Hands of Necromancy [Full game released!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Emmanuelexe

Re: Hands of Necromancy [Demo available!]

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hands of Necromancy is released!

This dark fantasy metroidvania FPS will bring you into different worlds where you will have to find your path with the different transformations!
Defeat the Undead Kings and prove your strength and magic power!

Steam Link:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1898 ... ecromancy/
RKD

Re: Hands of Necromancy [Full game released!]

Post by RKD »

Congratz on the full release! :wub:

Are there any plans to include the OST as a DLC? Kinda like other games in the store. I know it's available on youtube but it would be nice to give an extra support to the game/composer.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Luke Jansen put the mp3 in his website
https://www.retrogamemusic.org/originals-luke-jansen

:wink:
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Congrats on the release! Bought it immediately and looking forward to playing it tonight after work hopefully!
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Was so excited to get this news in my email. Thanks for keeping us old school fans happy and motivated.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

I'm having trouble getting past the first door.

There's nothing wrong with the game. I just took a screenshot and have been trying to translate it since. It appears to be anglo saxon futhorc (mixed in with elder futhark) and appears to just be the alphabet. Here it is translated with all of the most common alphabets.
door1.jpg
Spoiler:
RKD

Post by RKD »

Emmanuelexe wrote:Luke Jansen put the mp3 in his website
I'm gonna argue is more effective to have it included in the steam page, tbh. Not that I'm demanding you to do so. I'm just saying.

In other news, I've just beat the first episode and have a few things to point out. Btw, the boss fight was really good.
Spoiler:
Now, I gotta say that the game is great and solid. The first episode was super fun and finding secrets is satisfactory while not being too demanding, just how I like it. Congratz once again on the release! I'll keep playing the next episode after getting some work done. I haven't been this much looking forward to my next game session in a while, so that's something. :lol:
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

The big gargoyle die quickly of the Ring of Ice because he has a big hitbox and the ring of ice projectile is slow or something like that i remember. It could be much longer with the other weapons.
Good idea for the script, thanks for the other reports.
RKD

Post by RKD »

Emmanuelexe wrote:The big gargoyle die quickly of the Ring of Ice because he has a big hitbox and the ring of ice projectile is slow or something like that i remember. It could be much longer with the other weapons.
I haven't looked at the code but, yeah, you're probably describing the projectiles act as ripper. I think I killed one of them with just 3 sword swings but I'll keep testing with sword and other weapons to see how much damage it can tank. I just wanted to mention that I felt its HP was pretty low for the "tier" it seems intended.

Btw, I remember the Ice Ring was the nicest weapon in the first version of the demo. Now it's even better. I can confirm that it really shines against packed enemies. :thumb:
Gez

Post by Gez »

RKD wrote:unusual words like "poised"
It's a perfectly cromulent word.
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

Gez wrote:
RKD wrote:unusual words like "poised"
It's a perfectly cromulent word.
Yeah, it's not at all recherché. ;)

No, but congrats on your guys' release!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Thank you! :)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

knight with shield looks spot on, when he die his falling shield gives hexen centaur vibe.
scythe weapon is cool, grenade is fine, but shotgun pistol? i thought ice ring is your shotgun.
RKD

Post by RKD »

Consider it an ssg then?
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

It does big damage at close range and can 1-2hit kill much faster solo enemies than the Ring of Ice who is more for large horde with lower damage and it goes through the shield of the Undead Knight.
The pistol was supposed to throw big ball like a snipe (fast projectile) but it was pretty basic and the Fireball Staff did already this job (with less power) so we reworked it...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”