The Legend of DOOM (v1.1.0)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ryoshenron

Re: The Legend of DOOM (v1.1.0)

Post by ryoshenron »

Does multiplayer coop work at all on this? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I'm guessing no? I know gzdoom mods that use a lot of special scripting without multiplayer in mind end up not working in multiplayer mode. I really wish more of the cool TCs like this supported coop though.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

ryoshenron wrote:Does multiplayer coop work at all on this? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I'm guessing no? I know gzdoom mods that use a lot of special scripting without multiplayer in mind end up not working in multiplayer mode. I really wish more of the cool TCs like this supported coop though.
Multiplayer is not enabled on this mod. Its built to be like the NES game for single player.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Here's an UI idea: add the "Weapon Numbers", along with passive items on the UI so we can tell what we have.
detwelve

Post by detwelve »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:52 am Here's an UI idea: add the "Weapon Numbers", along with passive items on the UI so we can tell what we have.
That's a good idea. I also need to add some indicator that the boomerang is always available as the alt-fire.

Are you aware that the list of what you have is available on the Pause screen? I feel like a lot of people are unaware of this since I moved the item/triforce display from the automap to the pause screen.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Wow. Being able to circle strafe makes dealing with the enemies WAY easier.

This is fun!
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Picked up 1.1.0, still have the issue where you can use multiple keys on a single door on accident.
detwelve

Post by detwelve »

DarkkOne wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:36 pm Picked up 1.1.0, still have the issue where you can use multiple keys on a single door on accident.
Thanks for the report! This bug and other reports of it somehow escaped my radar. I can reproduce and I'll make sure it gets fixed in the next update.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Figured it's probably an easy fix. Took me a bit initially to figure out what was happening. Every now and then I'd just not have enough keys, and be confused about it.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”