[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [p29] Reelism 2 - Version 1.21 Released! Bugfixes 'n' su

Post by Panzermann11 »

Spoiler: Bug reporting for a secret map
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Heya! Just asking; I've been working on a boss and he's almost finished; but I can't quite figure out how to add a manual entry for him. If I add "boss.txt" to the manual folder for my .pk3 mod, it overwrites all the other bosses, and if I put it into its own maninfo.txt, it puts it in a duplicate "Bosses" tab separate from the proper "Bosses" tab.

Is there a proper way to do this?
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

The way I did it is I *copied* Reelism 2's boss.txt, then added my stuff into it on top of it. Still overwrites the original, but since it has all of that content...
Willytor
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Willytor »

kind of a stupid question but does the roulette revolver's bfg shot work like the vanilla bfg
InsanityBringer

Re: [p29] Reelism 2 - Version 1.21 Released! Bugfixes 'n' such

Post by InsanityBringer »

Well I guess I'm 2 years too late from the initial release, but I finally played Reelism 2.

Man, as charming as I find the jank and chaos of the original Reelism, I gotta admit this one came out of the gate in a much better shape. Out of everything new, though, I found the game's bosses and by extension boss rush mode to be well improved and a definite step up.

And with this random thought, I also have a question and a (probably known) bug report. First of all, is there some bonus I'm missing that causes shotguns of all kinds to spawn? I keep on finding bunches of them during the boss round on Gutrot, and they're just.. there, far from any spawners or anything, and they seem to last forever. The bug that is probably known is that if you run out of ammo while firing the minigun, but get some more before switching away, you can immediately start firing again without the spinup.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

InsanityBringer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:30 pm And with this random thought, I also have a question and a (probably known) bug report. First of all, is there some bonus I'm missing that causes shotguns of all kinds to spawn? I keep on finding bunches of them during the boss round on Gutrot, and they're just.. there, far from any spawners or anything, and they seem to last forever.
During the Wizards monster reel, there's a rare-ish chance that a Shotgun Wizard will spawn, who just kinda trundles around throwing Shotguns for a bit.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah speaking of Shotgun Wizard, he's a fren who gives Shotguns for everyone. But he disappears pretty fast and has large health for some reason.

That gives me an idea, tho: granting me a slightly large score upon his death... Or it's just my "No one shall live in this Colosseum" thing.
BlueWarriorJames
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueWarriorJames »

Reelipedia (Enemy and Weapon Encyclopedia when)?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

BlueWarriorJames wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:29 pm Reelipedia (Enemy and Weapon Encyclopedia when)?
When you press F1.
BlueWarriorJames

Kinsie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 pm
BlueWarriorJames wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:29 pm Reelipedia (Enemy and Weapon Encyclopedia when)?
When you press F1.
Okay... But so Many Dumb Ideas in my head but I would make them when I go to College and get a degree to make my "Guardian Units of Nations" and "Black Arms" slots with Corresponding bosses "Heavy Dog" and "Black Doom". Time to find some Sprites.
carBENfiber

Post by carBENfiber »

So quick custom map question. Ive followed the instructions and got my map imported and I got it to appear in the menu in town, but it does not appear in the start and pause screen level selection menus. What do I need to do to get it there.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

carBENfiber wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:18 pm So quick custom map question. Ive followed the instructions and got my map imported and I got it to appear in the menu in town, but it does not appear in the start and pause screen level selection menus. What do I need to do to get it there.
Create an episode definition for it in MAPINFO:

Code: Select all

episode MAPLUMP
{
	name = "Map Name"
}
At some point I need to figure out how to unify all this so you don't have to define maps for the menu in two different ways...
carBENfiber

Post by carBENfiber »

Kinsie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:55 pm
carBENfiber wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:18 pm So quick custom map question. Ive followed the instructions and got my map imported and I got it to appear in the menu in town, but it does not appear in the start and pause screen level selection menus. What do I need to do to get it there.
Create an episode definition for it in MAPINFO:

Code: Select all

episode MAPLUMP
{
	name = "Map Name"
}
At some point I need to figure out how to unify all this so you don't have to define maps for the menu in two different ways...
Thank you! started doom mapping yesterday so im no expert lol. The modding documentation was super helpful! I probably just skipped over that part. Thanks for the help!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: Hot feedback comin' thru
BlueWarriorJames

I wanted to see the return of the Poorly Colored Sonic OCs as a Jackpot or maybe a 999 Script on a Space Colony ARK Map.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”