Nutifier-Remember NUTS? [V372 "Dead corpses?"]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?

Post by lulle »

FINALLY!
INCREDIBLE!
TOTALLY NUTS!

Nutifier works with Hideous Destructor!
HDNUTS.jpg
ANUT.png
ANUT.png (30.7 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Enjoy it!
Spaceman333

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?[Update: V. 200]

Post by Spaceman333 »

SUPER UPGRADES! Thank you!! :D

I'm definitely loading up this up with Russian Overkill to finally play it against the monster density it deserves.
lulle

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?[Update: V. 200]

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote:SUPER UPGRADES! Thank you!! :D
I'm definitely loading up this up with Russian Overkill to finally play it against the monster density it deserves.
Don't be distracted by their cute monster eyes. They deserve punishment. And btw. Fridge is empty. Beat them & eat them!
lulle

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote:I
Option to cap the max amount of monsters this can spawn for level (I can handle up to 800 monsters before game start lagging badly)?
Took a look at it and a counter doesnt work very well for various reasons. The clean solution is adding a lower nut level. But before doing that I need more input, because it heavily depends on the level layout. So tell me what map and I let the madness do its evil work.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Nutifier-Remember NUTS?[Update: V. 210]

Post by RastaManGames »

Thanks for the update! Now it works fine with "Atom Rain - X Protocol"!
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

lulle wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:I
Option to cap the max amount of monsters this can spawn for level (I can handle up to 800 monsters before game start lagging badly)?
Took a look at it and a counter doesnt work very well for various reasons. The clean solution is adding a lower nut level. But before doing that I need more input, because it heavily depends on the level layout. So tell me what map and I let the madness do its evil work.
Honestly I'm intending to use the Nutifier with almost anything - vanilla maps, oblige/obsidian maps, big mappacks - usually ones that keep the monster count below 1000 monsters per level.

If a level already has more than 800 monsters, then I'd expect the Nutifier to do nothing for those levels.
If there are less than 800 monsters, then I'd expect it to keep spawning monsters until it A) runs out of space or B) reaches the 800 total monster count for that level.

I'm guessing this would cause the some levels to have some areas with a lot of traffic while others will suddenly be empty because the above 'B' condition got triggered - but I'd be plenty happy with that since smooth performance/FPS matters more to me.
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by ArchVain12 »

This is so good.. not hard at all and great update now works on LZdoom nice mod
lulle

Post by lulle »

ArchVain12 wrote:This is so good.. not hard at all and great update now works on LZdoom nice mod
Tnx, great you enjoy it!
2 easy? Reduce auto-heal *evil laugh*

Beatem&Eatem!
lulle

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote:Honestly I'm intending to use the Nutifier with almost anything - vanilla maps, oblige/obsidian maps, big mappacks - usually ones that keep the monster count below 1000 monsters per level.
If a level already has more than 800 monsters, then I'd expect the Nutifier to do nothing for those levels.
If there are less than 800 monsters, then I'd expect it to keep spawning monsters until it A) runs out of space or B) reaches the 800 total monster count for that level.
I'm guessing this would cause the some levels to have some areas with a lot of traffic while others will suddenly be empty because the above 'B' condition got triggered - but I'd be plenty happy with that since smooth performance/FPS matters more to me.
Okaaaaay-a mod to work is everything is quite a challenge. Isnt there any other mod targeting this specific use case?
Nutifier doesnt care about existing monsters as its base are sectors, so I got not a single line of code for that. That doesnt mean I wont add that feature, but atm it cant be done in a nice way y just adding a few lines of code here and there.
And yeah, you figured that out already: I played around with a simple counter but that ended up in some filles add some empty areas. For me, thats not good enough. :D
I am thinking about it, I dont know when but it will added sooner or later!
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

m8f's 10.5x mod comes pretty close to universality by multiplying (or dividing) each preplaced monster spawn, but it lacks Nutifier's random new monsters at random new locations feature. m8f's 10.5x also requires the user to know in advance how many monsters would appear on a level to accurately tweak it for each level so its not perfect solution either.

I suppose a quick but dirty solution would be to first let Nutifier do its thing, then have a script randomly delete/remove every Nth monster in the level until the total monster quota falls below what the user set in the options. That could theoretically leave most monster spawns evenly spread about, but might make some upfront perfomance hit during level start and perhaps require adjusting the final total monster count if the deleted monsters made achieving 100% kills broken somehow.
lulle

Post by lulle »

Yeah, QnD removing after spawning. I could iterate over every sector and remove 1 Monster per sector until hitting the desired amount.
Its dirty but will probably be a solution.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

lulle wrote:Yeah, QnD removing after spawning. I could iterate over every sector and remove 1 Monster per sector until hitting the desired amount.
Its dirty but will probably be a solution.
Would it be possible to expand this feature with an optional suboption by making the mod first delete all existing monsters in the level and then apply nutification (and then optionally delete again the new nutifier spawned monsters to reduce the monster count)?

The cool bit about this feature it will effectively give the mod the ability to not only Nutify levels but also entirely reshuffle them. This might break Boss levels of Doom 1 episodes and Doom 2's Dead Simple levels, but for the rest it could turn every level into a fresh experience and feature enemies that normally never would have appeared there.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

To be honest, I am kind of annoyed with the joker laugh every few seconds after I kill a mass of monsters. Would it be possible to make it as an optional feature?
lulle

Post by lulle »

TheNightATK300 wrote:To be honest, I am kind of annoyed with the joker laugh every few seconds after I kill a mass of monsters. Would it be possible to make it as an optional feature?
Consider it done.
lulle

Post by lulle »

Spaceman333 wrote: Would it be possible to expand this feature with an optional suboption by making the mod first delete all existing monsters in the level and then apply nutification (and then optionally delete again the new nutifier spawned monsters to reduce the monster count)?

The cool bit about this feature it will effectively give the mod the ability to not only Nutify levels but also entirely reshuffle them. This might break Boss levels of Doom 1 episodes and Doom 2's Dead Simple levels, but for the rest it could turn every level into a fresh experience and feature enemies that normally never would have appeared there.
Yeah, everything could be done if you can find the right article in the wiki :D As I said before, I will take a look at it, but atm I am not @ home and Nutifier doesnt care about existing monsters, so it is a bit more work to expand Nutifier and add that feature. But yeah, why not?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”