Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V372 "Dead corpses?"]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheNightATK300

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?[Update: V. 210]

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Another thing, is it possible to disable the Nutifier system in TITLEMAPs? Seemingly my main menu is now haunted with monsters killing the player now while I have not started proper.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

lulle wrote:Yeah, everything could be done if you can find the right article in the wiki :D As I said before, I will take a look at it, but atm I am not @ home and Nutifier doesnt care about existing monsters, so it is a bit more work to expand Nutifier and add that feature. But yeah, why not?
I'm butterfingers with code, so I don't know what it could be but m8f's 10.5x probably has some code that allows iterating through existing monsters and doing operations on them so it might be best place to check it. Alternatively message CutmanMike, he might know since he made the amazing Corruption Cards mod that does all kinds of code wizardry.
lulle

Post by lulle »

TheNightATK300 wrote:Another thing, is it possible to disable the Nutifier system in TITLEMAPs? Seemingly my main menu is now haunted with monsters killing the player now while I have not started proper.
Ooooh I have totally overlooked that. I think disabling Nutifier in titlemaps is the only solution. I found something in the wiki already #gamteype so:
Tnx for reporting and consider it done.
And:
please point me to the wad that killed you :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

lulle wrote:please point me to the wad that killed you :D
I bet its Russian Overkill - start up screen features a donut platform with player character in middle, surrounded by guns on the donut. Probably nutifier filled that area with monsters.
lulle

Post by lulle »

Haha yeah. Russian Overkill and Nutifier: That makes totally sense :D
I have tried it real quick, but nothing odd happens.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?[Update: V. 220]

Post by lulle »

Nutifier V220 is ready2download. The two features TheNightATK300 suggested are implemented (4 infos c 1. post)
Enjoy that lovely little piece of madness.
lulle

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote: I'm butterfingers with code, so I don't know what it could be but m8f's 10.5x probably has some code that allows iterating through existing monsters and doing operations on them so it might be best place to check it. Alternatively message CutmanMike, he might know since he made the amazing Corruption Cards mod that does all kinds of code wizardry.
I read m8fs 10.5 code and found out that there is a way to iterate over every monster in a map. Thats basicly what he does, and then cloning monsters in a custom function. Pretty sexy, pretty cool.
So yeah; I figured out how to do it, just dont have the time atm.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V 225 "Rockefella"]

Post by lulle »

V225 released.
If you pair Nutifier with a monster randomizer you lose Nutifiers extended drop table and will get out of ammo very soon. So I expanded the option "Start Equip" to "Rockefella" which gives you backpack, some weapons and ammo.

Embrace the madness!
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

lulle wrote:V225 released.
If you pair Nutifier with a monster randomizer you lose Nutifiers extended drop table and will get out of ammo very soon. So I expanded the option "Start Equip" to "Rockefella" which gives you backpack, some weapons and ammo.

Embrace the madness!
Interesting I didn't know monster randomizers would break that feature. I take its because the monsters were set to drop the goodies upon death?

Since even with the backpack and max ammo I think its still possible to run out of ammo before clearing out most of the map, so what if it were changed to making the monster's drops be spawned immidiately on the floor where the monster spawns during the nutifier process? I think that would allow keeping the supply of goodies scaled according to monster count and severity more organically.

It would also have the bonus of letting the player see where the monsters had spawned as they traverse the area, since monsters usually rush the player in droves at first, player clears them out and then goes through the now empty areas where they had actually spawned in.
Alamo985
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alamo985 »

A single simple feedback: When loaded with Russian Overkill, Zombieman now drop unusable vanilla pistols instead of something related to the mod. Also, Nut Options or Russian Overkill Options is inaccessible depends on which mod loaded first.
lulle

Post by lulle »

Alamo985 wrote:A single simple feedback: When loaded with Russian Overkill, Zombieman now drop unusable vanilla pistols instead of something related to the mod. Also, Nut Options or Russian Overkill Options is inaccessible depends on which mod loaded first.
-Pistol fixed.
-Yes. Thats when more than 1 mod modifys the main menu. In the next version I will put the "nut options" under "Options". Its harder to find, but wont be overwritten by other mods.

Tnx for reporting!
lulle

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote: Interesting I didn't know monster randomizers would break that feature. I take its because the monsters were set to drop the goodies upon death?

Since even with the backpack and max ammo I think its still possible to run out of ammo before clearing out most of the map, so what if it were changed to making the monster's drops be spawned immidiately on the floor where the monster spawns during the nutifier process? I think that would allow keeping the supply of goodies scaled according to monster count and severity more organically.

It would also have the bonus of letting the player see where the monsters had spawned as they traverse the area, since monsters usually rush the player in droves at first, player clears them out and then goes through the now empty areas where they had actually spawned in.
Yeah, some do, some dont break it.
About your idea: I made a 3d model of a nut which gives you a random weapon/amount of ammo on pickup. I think I will throw some of them in the map. Another option I am thinking about is like "kills regen health" doing a "kills give ammo". 3. Option: I think I saw in a mod someone altering monster states via zscript. Have to find that :?

Tnx again for ideas!
Last edited by lulle on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V 230 "Alamo"]

Post by lulle »

V230 ready4DL.
Quickly fixed/added the features Alamo985 suggested.

Embrace the madness.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V 300 "Nuting stop it"]

Post by lulle »

V300 is out!
Its works better and you get the bonus of improved ammo drops when using Nutifier together with other mods!
Pair it with Brutal Doom and dont get out of ammo!

Embrace the madness.
Willytor
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V 300 "Nuting stops it"]

Post by Willytor »

is it supposed to be a .zip?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”