[WIP] Nazis Suck

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HellCattX

[WIP] Nazis Suck

Post by HellCattX »

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/j807L6m.png[/imgur]
Hello all, while working on my other mod, Monster Mash, spent some time working on the map Nazis Suck, and have decided to have it as a stand alone mod instead!

Nazis Suck is an improved map from Wolfenstein 3d, it uses e1m1 as its base and expands it as one large level. It uses Wolf3d style weapons and monsters, with no random spawners for monsters, baddies have a random drop spawner that either drops ammo or its weapon.

The maps has many features and twists, some are in game, others are not yet, but its meant to be a hard map to try and escape from, as its played like a prisoner escaping a Nazi bunker.

Many weapons to find to help you out, but ammo is scarce. The map features a custom cast list different than doom II's so if you play out the mod in doom II you get doom II credits, or if you beat the bunker, you get the Nazis suck credits and the Nazi's Suck cast list puts you in the main menu after rolling through. The doom II side is just weapons and monster replacements. Also used Jaguar Wolf3d sprites as its weapon style.

Most of Wolf3d and its expansions baddies are in the map, using the 3d rotations around.

Right now, only Dr. Schabbs has the attack that can turn you temporarily into a mutant ( watch out for blue needles ), but plan on adding more things that can mutate you, and you can mutate into a basic mutant (Pistol and knives ), or at a very small chance, an uber mutant ( Chaingun and Knives ).

Alot of sprites are destructible, which are going to lead to "secrets".

This map is still a WIP, as the bottom floor is nearly done, second floor and third floor have been started, but are just long hallways right now with a few baddies and bosses.

Weapons Info
Spoiler:
As for score points, Treasures and Intel will give you score points, Killing Gets you some more score points, and destroying Equipment and Experiments also net you that sweet sweet score. For now the score is just a number, but have other plans for use of the score points in the future.

Killing scores : Killing a baddie will net you a basic score, killing with fire x3 score, killing with headshot x5 score, gibbing x6 score and melee kills are x10 the base score value, but are very hard to get. So if a Brown Coat guard is worth 10 points, its 30 for burning him, 50 for popping his head, 60 for exploding him, and 100 for stabbing him. This Does not Include Bosses, They have a set Value Score.

Finding prisoners that are not dead hanging from chains then freeing them will net you will a mega score points, killing them will lose you 100,000 points, and yes, you can have a negative score value.

Mostly Just looking for bug and beta testers to try it out and give some feed back until I am ready to call it a full release.

Videos
Spoiler:
Try it NOW!
V 0.09
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VHuvkB ... sp=sharing
Last edited by HellCattX on Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 19 times in total.
HellCattX

Re: [WIP] Nazis Suck

Post by HellCattX »

* Update to .PK3 and fixed doom compatibility issues... Screen shots and videos in the works in between actual work and chores *
Sir Robin
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sir Robin »

in 0.01 all the doors were transparent, like missing textures
in 0.02 most doors are missing textures, a few have them. Some doors open the wrong way.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Thank you, for me, I'm not sure why, but only door on floor 2 before the death knight is missing textures on the door tracks. Working on fixing the door opening, but this map was originally in a different wad and in the process of taking it out, have made some errors. I appreciate the feed back and will be releasing a new version soon, to address this and to include the new scoring system.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

*0.03 out now*

Fixes Texture issues, Adds scoring system : Killing gets you score points, picking up loot gives you score points, destroying experiments and equipment also nets you some score. Adjusted weapon damages to do slightly more for both player and some badies. Fixed the grenadier so he shoots pistol at close ranges and throws a less damaging grenade that no longer instant kills. Other various fixes. Secret and Prototype weapons are "in" game, but cannot be found or obtained by "give weapons" or "give all" cheat. One secret weapon can be found in the weapons lab however if you manage to find all the keys....

