gzPhotography (v1.0.0)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hellgnoll
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

gzPhotography (v1.0.0)

Post by Hellgnoll »

gzPhotography

gzPhotography is a small bespoke mod which adds a photography camera into any gzDoom load order. It has been designed with maximum compatibility with other mods, placing the camera in your inventory under slot 0, and providing a universal printscreen button replacement which takes clean, unobstructed photos.

To enable photo-taking, you will need to turn on Options > Miscellaneous > Enable making screenshots by script.

Features

Sorry Cyberimp DSC-P72
Spoiler:
Selfie Mode
Spoiler:
Flash and Fill Flash
Spoiler:
Universal clean screenshots
Spoiler:
Shot composition overlays
Spoiler:
Photo information overlay
Spoiler:
Compatibility Notes
Spoiler:
Download
Release page on Github
v1.0.0 Direct download
Enjay

Re: gzPhotography (v1.0.0)

Post by Enjay »

Neat idea. I've been playing with photomode in Cyberpunk 2077 and having a blast with that. It would be nice to see this expanded to include some ideas from that.

Things that spring to mind are the ability to freeze the game to "pose" the photo, perhaps the ability to spawn and move an alterative camera so that you can see your own sprite in the view, the ability to set the player appearance to different states in such a photo (e.g. firing).

Of course, such suggestions may well be beyond the scope of what you are trying or want to do. I'm just throwing out ideas really.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

It would be kinda fun to see a "poor man's DOF" by spawning multiple cameras with very small offsets rendered as transparent cameratexture overlays on the player's screen, and then adjusting their aiming points to change the "focal distance" / convergence.

8-)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I like how its universal and has a flash feature. There was another selfie mod called InstaDoom that does not have those.

Selfie feature give even more mileage to any mods that change the player sprite like the 150 Skins mod.

Definitely a keeper and even autoloader worthy mod. Thanks for makin' n' sharing this creation!
Proydoha

Post by Proydoha »

This is very cool and I think I'll take your camera to all my future adventures!

Previously I've bound

Code: Select all

KP1=r_drawplayersprites 0; crosshair 0; screenblocks 12;
KP3=r_drawplayersprites 1; crosshair 7; screenblocks 10;
To do the same but your mod is much more immersive

There are two minor inconveniences:
When you take a photo it alerts monsters. While it makes sense that camera sound alerts monsters it would probably better if it was a togglabe option.
When you are in fullscreen hud it leaves black border at the bottom of the screenshot. Probably nothing can be done about this one unfortunately because it is impossible to change screenblocks CVAR outside menus/aliases.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”