[WIP]Gothic Skins for Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Re: [WIP]Gothic Skins for Doom

Post by SiFi270 »

thugsta

Post by thugsta »

HorrorMovieRei wrote:Of course! You can post it here or wherever you want, and I'll link it in the OP.

Regarding what will become of this mod, I might end up scrapping the gameplay mod version, but I think I should be able to get the HDest version out. I also think this pack in general needs atleast one more update until I can call it done, mainly so I can do some touchups on the guns, make a better players sprite, and I been really itching to make some propper HUD graphics for it, since the default Doom one is quite unfitting.
Hey what was your idea for the gameplay mod version? i am curious of your vision.

Also, when or is there an ETA on your HDest mod? what is your plan with this as i love your ideas and wish to see them come to fruition. :wub:

Thanks for your work
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

My idea for a gameplay mod was to have it be a little bit like Doom 3, with the slower pace, and reloading weapons to put some pressure on the player, but also allowing for a few health supplies to be carried in the inventory in limited amounts. Basically giving it some small aspects of survival horror, but not straying too far from Doom's gameplay loop. I would probably have spiced up the enemies too to keep the player on their toes.

In other news though, I have the time now to begin working on another update. After that I should focus solely on making the HDest version.

Here you can see both the new HUD I've made for the mod, aswell as improved muzzle flash for the Revolver.

I will also be creating a new player sprite completely from scratch fill in for the place holder we currently have.
Here you can see the very rough concept I have for the player sprite. I considered taking inspiration from Vampire Hunter D and giving him a coat or cape and a stylish hat, but that did not fit at all with Doom Guy's ethos.
I also considered giving him a full set of knight armor, but that would not only look too excessive, but look out of place in this Mod's universe too, since I envision it as being early 20th century (notwithstanding the actual armor pickups, since you can assume they are of holy/magical origin).
So instead I went with this design, mildly based on Victor Saltzpyre's bounty hunter outfit from the game Vermintide 2, which I think speaks more to Doom Guy's brutish crusader nature. Still looks rather antiquated for the time period, but it's easier to think of it to be a family tradition to wear this type of uniform for exterminating demons, like how the Belmonts do it. Though I described him as a crusader, he's not affiliated with any church or religion. Think of him more as Van Helsing if he was built like Arnold Schwartzenegger and used lead instead of crosses and his bare hands instead of wooden stakes :twisted:
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

HorrorMovieRei wrote:My idea for a gameplay mod was to have it be a little bit like Doom 3, with the slower pace, and reloading weapons to put some pressure on the player, but also allowing for a few health supplies to be carried in the inventory in limited amounts. Basically giving it some small aspects of survival horror, but not straying too far from Doom's gameplay loop. I would probably have spiced up the enemies too to keep the player on their toes.

In other news though, I have the time now to begin working on another update. After that I should focus solely on making the HDest version.
Cool, thanks for the behind the scenes info on that project, really appreciated. I continue to look forward to seeing the progress on this but as well on your HDest version too, should be fantastic as i love your work :wub:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”