no heart for it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Have you looked at the .bak files?

Plus generally for projects it's a good idea to make regular backups. Especially if you're working on it with a friend, you could use a Github project and that'd keep a complete backup of all your files.
adasiok

Post by adasiok »

Gez wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:59 am Have you looked at the .bak files?

Plus generally for projects it's a good idea to make regular backups. Especially if you're working on it with a friend, you could use a Github project and that'd keep a complete backup of all your files.
Well I just did, there is the same issue, files corrupted and folders removed.

Return to “Technical Issues”