Also, no score deductions yet for using secret weapons.
Sir Robin

Post by Sir Robin »

Here's what I'm seeing:

See on the map, there should be a door in front of me, and on the room across the hall. They are there, they block movement and shots and everything, but they are transparent

I look at the map in UDB:

I see a lot of missing textures
I also notice that most of your polyobjs are referencing other random sectors.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Well, i was not expecting someone to dissect my map, the texture issue in map editor is because of how I set it up in doom builder and where to find my textures as I am still fixing errors I made....

however, I am using gzdoom on True Color SW Render, not Hardware Accelerated in my video render options, as I like the classic look. If you use True Color SW, it renders in just fine.
Sir Robin

Post by Sir Robin »

HellCattX wrote:Well, i was not expecting someone to dissect my map
Well, you came to the wrong place then :D

The issue seems to be that you cleared the two-sided flag from all the door walls, so they're not rendering properly.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Yes, that's one of the issues I'm facing, as it also cleared alot of my tags and polyobject numbers when I saved it from my other mod to a new one... but I work 6 days out of the week, and only get a few hours a day to goof off, so it helps when I get feedback from others, as I don't always get all the time I'd like to mod, then play test said mods heh.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

*** 0.04 ***

Video Teaser :

Headshot deaths for most baddies up to Uber Solders, the uber solders do not have head exploding sprites, just uses normal death sprites, but uses the choking on their own blood sound to know you got the points for a headshot. Knife attacks if not hit in the head will have most basic baddies minus the dr.'s and mutants, of a throat cut animation to know you got the point for a melee kill, with the sound saying you did for now. The Brown / White / Blue / Grey Coats all have head explode animations and throat cut when killed.

No map updates, as im going to do mapping after ive laid down the ground work and set up my textures right, thats why there is a way to beat the map, just not there yet and better off than just leaving a button or dead end when at the end...

Oh.. and for those who like to cheat, and magically "respawn" it cost 500,000 points if you die, so before spamming that resurrection command, you can go into the minus score values...
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

** 0.05 Hotfix **
Weapons work as intended. Explosions and melee attacks no longer cause headshot damage and gives you the proper score for gibbing or melee attacks.
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

Not bad so far. Only thing I'd say is that the enemies seem awfully Bullet-Spongey for the amount of available ammunition, though I suppose Headshots could mitigate that.

On the Aesthetic side of things, have you considered editing the door textures to move the door handles down? You get to a door and the handle is above your head, feels like the world is peopled entirely by hobbits.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Yes, it's something I'm looking into, as I've felt that as well, and still adjusting damage values. Thank you for the feedback.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

** 0.06 **

Customized HUD for both full screen and not, full mugshots with xdeath frames, also included mutant face when you get mutated. Keys fit better on hud and stat bar. No more all ammo counter on stat bar as your not wearing a special helmet that counts your ammo for you, just the ammo for your current weapon. Shotguns no longer unload all your shells when you pull the trigger. Other various additions....

* Had to go back to .wad temp. as for some reason when i put the files into a .pk3 the stat bar get moved around for no reason and working on a fix *
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

*** 0.07 ***
Added a weapons limiter, melee weapons take no inventory space, but you can only hold 1 pistol, longarm ( rifle or shotgun ), 1 Automatic weapon, and 1 heavy weapon at a time. The SoD is considered an ultimate weapon, and does not take inventory space. Space Aged Weapons cheated in do not take up inventory space at this time, as the part of the map where you find and rebuild something, doesnt exist yet.

Poly object doors now work in all video render modes as intended and added a few extra loot items. the score counter in full screen mode has been moved to the bottom where the face part of the hud bar would be.

various other additions and fixes, lots of extra content ready to be placed in the map. Summing a Mutdog is the test zombie mutant dog that randomly mutates you, just not coded into the map, does not die when you think it does...

"Spaced aged" weapons have a x30 point effect, and while not gain able by give weapons cheat, can be summoned by the following names - sumon ACP, SFP, RAW, DND, PDU and APC.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”