[DEMO - WIP] World of Strife

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - SEEKING MODELLING HELP

Post by ramon.dexter »

SEEKING MODELLING HELP
Well, right now I got to a corner. I'm capable of creating static or simply animated models. Yeah, weapons are not a problem, too. :)
But, when it comes to character models, this is an area where I completely fail. I spent last week trying to make my new player models work...and totaly failed. I just don't know how to make this work. The model animation, rigging and stuff like this is totally over my head. :(
So, I'm coming here annd humbly asking for a help. Would anyone exprienced with modelling lend a helping hand to me with the character modelling and animation? I'm not looking for anything fancy or complicated, like sculpts or stuff like materials. I want simple models in the style of Haxen II/Quake II/Deus Ex/Unreal Tournament. I can provide basic modelling and texturing, but I need help with rigging and animations. Would someone like to participate in bringing the World of Strife with complete models to life? :)
ramon.dexter

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - Video showcase

Post by ramon.dexter »

Here we go, a little video update.

Basically, remake of the Millport map. Since I've got used to making plane portals, now I'm able to make nearly anything.

ramon.dexter

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - Lore update

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well hello everyone, how are you today?

I've brought you something to read. Since I mean it seriously with World of Strife, and I've finally found the true balance of scifi and fantasy in it's setting, I've found the lore of barebone Strife as quite ... empty. Like, the whole thing with 'bad guys took our women and children, let's get em back' is good for a one timer like strife is, but totally not enough for anything else. So, I took the base of strife and expanded it. It could be treated as a reboot of strife, or a an ofshoot of the world.

Here it is. It's just a first concept and probably will change, but could give you a rough onlook on how the world lore will look. Enjoy.
Spoiler:
And also, something about the world's organisations, aka the good guys, the bad guys and the ugly guys.
Spoiler:
ramon.dexter

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - new screens

Post by ramon.dexter »

Okay, I'm back with some new updates and stuff. Here are some pics.

The power of portals in the Eastcliff village. Behold the town lighthouse, that's used to warn the trader's ships of the dangerous coastline.

The village is called Eastcliff, because it is tucked to the eastern cliffs. They stand tall above the little village, tucked to the cliff's feet.

The temple in Eastcliff's built in the classic Imperial style.

Eastern road. Who knows what is hiding in the trees?

Another village, Ravenrock. This is the building of the famous Ravenrock Brewery.

Ravenrock overlook from the brewery roof.

Another village, Aeredale. Small farming community hidden in the western forest.

Another shot from Aeredale.

Water well in front of Aeredale's northern gate, supplying the fields with water.

Harmit's house. Or not?

Village sign an the forest surrounding the village.

And for other thing, I've updated and almost finalized the HUD. As you can see, most of the information were moved to the top, because why not? Also, I've started playing the thing on smartphone&tablet, and where the info used to be (the bottom corners), now I have fingers. So the main reason is comfort of use on tablet or phone. So I can confirm full functinality in mobile version of gzdoom, Delta Touch. I have learned a lot of zscript, so most of the internal mechanics has been replaced with tuned or completely altered ones. Movement code has been change to incorporate stamina and sprinting mechanic with huge help from mister jarewill. Since I've almost finished the town maps, I've started working on the 'support' maps, that will be used for questing. I've started working on quests and dialogues, but this will take a lot of time. But I feel I'm making a progress here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - new screens last post

Post by Captain J »

The truest true medieval atmosphere of this map is amazing. Tho i also shudder at the potential danger of heavy framedrop, but hey, this certainly will do.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, the first version of the forest map had huge framedrop. So I reduced the amount of actors to 1/10. It still looks mostly the same, but the framedrop is mostly unnoticeable.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Yooooo this looks awesome. Really happy to see this project still going!
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Little update: I've finally made my lazy butt to make a move and FINALLY created the zscript rpg system, that I was thinking about since winter. So, I got player levels, I got experience points, I got a handler that levels up based on xp amount and I'm even able to raise xp through acs. So, the main and major core of rpg mechanic is DONE. Also, I've integrated this mechanic into already created quests in first city. So I need to say I'm defnitely moving forwards.
Now, to make quests and some reasonable story fitting the new lore. Yeah, that would be nice. But for now, I think I'll take a little break. Summer's out, so there are more important things to do.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Okay, another update. I've finally coded the new reloading system without magazine actor. So, weapons now use 'internal' magazine, with reloading working. That was one of the things left for implementation. I think it works nice, so another progress done. Now I need to focus on the story.
DELTAtheDboi005
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

Strife was pretty good in my opinion... I haven't really seen a lot of strife mods at all so this will likely be the first one I'll play...
ramon.dexter

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife

Post by ramon.dexter »

Added new logo

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”