Lo Wang Companion Mod [Updated]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NeenerWiener

Lo Wang Companion Mod [Updated]

Post by NeenerWiener »

Wang is here to help!
Wang is here to help!
Finally, the Shadow Warrior himself, the final one of the Build Trinity, Lo Wang is here to help you beat all the baddies that get in your way. 8-)

I wanted to finish off the Build Trinity and have all 3, Duke, Caleb, and Lo Wang, to help you fight whatever so I got to work when I finished my Duke Nukem mod.

Lo Wang has his entire arsenal at his disposal sans the circling flames, yes that also means he has his famous Nuke. I tried to keep Wang as balanced as I can get him but he still will likely be a very powerful ally.

Hope you enjoy some Wang! 8-)

Download [Updated]: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j9e0u02d ... 2.pk3/file

I also wanted to include this I couldn't decide if I should have LoWang's more infamous quotes regarding his Nuke, you know the ones, in the mod or not since it could bother some people, so I decided to have it as an optional addon for those who do not mind it

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3tcaggp1 ... Q.wad/file

Changes for 2nd version:
Spoiler:
Here's my other Companion mods if you wanna give them a try as well.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Wang doesn't care if you're possessed by a demon or not, he'll still aid you on your quests.
Wang doesn't care if you're possessed by a demon or not, he'll still aid you on your quests.
The Three Amigos together at last! (and Leonard)
The Three Amigos together at last! (and Leonard)
Last edited by NeenerWiener on Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dawnbreez

Re: Lo Wang Companion Mod

Post by dawnbreez »

Just outta curiosity, what weaponmod is that in the first screenshot?
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

dawnbreez wrote:Just outta curiosity, what weaponmod is that in the first screenshot?
Naku-Naru, I believe.
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

dawnbreez wrote:Just outta curiosity, what weaponmod is that in the first screenshot?
The screenshot with the little red hood looking girl is the D-Rady's mod, the other one is Naku-Naru like what Racer said, and the one with Leonard is Samsara Reincarnation.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Awesome job
be fun trying him in Shadow Warrior tc
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

I updated LoWang a while ago but for some reason forgot to post him here. Lol

Here it is 8-)

DOWNLOAD - https://www.mediafire.com/file/j9e0u02d ... 2.pk3/file

Changes:

Tidy'd up the taunt code for my own sake lol

A consistent issue I was having with Wang's Nuke is that due to the long start up time, we'd usually be finished fighting and he would still be charging his nuke and fire it at nothing. So I I made it that if there's no enemies in sight he'll get out of his Nuke charge but any time he wants to use his rocket, he'll go back to his Nuke and go back to where he was when charging it, keeping it more relevant in fights.

I made it so the LoWang clone will disappear after a certain period of time, to avoid having a bunch of clone Wangs just wandering the map after the fight is over.

I also changed up his chasing a little so that if there's no enemies in sight, he'll follow you more directly, he'll go back to his standard chasing as soon as he sees some enemies and go back to following you once there's no enemies. (This one is an experiment, so far it seems fine, if there's issues I'd like to know.)

I also made it where you can change the chance of Wang taunting after a kill, if you want him to talk all the time or just shut up. Lol

I gave LoWang some immunity to other companion mods' damages in case you want to run him with said mods, so they won't kill him.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Lo Wang Companion Mod [Updated]

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i wonder if it's somehow possible to make a BJ companion mod. cause that would be pretty good. specially with a few random mods to replace him in like WolfenDoom or something. then having BJ tag along with the others to

Return to “Gameplay Mods”