Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
doomjedi

Re: Ashes Afterglow TC - brief roadmap page 108

Post by doomjedi »

Again, this is just another praise post, I keep playing this and it's one of the best Doom mods I've played, most immersive, done with such love and vision, such detail and fantastic level design.
I keep stopping to look around, enjoy the details, take screenshots, those ambients, that music....wow, this is pure joy.
This is just....fantastic modding, just as I'd make it, just as one should make such mods.
This is inspired and talented creation, so close to perfection.
I like how tough is to survive in this one, you never feel abundance of anything, health including.
mpcomp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings

I have been lurking oin the forums so its time I joined the kudos squad and post my belated obligatory thank you post for bringing such a nostalgix buiuld engine level hexen hub + strife rpgish experience in a single package and that too as a mod!!! words will do injustice to the level of effort presented to us Vostoyk. keep up he good work God speed and God bless.

Now onto some side lore theorizing adding to user @mac420666 headcannon
Spoiler:

Now one bump to a bug aka encounter that can be remedied. As noted by user @Ihavequestions posted the rubble in flooded district path to museum back entrance
may not be an issue for malcom 'Trailblazer 'striker or Cygnis the Guncaster but i went along with our scav hero from the weapon pack and had to use console to
pass the rubble.... adding a chair outside the booth window near the rubble would help to resolve the situation in the sterilised map flooded district

That is all for now.

regards

mpcomp
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Thank you for all the comments!

I don't know what mystery sound you are all referring to. I've not heard of this before now, and haven't noticed it in any of the playthroughs I have watched. Perhaps it is an anomaly of some kind. Or your .wad is haunted.

I think I know what has happened with that bug in Sterilized Flooded District. Will take a look at it at some point.

We'll be posting some more news nearer this August/September so do not be surprised if this thread goes a bit dark until then. I haven't had much in the way of free time so my work flow is a little disjointed. But looking forward to putting out some updates and news on future releases.

Tldr: bump, we aren't dead. Just hibernating/clearing out other work.
Joje

Post by Joje »

Hello!

I want to say a few things as a fan that I want to see in Ashes 3.

A steam release/patreon, LET ME PAY OR I'LL EAT YOUR LIVER

Random spawn points for sniper enemies. (There was a bunch of new spawnpoints added in a patch and it was super cool and scary when i did not know where the enemies could hide, it would be very cool if their spawn locations were different every time you play)

The hexen textures are very nice, especially the corpse sprites. They fit into ashes very much. While i do understand why they have to go, i really wish the new ones have a similar style. Mummified corpses sitting in office chairs in a concrete skyscraper surrounded by the whining desert are cool. Bethesda style skeletons are silly.

Keep the lore vague (The lore of Fallout has lost its mystique over time, while I do understand we eventually will get answers to questions surrounding the pre war world in ashes and all that, I like the shrouded mystery of it all better. Like where the hell did the ghosts come from? What was the plague? Why do some scavangers go insane and mutate? I don't want to have an answer to theese questions. I don't think most inhabitants in this world want to know it either. Most of them are scabby farmers or bloodthirtsty raiders that just want to survive. What the pre war world was doing just does not matter at all when you have to make sure you dont die every single day.)

Also i would highly suggest making an amusement park level. Because that would be cool as fuck
Tyyppi2012

Post by Tyyppi2012 »

Hey, I found a minor glitch in the Ashes 2063 Enriched. In Fissile Empire, when you're in the generator room, where you blow a hole in the wall and flood the place with radiation, touching the concrete around the generator plays the sound of the character emerging underwater rapidly. This was with the latest version of GZdoom.

Also the mods are fantastic and I'm looking forward to the scavengers next adventure.
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

Tyyppi2012 wrote:Hey, I found a minor glitch in the Ashes 2063 Enriched. In Fissile Empire, when you're in the generator room, where you blow a hole in the wall and flood the place with radiation, touching the concrete around the generator plays the sound of the character emerging underwater rapidly. This was with the latest version of GZdoom.

I believe this is a bug in GZDoom 4.8.X. I reported it. We'll see what happens :shrug:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Quick note:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Ashes_2063
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Ashes:_Afterglow

Both main games and the expansion now have DoomWiki entries. More content to be added but both entries include full secrets guides in Walkthrough subsections. So if you still are wondering where that plushy caco collectible is still... Well, now you know

Many thanks to Dynamo and Xymph for editing work
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Speaking of, i recently found out that some days ago Vinny of Vinesauce played one of the old Ashes game along with other kickass mods(including mine)!

Something i should've inform ya before. Apologies for the delay, and congrats!
wisezombiekiller
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wisezombiekiller »

Is it just me, or is the flooded district in the sterilized version impossible to complete? In the flooded parking garage, I don't see how you can get past the dirt blocking off the gate that you need to go through.
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

wisezombiekiller wrote:Is it just me, or is the flooded district in the sterilized version impossible to complete? In the flooded parking garage, I don't see how you can get past the dirt blocking off the gate that you need to go through.
The Flooded District is one of the more difficult areas to pass through in the mod especially on your first playthrough, The parking garage blockage is linked to a switch puzzle, While i personally don't want to tell you where they are as i feel that would ruin your experience, I'm sure that you'll figure it out eventually, But if you don't you just ought to look up a walkthrough of it or wait for another user to help ya out.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

wisezombiekiller wrote:Is it just me, or is the flooded district in the sterilized version impossible to complete? In the flooded parking garage, I don't see how you can get past the dirt blocking off the gate that you need to go through.
It was an ACS code being left out. he's currently working on it though.
SpaceyTwinkles

Post by SpaceyTwinkles »

Hi, I just finished ashes afterglow and absolutely loved it, and I wanted to try my hand at making an addon campaign, and wanted to know where would I start? Is it possible to edit the existing content of afterglow? I've got doombuilder already and would love to try making some new maps :)
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

SpaceyTwinkles wrote:Hi, I just finished ashes afterglow and absolutely loved it, and I wanted to try my hand at making an addon campaign, and wanted to know where would I start? Is it possible to edit the existing content of afterglow? I've got doombuilder already and would love to try making some new maps :)
We'd be happy to answer any mapping related questions directly related to Ashes here, but If you have general mapping questions, the mapping subforum is your best bet.

That said, the fastest way to start is to add the afterglow pk3 as a resource to the GZDoom: Doom2(UDMF) config in UDB. You can then extract the maps with Slade, open them with UDB using the previously mentioned config and start poking around or messing with them.

If you want some idea how to set up a fan map pack, you can have a look at how I did the DMW pk3 for the original release of episode 1.
SpaceyTwinkles

Post by SpaceyTwinkles »

ReformedJoe wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 am
SpaceyTwinkles wrote:Hi, I just finished ashes afterglow and absolutely loved it, and I wanted to try my hand at making an addon campaign, and wanted to know where would I start? Is it possible to edit the existing content of afterglow? I've got doombuilder already and would love to try making some new maps :)
We'd be happy to answer any mapping related questions directly related to Ashes here, but If you have general mapping questions, the mapping subforum is your best bet.

That said, the fastest way to start is to add the afterglow pk3 as a resource to the GZDoom: Doom2(UDMF) config in UDB. You can then extract the maps with Slade, open them with UDB using the previously mentioned config and start poking around or messing with them.

If you want some idea how to set up a fan map pack, you can have a look at how I did the DMW pk3 for the original release of episode 1.
Thanks so much! I'm definitely gonna be popping in for a lot of questions once I start mapping in earnest :)
Ihavequestions
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ihavequestions »

AmissaAnima wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:22 amThe parking garage blockage is linked to a switch puzzle
It's a bug in Sterilized.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”