DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

Armage

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Post by Armage »

You are welcome ;) !

I'm glad to contribute with your mod with ideas, like this of Doom Compendium and Lexicon and Wadsmoosh working together.

1. I understand now, thanks for clarify. Is like some incompatibilities with the engine, but in same time they are compatible, lol.

2. Ok, i will try. I remember, i think i used your config before, with DoomRPG Rebalance 2020, and the game have less nightmare monsters in the beginning. In your config you changed the values?
More simple yet, what config you recommend for nightmare monsters only appear in map 5 and so on? And if i will use Lexicon, Compendium and Wadsmoosh, how many wads value, 135? High the value, more hard enemies ending the game?

3. Hum, so is only for an introduction, good.

Thanks for your attention and continue with your very good work.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: 2. Ok, i will try. I remember, i think i used your config before, with DoomRPG Rebalance 2020, and the game have less nightmare monsters in the beginning. In your config you changed the values?
More simple yet, what config you recommend for nightmare monsters only appear in map 5 and so on? And if i will use Lexicon, Compendium and Wadsmoosh, how many wads value, 135? High the value, more hard enemies ending the game?
I think that with a value equal to/ greater than 3, you will get the result you want (Note that this will also affect other indicators, the appearance of weapons, armors, experience, credits, etc.). Total with all packs is 137 wads.
Cybermouse2077

Post by Cybermouse2077 »

ChrisHighwind wrote:Been playing with a build provided to me in the Discord meant for Delta Touch, using the dev's recommended control scheme, and I'm enjoying it a lot!

How do I find that discord? I've been completely unable to find it.
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote:
Armage wrote: 2. Ok, i will try. I remember, i think i used your config before, with DoomRPG Rebalance 2020, and the game have less nightmare monsters in the beginning. In your config you changed the values?
I think that with a value equal to/ greater than 3, you will get the result you want (Note that this will also affect other indicators, the appearance of weapons, armors, experience, credits, etc.). Total with all packs is 137 wads.
Nice, ok! I will try this and see the results.

And tell me please, what is the Toaster mode?

Thanks for your attention.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: And tell me please, what is the Toaster mode?
The Toaster mod is designed to be played on weak devices (including toasters). When the Toaster mod is enabled, some things in the game are changed for the sake of performance. These are things such as:
- the laser on the turret does not appear, this laser requires a lot of CPU computation;
- scripts have increased latency, which is good for performance;
- Removed the display of fill bars in the stims menu.
And things like that.

This mode is good, for example, for playing Delta Touch on weak smartphones.
Cybermouse2077 wrote:How do I find that discord? I've been completely unable to find it.
The link to the Kyle873's DoomRPG Discord server in the first post of this thread.
Last edited by lucker42 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armage

Post by Armage »

Hi! Very very good! Thanks for your explanation :)

I have a slow machine for GZDoom, more or less for LZDoom (i use this instead GZDoom) but a good machine for Zandronum, lol.

I don't understand why LZDoom is more heavy than Zandronum. I know you saved my life, lol, seriously!

With Toaster mod the game become less heavy here in some maps, like first map of Memento Mori 1, in the first door. What happen in this map, why in some parts i have more lags than others?

Anyway i play with slow fps, but i can play. Other maps i have a more stable fps.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote:Hi! Very very good! Thanks for your explanation :)

I have a slow machine for GZDoom, more or less for LZDoom (i use this instead GZDoom) but a good machine for Zandronum, lol.

I don't understand why LZDoom is more heavy than Zandronum. I know you saved my life, lol, seriously!

With Toaster mod the game become less heavy here in some maps, like first map of Memento Mori 1, in the first door. What happen in this map, why in some parts i have more lags than others?

Anyway i play with slow fps, but i can play. Other maps i have a more stable fps.
In that case, be sure to turn on options:
- Disable Fancy Auras;
- Corpses Cleanup;
- Virtual Credit Drops.
This will also increase performance.
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote:
Armage wrote:Hi! Very very good! Thanks for your explanation :)

In that case, be sure to turn on options:
- Disable Fancy Auras;
- Corpses Cleanup;
- Virtual Credit Drops.
This will also increase performance.
Ok, i will follow your recommendation!

Really thanks :)
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

Oh, yeah.

The bestest RPG mod for Doom .WADs made the great come back. I won't tell how badly this was needed, because everyone knows it already; even ID Software called Kyle a few years ago he better continue with development of this delicious modification. Outstanding work, everyone involved.

