The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by irontusk341 »

Scripten wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Today, I Tried talking to a person i'm currently seeing who just lost their father. Though they are grieving in their own way, ever since their father died, they have been distant. I just hope I'm not being too caring.
They're likely just processing. IMO as long as you are respectful and give them space when they ask for it and listen to their stated needs, you're probably doing things "right".
Wish I would have seen this in time.... :cry:
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by 22alpha22 »

I've managed to get a weapon rendered and animated from the HUD/Statusbar with a little trickery from ZScript and ANIMDEFS. Now my animations are no longer limited to 35 hz but rather the framerate. This is hugely freeing in what I can do with weapon animations, especially high RoF weapons. Sadly actions are still limited to the 35 tic rate, I've no idea if that can be overcome or not. Now all that is really necessary is to figure out how to apply sector light levels and colors to the weapon, I don't imagine it will be possible to apply dynamic lights to weapons rendered like this, oh well.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Im still here, Im actually using this account, despite an 'interesting situation' in ukraine.
Dont deactivate this account pls.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'll not ask anything about your situation for security reasons, but do your best to stay safe.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Apeirogon wrote:Dont deactivate this account pls.
I can't make any promises about remembering - but please understand that when the process to deactivate accounts is initiated it is a batch process, it affects thousands of people at once. You are not being singled out. Don't take it personally. It's us against machines that some assholes have created with bad intent - and the only way we can fight back is to make sure that our forum is an absolute dead end for them.

Take care of yourself, first and foremost. Do not worry about what happens to your account, here. There's always a way to recover things when you are ready again, but right now you have more important things to take care of.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Apeirogon wrote:Im still here, Im actually using this account, despite an 'interesting situation' in ukraine.
Dont deactivate this account pls.
Had my account deactivated too because "beloved" Russia grabbed me into its army so I had to serve for 8 month many thousand miles away from home unless getting discharged due to health condition, luckily.

The situation here reminds me of a rat king. Everyone tries to pull it into his direction so they die. I'd say I'm wrong but apparently russiastan doesn't have any future anymore, I kind of hated it before but I could never imagine it's that bad :shock:

Red soviet flags raised on some private households here, communist civil war era memorials all around, fight against human rights, love of poverty, no education, no jobs, no health care, no production, collaboration of church and communists, every day army grade formations with anthem singing in schools, patriotic canon fodder education in kindergartens, enemys all around, desire to exterminate Ukranians and rest of the world, ethnic nations trying to get all the authority in their republics pushing anyone else away, immigrants banditizing the society, weird relations between men and women, religion, the goal of life is kissing government ss or simply dying in another war, internet censorship, massmedia and power usurping and etc.

I could understand it like non-russians exterminating ukraininas but not russians that think they liberate them (I'm Russian but I do have some Ukrainian blood too btw). Perhaps Russians are too stupid to handle freedom that fell down on them in 1991 so they have been ok with the fact Putin came to power, I would kick that asshole away during his first term for him even allegedly killing freedom under counter-terrorism disguise.

At least I was born and raised in one of Caucasus republics so really not that much ties me up with russia to lose but where I could go.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I just, just don't know what to say about every single ordeal happening around the globe this year, especially both Ukrainians and innocent Russians facing the total violence that they don't even deserve. I'm really sorry about the whole war with Russian army and trying to stop you from being... Well, human. Hope everyone can stay strong and survive the current year. Best of luck to you.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Thanks but at least nobody bombs the hell out of me and other russians, well there are some cases of such things happening at the border of Belgorod but it's kind of easier for russia anyway. Hope Ukranians will push the barbarians back soon and get back to their peaceful lives. I'm way more scared of society I live in. The army always depicts what society it really is in a particular country and what I seen is something to get ashamed of and not to be proud of, things like stealing, reports, bastardish way of dealing with simple soldiers so they grow worst animal qualities just to survive. Ukraine does too have similar problems but at least it's trying to solve them and as soon as Russian authorities understood that there is no other ways to prevent the country from collapse than dictatorship, it decided to go ussr and they cannot do it without invading the whole Ukraine because they have already captured Belarus without a single shot. It's simply like the current Russian authorities don't fit the time so they couldn't let themselves to lose control. All this time they were just exporting resources and importing goods while the inner politics was to throw money at problems not solving them, so here is how it ended for them.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Make jokes, deal with the death of my cousin who I loved (admittedly its been a bit of a while since that happened) and deal with sanctions imposed on Russia preventing my Minecraft Java Edition server from going live.
Callie-Mary

Post by Callie-Mary »

Man, a lot of sad things happening here!
I'm just accidentally starting a new wave of RAM testing by deciding to test out if a hypothesis held true on My System as it did on a client's system, and discovering that in doing so - I made my config run faster.. Whoops!

something slightly less sad, thankfully!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Recently the Netflix show Stranger Things featured Master of Puppets by Metallica in one of their episodes and suddenly the song is trending. I mean, even without Stranger Things, Metallica is a cool band so the recent trend gave me the push to record a quick cover of it: https://twitter.com/NashMuhandes/status ... 0649794560
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Well, the original Doom2 v1.9 exe can now play Doom inside Doom, inject other code into the game, have color lighting sectors, colored fog, palette shiftin, colored blood, inverted dimmed lighting (for mimicking smooth lighting fadeoff), sliding doors, jumps, mouse look and alternative hud thanks to code execution bug.

Will they finally discover a time machine in doom code eventually? :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6hnQ1RKhbo
Last edited by Darkcrafter on Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

While the idea is novel, people are forgetting that you can execute literally any code that will run on such a system. This is no different than running an .exe yourself.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

The limitations of the doom environment make it cool.

We all know that at the end of the day it's just ACE on DOS. Or at least I'd like to think that.

Also it proves id could have done that if they wanted to lol.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh snap! 101th animation in my youtube playlist!

Aaaand this

Return to “Off-Topic”