The first two service models of the M16 only had semi-automatic and automatic. The Burst didn't replace auto until the M16A2 (the A3 model introduced around the same time kept the automatic firemode) in the early 80s (and by then the Vietnam War, of which this mod is based on aesthetically was over by 1975)
This mod is definitely good but my only complaint is that the barrel replacement is murder on my fps in high quantities, maybe there could be a way to havethem without the fancy fire effects or something?
1. The SSG replacement has an ability that causes fear to the enemies whenever it is fired, that's intentional.
Does this have a set duration? Because it seems like when I fire it, the enemy remains perma-feared, and it seems to effect the entire map. I could be wrong on that, but it feels pretty broken to fire off a shot into a crowded room and easily dispatch the enemy cus they were too stupid to retaliate. lol
War's hell. And this mod certainly brings such thrilling and ruthless moments, plus related movie references! The weapons are fairly deadly, but not mostly accurate so that gives me some good ol' tactical thinking. Also i really like the fact that explosion sound effect gets muffled if you're further away from an explosion. That's an awesome touch!
Spoiler: Full metal feedback.
- Machete and Alt-kicking feel both the same, except the damage output. Since you can swing it and do what melee does, your boots are pretty much for walking. Perhaps add knockback effect to the kicking? Like what Hell Forged does.
- Pinkies sometimes survive from 40mm Grenade to the face in later difficulties. You can do the melee for finisher, but it totally matters in harder difficulty.
- Feels like Zombiemen often drop 556 instead of 9mm. It always depends on RNG, granted. But on my end the game always gave me the ammo for weapon i haven't got yet. Also i might need more 9mm so i can save up some powerful ammo for later use.
- Both Stevens and Fortunate Son feel the same, accuracy wise. I'd recommend to buff up the accuracy on Stevens since it replaces Shotgun.
- It's very Lucky to have Fortunate Son. However, i've found a visual glitch where i load two shells despite i fired only one barrel.
- If i beat the level while reloading any kind of weapon, i become slower in next level. It can be fixed by firing the weapon, so thank god.
And that's about it! Also is it me? Or enemies in this mod act differently? Feels like they react to your gunfire and trying to hide from you. That's an interesting stuff right there!
Very cool mod, overall! I do wish the melee attacks were a little faster. I feel like the delay between the lowering animation and the swinging animation is a little too slow. Also, I wish the impact noises for when you land a hit should be a little more beefier. The impact noises sounds a bit weak. Other than that, I enjoy it. Can't wait to see what else you do with this mod.
Also, I just wanted to add that I love that Rambo yell that happens when you hold down the trigger for the M60. Very nice touch! I had wanted to do that with my own mod at one point, haha.
generally speaking, it's all quite lovely, but...
1.) accuracy is really wonky. I would like it if i had to ADS for better accuracy. would actually be a nice feature. if not, a general tuneup of lets say 50% more accuracy?
2.) ghost monsters can draw blood and otherwise are out of place/annoying. I know the player is basically high all the time, but i could care less for this "feature"
3.) the ultimate weapon isn't very ultimate. Could we get a flamethrower too for mobs? the BFG is both a boss cannon and a crowd disperser, so... would be nice.
I won't be able to answer everybody, but i have updated War Rooster and addressed most issues posted. Have fun and keep on commenting.
Now the FAQ will come with the mod and not in the thread, for easier reading.
And YES, the enemies running away from you is intentional, because the Super Shotgun has a special power that scares monsters off.
Also, the character is not "high". The ghost monsters are PTSD hallucinations from his past and can be turned off, just like most things in the mod.
So have fun, and keep the feedback coming!
+ All hitscan weapons had their accuracy doubled. Which means, they're twice as effective;
+ All melee altfire times sped up a few ticks;
+ Removed the speed decrease when reloading;
+ Grenade launcher damage slightly buffed;
- Removed an leftover feature that allowed to deflect projectiles with altfire;
= Added Samarai1000 to the Credits list, because he's the actor of the barrel particles;
= Skeleton allies play sounds in the same channel to avoid overlaps;
= Reduced M79 smoke intensity;
+ M14 fire rate on semi-auto was increased;
- M14 recoil on full auto increased;
+ Pistol fire rate increased;
+ Shotgun reload speed increased;
+ Time between hallucination spawns increased;
= hallucinations are no longer pushable;
= Fixed pistol sprites with some inconsistencies;
= Fixed an sprite issue with barrel particles;
= Tweaked HUD transparency;
= Remade the pumping back sound effect, because some people had problems with it;
= Adressed the FAQ with the mod, because putting it in the thread wasn't helping.