Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Colerx

Re: [NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Th

Post by Colerx »

you're welcome and it's a pleasure!
well I tried to simply add 2nd player start but I think there's a teleport trigger on map and scripts based on playerclass, that seems working properly only in Single player at current state. For the tracker was enough to change the script from "void" to "enter" type, but in this case I wasn't that lucky. I'll do some research to see if it could be improved somehow!

yes for the sight sprites I was expecting that, maybe as quick fix without touching them, we could do some A_SetPitch in ironsight state (I think of a value about -2.2)
I had a quick try but in current state structure it keeps incrementally aiming up in the sky lol. plus when going in realready state from selecting weapon and not from "unsighting" it could need a workaround for not make it pitch down same as when coming back from sight state.. anyway I think the easiest way should be this one. :)
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Oh yeah. How could I forget the teleport triggers. Hmmmmm. still might be able to work something out. I'll try a few ideas that might even make it possible to play as different classes. The map would play out based on player 1's choice and the others would be along for the ride.

Probably have to reset the A_SetPitch value when reverting to normal sights and then back and forth and so on.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Yes even if the teleport is not automatic it's already playable with different classes, and the map is playing as player1 class including the initial teleport.
However for me it's already good but if you want to investigate a bit on that you'll have all my support.
Thanks!
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

I think I've done that thing of the pitched sights! The right value was 2.8, if you want to try them let me know if could be ok like this :)

Screenshots:
https://i.ibb.co/wcgkKTk/Screenshot-Doo ... 230552.png
https://i.ibb.co/9tKjNW3/Screenshot-Doo ... 230556.png
https://i.ibb.co/Q6MkB81/Screenshot-Doo ... 230600.png
https://i.ibb.co/VYvyfbd/Screenshot-Doo ... 230604.png

I've would applied also a little offset to the sprite in up direction, especially for the pistol, but seems that A_WeaponReady is not affected, so I think it requires graphic editing in case.. not important anyway
Attachments
AESightsBob.zip
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
AESightsNoBob.zip
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
StomyGame
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by StomyGame »

After recompiling GZDoom on Linux 64-bit and still not having the flashlight work I ended up fiddling with the pk3 directly and got it to work.

I use steve's flashlight with a bunch of other wads so I know it's fussy about load order and usually wants to go first. By combining duplicate files (cvarinfo.txt/CVARINFO.txt, loadacs.txt/LOADACS.txt) and making sure FLASHLIGHT is listed first in LOADACS.txt I've gotten it to work. I've attached the files I've changed, anyone can patch the pk3 by deleting the existing versions and dropping these in to replace them.
Attachments
LOADACS.txt
Patched to make FLASHLIGHT the first acs module loaded
(72 Bytes) Downloaded 117 times
CVARINFO.txt
Patched to include cvars from both files
(375 Bytes) Downloaded 106 times
karry299

Post by karry299 »

Playing Eradication campaign as an operative, and i reached map 4 where i have to attack the pirate ship...and after witnessing a short firefight, the pirates apparently made truce with the xenos ? I can see aliens milling around and going inside the ship, ignoring the mercs completely, then they attack me together ! Is that supposed to happen ?

Also, somebody probably requested this already, but just in case, would it be possible to designate that single loot crate object as non-steppable ? It's what annoyed me for the whole campaign, moving to knife the loot crate, but getting a tiny bit too close and ending up stepping ON the crate, thus missing the knife strike.
Deon

Post by Deon »

So I've been playing A:Eradication and it's a lot of fun, but I cannot figure out how to save colonists. I spent 20 min herding ~10 of them to the end, but when I exit, it says "all colonists have been killed".
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Kontra Kommando

New sprite update

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1j226xdn ... 2.zip/file

I have updated all 251 sprite frames for the Xenomorph Warrior as one small part of the upcoming Aliens: The Ultimate Doom V1 mod.

I had scaled up the Warrior sprites by 300%, then enhanced them with the despeckle filter in gimp2.

I plan on doing the same for the other monster sprites.
Attachments
Example of the new sprite update.
Example of the new sprite update.
1e1Ltp0.png (6.87 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
Muppi
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro 5.15
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

Post by Muppi »

A bug I found is that switches which are triggered by shooting dont work when loading it with the mod. Please fix this, it really interferes with the flow of having to noclip to where the button is supposed to give me access to.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

I think this is only a problem for the pistol. All other guns should activate switches. I don't know if I'll get around to fixing this anytime soon. You could open the pk3 with Slade and delete the +NOTRIGGER flag from the pistols for each class. Hope this helps.
Kontra Kommando

(AI-Upscaling) Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

Original done in paint:

https://i.imgur.com/a0pLLan.png

Preliminary result:

https://i.imgur.com/FXj5HQW.png
Kontra Kommando

(AI-Upscaling) Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

Will this be the first of it's kind?
tajnyjemno1

Post by tajnyjemno1 »

Many thanks for the coop fix. I'm playing with a friend in 2 over LAN, the connection is good but it's terribly choppy, player and monster movement are laggy. First mission, colonist. Other doom mods don't stutter. Anyone have similar experience? GZ Doom, tried different versions. Weakest computer has I5 5200u, GTX 850M
Last edited by tajnyjemno1 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PulseRifleFun

Post by PulseRifleFun »

Does anyone play Eradication or any other of these games in cooperative? I've never really done multiplayer before and I think it would be cool to blast some aliens as part of a team.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”