Baphomet's Entryway - A map designed for MetaDoom!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Baphomet's Entryway - A map designed for MetaDoom!

Post by DrPyspy »

In this brief look into an alternative version of events, a survivor of the demonic outbreak of Mars has fought his way through the hordes and onto hell's doorstep. In his search for the mastermind of the invasion, he has encountered a hell priest known as Deag Ranak, who has been making his way to the capital city of hell. The marine is hoping that tracking down the priest will lead him to whoever... or whatever... is leading this hellish incursion.

Baphomet's Entryway is a level that makes use of MetaDoom's unique monsters and gameplay elements, as well as taking some inspiration from MetaDoom's core concepts. Elements from various Doom games are mashed together and molded into a hellish castle full of devious demons. Will you be able to conquer this cursed citadel? The answer is yes! (spoiler alert)

Download Baphomet's Entryway from THIS VERY LINK! Whatever you do, do NOT download it from this link.

You WILL require MetaDoom v7.1 to enter this hellish fortress! Download it from the official webzone or receive a copy from your local pharmacy (prescription required.)

Baphomet's Entryway was tested and developed for GZDoom v4.8.1 (and above), so you should probably play it with that version (or above.)
Last edited by DrPyspy on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Baphomet's Entryway - A map designed for MetaDoom!

Post by Kinsie »

I got to play an early version of this, and it absolutely rules.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Played this mapset and got some thoughts:
* The presentation is great, like the use of the voice lines.
* Looks beautiful, with the use of D64 textures.
* The design of the actual level is also great.
* Secrets weren't hard to find either.
* Love the use of the meathook points, even if i had some trouble with the one that would take you to the Chainsaw room; but i tried running a bit before meathooking, so i guess momento build can help.
* The enemies that were used were nice choises.
* I didn't mind having the GL over the RL but i did felt the absense of the Plasma Rifle if i have to be honest.
* Final Boss was nice, thought i did spent a while running around in a circle while using the flame belch.

Still, it's great and opens a path for any other potential MetaDoom based map, even if someone else could do it.
Maybe someday, i could try and make one instead of being an ideas guy at best lol.

also if anyone is having issue with loading the mapset: if you are using a loader, first put the mod then the map after/below.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

whatup876 wrote:Played this mapset and got some thoughts:
* The presentation is great, like the use of the voice lines.
* Looks beautiful, with the use of D64 textures.
* The design of the actual level is also great.
* Secrets weren't hard to find either.
* Love the use of the meathook points, even if i had some trouble with the one that would take you to the Chainsaw room; but i tried running a bit before meathooking, so i guess momento build can help.
* The enemies that were used were nice choises.
* I didn't mind having the GL over the RL but i did felt the absense of the Plasma Rifle if i have to be honest.
* Final Boss was nice, thought i did spent a while running around in a circle while using the flame belch.

Still, it's great and opens a path for any other potential MetaDoom based map, even if someone else could do it.
Maybe someday, i could try and make one instead of being an ideas guy at best lol.

also if anyone is having issue with loading the mapset: if you are using a loader, first put the mod then the map after/below.
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed! I experimented with giving the player weapons that weren't as commonly used, and ended up settling on the Grenade Launcher and the Gauss Cannon. (I was originally going to have the Lightning Gun in the map as well, but I ran into some softlock issues, unfortunately.) The encounters were designed around these weapon limitations, but I can definitely see what you mean about missing the Plasma Rifle, especially near the end. I'll keep this in mind for the future!
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

This is a really good level. Gotta say, DrPyspy.

And based on how much I've played. I'm gonna give my own score of a 9/10.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Thank you!
Nightsentinel

Post by Nightsentinel »

An Excellent experience from the beginning till the end. 10/10.

I will dare to ask to DrPySpy if he can consider making this map compatible with other mods so that one can decide which mod to play with the map.

Many thanks-
Rudiarius

Post by Rudiarius »

This is fantastic, now release a whole episode and I will treat you to a funny orb :D

Return to “Levels”