Anyhow, I want to report that this mod needs Jump Height being dependent on Agility increase; I looked up through scripts and there's no connection. If it could be added, it would be marvelous, hehe.

Oh, and DRLA Compendium reports there's no Chainsword assembly in the game at all, lol.

Good luck.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

CzudakCzudak wrote:Oh, yeah.
The bestest RPG mod for Doom .WADs made the great come back. I won't tell how badly this was needed, because everyone knows it already...
Thanks for the good words!

Update 1.30:
- Outpost has been cosmetically redesigned. Thanks to Ron Dallas;
- added Operating Capsule in Outpost. You can now remove the cybernetic armor from DoomRLA. Works only with DoomRLA;
- added Disassembling Device in Outpost. Now you can take items apart. Weapons, armor, boots and shields are available for disassembly. Works only DoomRLA.

Screenshotes:
Spoiler:
Thanks to Ron Dallas for help with this update.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.
Armage

Post by Armage »

Hi!

Hey, i downloaded your most recent release 1.30 and now the game say "Wadsmoosh requires Maps - Doom Complete.pk3".

What is strange is i already have this file, and i tried rename it, use from your bundle and not works.

So i back to patch 1.29, because i have an backup of previous version, and works fine.

Another idea for your mod is add a randomizer option for type of enemies, items, armors, weapons and ammo. An mod using this idea is Brutal Doom Arthur Edition. Another is the mod posted in moddb, Varied Doom - Chaos Edition.

I'm using Varied Doom - Chaos Edition together your mod and works fine.

Will be a nice idea i think for a roguelike experience, with everything changing each time enter a level.

Continue with your good work in my most favorite mod :)
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Armage wrote: Hey, i downloaded your most recent release 1.30 and now the game say "Wadsmoosh requires Maps - Doom Complete.pk3".
I corrected this in the last build. Everything should work now.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the randomizer in my spare time!
Armage

Post by Armage »

lucker42 wrote:
Armage wrote: Hey, i downloaded your most recent release 1.30 and now the game say "Wadsmoosh requires Maps - Doom Complete.pk3".
I corrected this in the last build. Everything should work now.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the randomizer in my spare time!
Very good, is working now :)

Nice you will see about randomizer. Like i said, in Brutal Doom Arthur and Varied Doom Chaos Edition, both on moddb, have a randomizer option.

And i liked the changes in Outpost =)

Thanks for your response and continue with your really good work :)
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Update 1.30a:
- added the ability to assembly items in Disassembling Device;
- added support for DoomRLA EXTENDED [0.9be] - under development, need more tests (Thanks to DRouve);
- Disassembling Device interface and balance changes.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.
nobrains21

Post by nobrains21 »

Hi! I have a small suggestion if I may.

First of all - i downloaded the recommended "launcher package" and did everything it asked me to.
I had no issues running it after.

The issues started after I got in to the main menu and that background-corridor-fight broke out.
My fps dropped to 1-3 or so and it was hard to do anything. I tried different things, including toaster-mode, to no avail.

After some more poking around I found the culprit - Custom Pixel Scaling option.
You can get to it after enabling "full options menu" and going in to [Options/Set Video Mode] or in the config file inside modfolder/ports/(g)zdoom 4.7.1/gzdoom_portable.INI , under vid_scale_customheight=1080 and vid_scale_customwidth=1920 . In my case it was set to 1920x1080 by default.

I noticed that the game already uses some kind of "HD texture pack", but it also tried to upscale it to 1080p which was enough to render the game unplayable for me. Switching it to 720p 1280x720 got me 50 avg fps, and going 960x540 got me stable 60. Game went a bit blocky but hey, its doom - it supposed to be like that. It still looks decent, better then vanilla in my opinion.

My suggestion would be to either lower scaling to a minimum(960x540) by default and telling ppl that this is something they could change after, or include two versions of the config file with different presets- low and high end one, so ppl can choose. This is not a bug or your fault really, but some one with and old rig might appreciate that. Starting a game and having it immediately running below 1 fps(or low fps in general) might scare some ppl off.

Just in case, the rig I tried it on was my old PC, to which I (for some very specific reason) am emotionaly attached to. I still use it to this day, along side of my new one. Its as follows:
AMD A4 5300, dual-core 3.4ghz.
4gb ddr3 1333 ram
GT730 with 1gb ddr5 vram

Thank you.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”