[DeusDoom: Augmentations] adding Deus Ex augmentations to Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DeusDoom: adding Deus Ex augmentations to Doom

Post by cyber_cool »

I am glad to notify you that there is a big new update to DeusDoom!

This update features legendary tier upgrades: find extra rare legendary augmentation upgrade canisters and apply them to augmentations you already maxed out to gain a totally new extra feature!
Note: not all the augmentations featured have a legendary tier yet - but more than half of them do, so stay tuned for other updates, and suggest your ideas!
legendary_teaser.png
Vyticoz

Post by Vyticoz »

I've been playing with this for a long time and it's become a staple in a good majority of my HDest runs but ever since the blues and drugs rework there are a few issues that have surfaced. The first is that blues no longer drain out slowly to recharge your bioelectrical energy. The second is that the cloak aug causes massive FPS drops. It worsens with the number of enemies on a map, especially if enemies are already looking for you. Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but Arachnotrons can still see you when you have radar transparency active but not when you have the cloak active. I always assumed that the Arachnotrons were a cybernetic enemy and that the radar transparency would be the more appropriate aug choice.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

So, I recently hopped back on development and:
- Power recirculator got reworked: it is as 40% effective as it was before, but works passively. Activating it while having all other augmentations off causes a portion of spent before bioelectric energy to release back: use this ability after intensive fights to squeeze the maximum out of bioelectric cells!
- Added binds for toggling on or off all augmentations (except power recirculator)
- Changed the spy drone to display marks of different colors instead of enemy sprites (white is regular enemies, red is bosses, green is items and friendly monsters).
- Changed microfibral muscle: added a feature of picking up alive non-boss monsters with thershold of their current health, increased per level of augmentation (and severely increased by legendary upgrade), also made it do damage with thrown objects below legendary upgrade but also made legendary upgrade heavily improve the damage; also made picked up objects semi-transparent.
- Added a legendary upgrade for synthetic heart that makes all tech 4 augmentations legendary, and all legendary augmentations tech 5.
- Finally fixed the bug with microfibral muscle that caused gzdoom hardcrashing.
- Improved HDest compatibility, addressing existing bugs mentioned before, as well as agility enhancement incapacitating the player on levels above 2 (still very dangerous if you bash your head on a wall while dashing).
- Added a workaround for HDest speed cap that sort of works.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Added almost all legendary upgrades, except speed enhancement. Ideas are welcome.
Also now augmentation toggle binds are displayed on the augmentations UI.

Quick note: I lost my main communication channel on Discord and the forum topic seems to have died, so I believe this is the last update.
Doomwolf96

Post by Doomwolf96 »

I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Every time I try to install an aug, the game crashes with a wall of error text

(Since I can't upload the screenshot directly, I can only link to its url) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Doomwolf96 wrote:I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Every time I try to install an aug, the game crashes with a wall of error text

(Since I can't upload the screenshot directly, I can only link to its url) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
That's strange, cause it pretty much says that player's Mobj is null. Do you have other mods installed? I can't reproduce it.
Doomwolf96

Post by Doomwolf96 »

cyber_cool wrote:
Doomwolf96 wrote:I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Every time I try to install an aug, the game crashes with a wall of error text

That's strange, cause it pretty much says that player's Mobj is null. Do you have other mods installed? I can't reproduce it.
No, I had no other mods installed. I tried it one more time and it worked for a while, installing the aggressive defense system didn't cause a crash, but installing the healing aug did cause a crash.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I've actually gotten this as well, albeit while playing with other mods. Been trying to narrow down which ones are causing it, I think I've had it happen with the regen aug too.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

-Ghost- wrote:I've actually gotten this as well, albeit while playing with other mods. Been trying to narrow down which ones are causing it, I think I've had it happen with the regen aug too.
If you are fine with that, you can post all the mods you have been using, I may as well have some free time to try narrowing it down, too.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

cyber_cool wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:I've actually gotten this as well, albeit while playing with other mods. Been trying to narrow down which ones are causing it, I think I've had it happen with the regen aug too.
If you are fine with that, you can post all the mods you have been using, I may as well have some free time to try narrowing it down, too.
Sure, just got one now while trying to install either Combat Strength or Microbial Muscles. I usually play this with NeoCore because it fits the aesthetic pretty well.

Error:

Mod List:

Let me know if you need any mod info, most of them are basically just aesthetic.

I did have another weird bug where when I was playing with the STALKER Weapons Mod I couldn't pick up or interact with the biocell drops.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

-Ghost- wrote:Sure, just got one now while trying to install either Combat Strength or Microbial Muscles. I usually play this with NeoCore because it fits the aesthetic pretty well.
Thanks for the info. I believe it doesn't have to do with specific augmentations, but with UI elements. Kinda hard to tell what interferes with it (since UI elements aren't even actors), and I couldn't reproduce it with NeoCore alone (also couldn't find download links for Project Malice for some reason). So instead I "fixed" it by adding a simple check to the widget that was causing the crash (thanks to your 2nd screenshot). Hope it works.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

cyber_cool wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:Sure, just got one now while trying to install either Combat Strength or Microbial Muscles. I usually play this with NeoCore because it fits the aesthetic pretty well.
Thanks for the info. I believe it doesn't have to do with specific augmentations, but with UI elements. Kinda hard to tell what interferes with it (since UI elements aren't even actors), and I couldn't reproduce it with NeoCore alone (also couldn't find download links for Project Malice for some reason). So instead I "fixed" it by adding a simple check to the widget that was causing the crash (thanks to your 2nd screenshot). Hope it works.
Here's the link for Project Malice if it helps for troubleshooting: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhcya5zw5xdql ... 2.pk3?dl=1

If it's a UI based issue, UDVBase is a custom version of Ultimate Doom Visor and Dom64ifier has UI changes as well I think, they're just overwritten by my other stuff in there.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

-Ghost- wrote: Here's the link for Project Malice if it helps for troubleshooting: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhcya5zw5xdql ... 2.pk3?dl=1

If it's a UI based issue, UDVBase is a custom version of Ultimate Doom Visor and Dom64ifier has UI changes as well I think, they're just overwritten by my other stuff in there.
Thanks for the link, couldn't reproduce the bug still (maybe the recent "fix" actually helped, it's hard to tell). About UI - I made it in a strange way, it's basically a system of objects that renders through renderUnderlay event of StaticEventHandler. But I might as well try to reproduce the bug with these mods loaded as well.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Alright, I made some significant improvements to DeusDoom during this week:
  • Added (albeit primitive) GFX for Gravitational Field, Regeneration, Aggressive Defense System, Combat Strength, Ballistic Protection, Energy Shield, Environmental Resistance.
  • Targeting now continues to display information about the last monster you put your crosshair on. Legendary upgrade wasn't changed.
  • Added and used a new font for UI overlay, which looks cleaner.
  • Added an ability for enemies to gain and use augmentations to their advantage. Can be disabled and/or tweaked in Settings > Gameplay.
I guess I have to make a new trailer for the mod now, since much things have changed (the current video doesn't even show bioelectric energy bar)...

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Good to see another update! Do you think you'll be adding other stuff from Deus Ex, like the various gear you can carry? More augs would be cool too, maybe blending the original DX ones with some of the more useful sequel ones.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”